Home

I will still boycott madden football for no PC version

This is a discussion on I will still boycott madden football for no PC version within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #25
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I will still boycott madden football for no PC version

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
There are a ton of pros and cons either way, but I highly suspect that the reason why sports games, in general, are not released on the PC has to do with contracts with the leagues. I am going to guess that the NFL (and other leagues, probably) have a clause that prohibits the "altering of their brand"...it is the reason why in Maddens past you couldn't create a stadium or team with existing, actual team colors or logos. The PC version will be cracked within days and EA has no control over that.

HOWEVER, the only way I see a PC version coming out is if EA decides to implement a "SimCity Always On Requirement". Where they can control the content.
And I say blankety blanking blank you NFL for this policy, once the game is on our game systems, or my PC then it ceases to be "their brand" and it becomes "our fantasy world" and they have no business dictating to us what should be done in that "make believe world"!!!

Which reminds me - the only way the exclusive license will go away is if people flood the NFL offices with complaints. EA took advantage of the situation, a situation which the NFL created of its own volition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #26
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmcfly
2KSPORTS has announced they will no longer be releasing PC versions of NBA starting next year
Source? I haven't been able to find anything on this. I know 2K14 has only been confirmed on PS3 and 360, but as the PC version isn't released the same time as those anyway, I don't think that necessarily means it isn't on PC.

It seems 2K haven't actually even released a press release about 2K14's platforms and release date yet. The one for 2K13 came out late May 2012. The news about its release date is sourced from Amazon posting pre-orders for the PS3 and 360 versions. Besides not having a 2K14 PC pre-order available, they also haven't posted pre-orders for other platforms like Wii and PSP etc, and it seems unlikely PC, Wii and PSP are all missing out.

EDIT: Actually scrap that, they do have a PC pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/Nba-2K14-Linux...=operasport-20

Which doesn't prove anything, but unless I'm missing something, 2KSports have most certainly *not* announced it isn't on PC.

Last edited by Nza; 05-01-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #27
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

They didn't announce anything regarding 2K14 on PC. They didn't release MLB 2K13 on PC, so people make assumptions.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #28
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBlitz
They didn't announce anything regarding 2K14 on PC. They didn't release MLB 2K13 on PC, so people make assumptions.
Which would be a pretty strange basis for such an assumption, given NBA 2K13 *was* on PC.

Granted, it has been touch and go every year since NBA 2K has been on PC on whether it will remain, but my point remains even if 2K14 PC doesn't eventuate - if 2KSports can do it, EASports can too. They simply choose not to, but if you look at EA as a company and their track record on PC, like the Sim City debacle recently, perhaps they're better off sticking to what they know anyway.

The real shame is the NFL not acknowledging the untapped market, particularly internationally, by letting it slide.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Source? I haven't been able to find anything on this. I know 2K14 has only been confirmed on PS3 and 360, but as the PC version isn't released the same time as those anyway, I don't think that necessarily means it isn't on PC.

It seems 2K haven't actually even released a press release about 2K14's platforms and release date yet. The one for 2K13 came out late May 2012. The news about its release date is sourced from Amazon posting pre-orders for the PS3 and 360 versions. Besides not having a 2K14 PC pre-order available, they also haven't posted pre-orders for other platforms like Wii and PSP etc, and it seems unlikely PC, Wii and PSP are all missing out.

EDIT: Actually scrap that, they do have a PC pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/Nba-2K14-Linux...=operasport-20

Which doesn't prove anything, but unless I'm missing something, 2KSports have most certainly *not* announced it isn't on PC.
So looks like I owe this thread an apology, I could have sworn I saw an article about it not being on PC but after searching around for it with no luck safe to assume I'm just an idiot lol
Old 05-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Boycotting a game just because it's not on a particular system is pretty stupid IMO. I remember when I chose the PS2 over the XBOX because of exclusive games such as GTA, Final Fantasy, since personally I always thought Halo to be an overrated experience.

I never get games for the PC mainly because the control with the keyboard is crap compared to the console controller.I'm sure some games are better than others with controls, but to each their own I guess.

Personally, I thought most people should have stuck with Madden 12 and not bought 13 since it didn't change for the better IMO.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
Boycotting a game just because it's not on a particular system is pretty stupid IMO. I remember when I chose the PS2 over the XBOX because of exclusive games such as GTA, Final Fantasy, since personally I always thought Halo to be an overrated experience.

I never get games for the PC mainly because the control with the keyboard is crap compared to the console controller.I'm sure some games are better than others with controls, but to each their own I guess.

Personally, I thought most people should have stuck with Madden 12 and not bought 13 since it didn't change for the better IMO.
Not to pick nits, but you can totally use a PS3 / 360 controller with PC games. The PS3 controller takes some rigging but the 360 controller tends to work just fine out of the box.

That said, not releasing Madden on the surging PC market just screams "control issues".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #32
Banned

EA not making Madden for the PC for the same reason they Not making it for the Wii U,...they can not get the cost back and make money, With a company as BIG as EA,..We all know they have done steadies to see if it's worth the money..And it must not be or EA would be making it for the PC, just because EA has money dont mean they can just throw a game on the PC to make ppl happy, they did not get to be one of the Biggest companies by making dumb mistake, if so they would not stay one of the Biggest companies, Heck they laying off staff now,...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »