Home

Breaking Down Sliders... How They Really Work

This is a discussion on Breaking Down Sliders... How They Really Work within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: Breaking Down Sliders... How They Really Work

Played 3 quarters of game using these, on "fast" speed. I really like how that speed is, slow just makes me feel like the players are in quicksand.

It was solid. Steelers vs. Bills. Marshawn had like a 70 yard run when he broke free of a 3-man tackle...I hate to see stuff like that, especially when the tacklers are two LBs. But, other than that, really good. I can get pressure with my 3-4 OLBs consistently.

Passing game was pretty good, I was like 10-17 and Edwards was similar. I lowered RB broken tackles for both CPU and human because the running game just saw too many broken tackles - there was at least 1 pr play.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:10 PM   #74
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

where are the sliders ? i didn`t see a set on the first post.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #75
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Ok so I want some sliders that boosts the cpu run game, and makes it harder for Player on offense. Can anyone help. I have tweaked and it is just too easy it seems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 22

bill2451 (the OP) ..i rarely check the slider forums because i found that making my own set of sliders is always best for my personal taste but after doing my own research on slider experiements over last weekend for a nice handful of hours..i must say what you have to say is pretty much what i felt while testing out the sliders in just about all ways possible.

I also noticed that before a game in the franchise mode that tweaking the Coaches gameplan sliders also has a decent effect on certain things during actual gameplay..guys, keep that in mind, mess with the coaches gameplan sliders in your franchise menu too!

Anyways, i just wanted to reply back and say that you were pretty spot on..not because of just what you had to say..but because i also pretty much experienced exactly what you have with slider experimentation...so that just tells me it must be "true" in what you have noticed and explained here..its much appreciated too because i thought maybe it was me but its not.

I would like to say that one thing alot of these nitpickers are not realizing is how flexible this game REALLY IS with sliders..M10 can be a night and day difference in terms of gameplay logic if you just get down and dirty with slider tweaking..i can see the slider guru guys having a blast with the nice sliders in madden this year in the coming weeks and months. Like i said, i dont go with other people's sliders because i always fine them off to my own liking..i find using my own sliders being the best suited for me but i do hope the slider guru's come up with some rock'n slider sets for the guys that look forward to the sliders shared in here

Last edited by Moegames; 08-19-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #77
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
That's not an issue...I'll just use his sliders, and use my running sliders. I haven't had any issues with the CPU running against me. So far every back has averaged at least 4.0 ypc on my Eagles D in franchise.
What are your sliders for the cpu rushing. I am not getting any competition from cpu running game.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:34 AM   #78
Banned

bill2451's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
where are the sliders ? i didn`t see a set on the first post.
no sliders at the moment, they are on the way in the next couple days... this thread is intended to be informative and explain to people what exactly is happening when you adjust the sliders... with that knowledge in hand, creating the most realistic slider set possible should be easier

on the 5th page I did throw some slider numbers out there, but I never tested them and came up with them in 2 minutes while at work simply as an experiment... I havent played them which means I never tweaked them to be competitive or anything, I was just seeing if my theories would create more realistic blocking and db/wr interactions, and everyone whos tried them says it has

so no real sliders right now, but they will be coming
Old 08-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #79
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Check out my thread for some base sliders using Bill's theory.

Link
Old 08-20-2009, 12:42 AM   #80
Banned

bill2451's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Check out my thread for some base sliders using Bill's theory.

Link
wonderful!

without even playing them (or my base ones for that matter lol), I can already tell they are exactly in the direction I was headed... seems like you really got my idea and have figured it out

awesome awesome awesome

I still see some things that can prolly be improved on (but since i havent actually tried them ill let people play them), but that really is damn close to what i'm envisioning

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »