Home

SLIDERS FOR ALL-MADDEN "BEGINNERS"

This is a discussion on SLIDERS FOR ALL-MADDEN "BEGINNERS" within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #97
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: SLIDERS FOR ALL-MADDEN "BEGINNERS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Broken tackles aren't recorded properly....I'll upload a McFadden run I had and he got rcredited with 0. He broke about 5 on the play.
I count them myself. I don't worry about what the game actually says. I do know what you're saying with that. I think 10 had it right where it recorded every broken tackle, now 11 doesn't record them at all.

..and here's my second game in the Vikings second season against the Bears.

Minnesota (me) and Chicago
Final Score: 31-28 (kicked field goal with 1 second left in the 4th)

Cutler: 17/28, 294 yards, 2 TDs/1 INT
Luck: 8/24, 224, 2 TDs/3 INTs

Forte: 19 Att, 95 yards, 2 TDs
Peterson: 19 Att, 146 yards, 2 TDs

Knox: 3 catches, 82 yards, TD
Harvin: 3 catches, 101 yards, TD

Sensabaugh: 5 ST
Henderson: 6 ST, 2 TFL

Peppers, 1 sack. Guion, 1 Sack.

Big plays seem to be coming from play action and trick plays. Peterson broke a 71 yard run, but it was a fake-reverse where Chicago had the line stacked and we were in a double tight end set. More or less, it was perfect blocking by my offensive line. For once, they didn't let the entire team through

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by bigbob; 02-12-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to post a score
Old 02-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #98
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Minnesota at Kansas City
Final Score: 17-13 KC

Jamal Charles broke 14 tackles, half of them tackles behind the line a scrimmage, 2 on a reception.

Cassel: 10/22, 234 yards, 2 TDs/0 INT
Luck: 11/24, 212 yards, TD/0 INT

Charles: 19 att, 80 yards
Peterson: 13 att, 65 yards

Moeaki: 2 catches, 96 yards
Green: 3 catches, 110 yards, TD

Johnson: 6 ST, 1 Sack
Greenway: 5 ST, 1 Ast

Currently, we have 2 sacks through 3 games. We get pressure, but the quarterbacks throws the ball every time we hit him.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #99
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjames
honestly , i don't really worry much about the broken tackles stat as long as get realistic overall stats. i played 3 season as vikes. petersond AVD'd between 1500-1600 yards and allwas had around 5.0/carry. mendenhall had a little over 1300 yards and 4.5/carry. i should be finished with my second steelers season in couple of days. i'll post stats
Yea I really don't either. If I did I would probably average around 250yds
a game rushing.. As long as your getting the right amount of yards rushing per game or season with a respectable average the sliders are working right in my opinion.

Some people gotta realize you are suppose to have a few games out the season where your not suppose to get nothing on the ground. All the top backs had a few bad games rushing this year. You can't expect to get a bunch of yards rushing every game. Your suppose to have some bad games..
Old 02-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #100
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yea I really don't either. If I did I would probably average around 250yds
a game rushing.. As long as your getting the right amount of yards rushing per game or season with a respectable average the sliders are working right in my opinion.

Some people gotta realize you are suppose to have a few games out the season where your not suppose to get nothing on the ground. All the top backs had a few bad games rushing this year. You can't expect to get a bunch of yards rushing every game. Your suppose to have some bad games..
My problem is I've got Jahvid Best throwing my defensive tackle and Adrian Peterson can't break an arm tackle from a cornerback. I have Nate Burleson breaking an average of 2 tackles a kick return on me and Harvin can't make a single move to get past the first tackler.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #101
MVP

bigbob's Arena

More game stats..

I lowered "Broken Tackles" to 20 and there is still way too many. Stafford had two on one run, Jahvid Best broke every tackle Pat Williams and Kevin Williams put on him, including one stiff arm that Best threw Williams about 4 yards. Burleson averaged 2 per kickoff as stated above.

Detroit at Minnesota
Final: 42-37 Vikes

Stafford: 16/28, 286 yards, 2/1
Luck: 9/24, 338 yards, 4/1

Best: 20 att, 57 yards, TD
Peterson: 22 att, 67 yards (was tackled behind the line on 13 carries, 0 broken tackles)

Best: 6 rec, 101 yards, 2 TDs
Green: 4 rec, 186 yards, 3 TDs

Spievey: 5 ST
Greenway: 5 ST, 1 Sack

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
My problem is I've got Jahvid Best throwing my defensive tackle and Adrian Peterson can't break an arm tackle from a cornerback. I have Nate Burleson breaking an average of 2 tackles a kick return on me and Harvin can't make a single move to get past the first tackler.
I mean it is a game and that happens sometimes. I haven't experienced no weak backs throwing some of my stronger players to the ground like that though. If you really want to break a bunch of tackles like that you might wanna drop the CPUs tackling down to 25 and make it even with your break tackles since that is a big deal for you. But I see you already average alot of yards rushing per game now so with you doing that your going to be rushing for at least 50-60 yards more per game. But if thats good for you make those changes..

I definitely don't have any trouble with the Kick returning. First man or second man usually gets the tackle on CPU. CPU has alot of trouble returning kickoffs back so I personally would love to see that some more from them. I can't understand why your having trouble returning Kickreturns on default all-madden. I had to jack the CPUs rush reaction up to 100 just so I don't return 15plus Kickreturns a year..
Old 02-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #103
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I mean it is a game and that happens sometimes. I haven't experienced no weak backs throwing some of my stronger players to the ground like that though. If you really want to break a bunch of tackles like that you might wanna drop the CPUs tackling down to 25 and make it even with your break tackles since that is a big deal for you. But I see you already average alot of yards rushing per game now so with you doing that your going to be rushing for at least 50-60 yards more per game. But if thats good for you make those changes..
If you actually read anything I've said, the only reason I have 100+ yards in the first 2 games was because I had 1 run of 70 yards in each of them. I started the first game with 10 rushes for 7 yards, and the 7 yards came on 1 carry. I've got 2 lineman on Peterson as soon as he touches the ball on every run play.

Quote:
I definitely don't have any trouble with the Kick returning. First man or second man usually gets the tackle on CPU. CPU has alot of trouble returning kickoffs back so I personally would love to see that some more from them. I can't understand why your having trouble returning Kickreturns on default all-madden. I had to jack the CPUs rush reaction up to 100 just so I don't return 15plus Kickreturns a year..
Because my blockers don't block. I have 5 people running free at my returner every single time. Even on punts, I'll have 4 guys around me and one guy will run right through not touched.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
If you actually read anything I've said, the only reason I have 100+ yards in the first 2 games was because I had 1 run of 70 yards in each of them. I started the first game with 10 rushes for 7 yards, and the 7 yards came on 1 carry. I've got 2 lineman on Peterson as soon as he touches the ball on every run play.

Because my blockers don't block. I have 5 people running free at my returner every single time. Even on punts, I'll have 4 guys around me and one guy will run right through not touched.
Yea I read that you said that.. Well like I said. Drop the CPUs tackling down to 25 and there blockshedding. Make it even with your break tackles and runblocking. If it gets to easy right there. Raise the CPUs rush reaction up. I would say to 100 but some people don't like playing with it right there.

I personally like it like that because it slows down the fast backs from getting to the outside and cuts down on the USER getting a bunch of kickreturns. 100-25-25 I think would be a good spot for you playing on default all-madden and would keep the game realistic. Start with 75-25-25 and keep raising the rush reaction if you feel like its too easy like that and find you a good spot inbetween that.. You should definitely get more break tackles and better runblocking from your line with the CPUs tackling and blockshedding the same as the USERs runblocking and breaktackles. But like I said reaction would definitely have to get bumped up to keep it balanced..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 02-12-2011 at 06:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »