Home

GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-27-2014, 01:21 AM   #6361
MVP

GJD23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GJD23 & WTBB's Madden 25 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennay_kekua
Hey guys, im a long time follower of this thread. i really love the work everyone has put into these sliders, and sharing results. ive been trying to reduce the number of sacks my team gets, and after countless games played and studying how and why sacks occur i think i may have discovered a workaround to reducing sacks. and so far, my solution has seemed to drop sacks per game in half. this is going to be a kind of long post.

First of all, i play on 360. my play style is using a slightly modified version of the OP sliders. i never play as a defensive lineman. only as a LB or DB. if you play as a lineman, i cant promise you will see a reduction in sacks using my method. your ccm will also need to be set to allow for all player types (coach, player, owner). it doesnt matter what you are (be a coach or owner, it will work).

after spending a ridiculous amount of time tweeking sliders, ive come to the conclusion that no combination is going to reduce sacks. however, in my testing i started to notice a trend. the majority of my sacks were happening on the same play over and over. the offensive play curl flats, and anything that resembles a curl flats combo of routes. out of any formation. nearly every time curl flats was ran by the cpu, it resulted in the qb taking a coverage sack. it seems that as over powered as curl flats and comebacks are for humans, theyre nearly useless for the cpu. so here's what ive done to work around this problem.

ive made a custom playbook for every team. then, i edit the playbook in 2 areas. gameplan and audibles. i remove every instance of curls flat from those 2 areas. i also remove any play where the majority of receivers are running comebacks. this leaves the playbook devoid of what i am thinking is a glitched route.

now, i enter my franchise. i turn on a second controller. i will need this in order to assign the custom playbook i made to the team i am playing against. however, madden 25 doesnt allow you to assign custom playbooks to anyone except player number 1. so in order to work around this, i start a new career within my ccm. only i select to start a career as a player. i then select an active player of the team i am facing. i choose a scrub deep on the depth chart who wont ever see the field.

i can now enter the matchup screen, assign controller 1 to the team i am playing against and go to advance settings, and change the playbook to the custom version i created without curl flats. i put controller 2 on my team, and start the game. you will be playing the game as second player, but it doesnt matter. and first player will never see the field so long as you selected a benchwarmer.

after the game, you can either retire the player you selected for that game, or toggle auto pilot on and leave the career running in the background. im not sure which is the better choice.

this method has been working amazingly well for me so far, i just wanted to share with everyone on here. i should point out that reducing sacks in this way seems to have a couple of side effects. ive noticed more dropped passes by the cpu receivers and more wild errant throws by cpu qb. this is probably the game engines way of compensating for the reduction in sacks. at the moment, im testing wr catch as well a opi and dpi sliders and int grounding slider to see if i can eliminate the cpu qbs low completion percentage. but this might just be happening because im playing as the hawks

i currently have intentional grounding at 45, roughing the passer at 0, dpi at 99 and opi at 2

there you have it, please try this out and post any results.
Damn is all I can say ... lol... I mean, I pulled out all kinds of advanced statistics to get realism with these sliders, even down to minute things like time in pocket, time of routes, etc. Put HUM FUM low so the run game would actually be a challenge of the game. Holding onto the ball is now an actual used button on the controller lol.

This is crazy though. Never went into any kind of depth like this with Madden. Might try it out although I'm weary of the amount of time it'd take. I usually just like to fire up Madden and go from there. But great work regardless
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2014, 06:05 AM   #6362
MVP

JG80's Arena

Back-shoulder TD to Josh Gordon

Sent from Nawlins.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #6363
MVP

JG80's Arena

We had 4 downs in the red-zone to get a TD and the win, 2 of those down I got sacked, the other 2 incomplete passes. This moves us to 2-2.

We have the 28th offense and the 12th defense.

Sent from Nawlins.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #6364
MVP

nml11287's Arena

OVR: 1

Moving the Raiders back to LA for 2015

Oakland Raiders Depth Chart - 2014
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRMoore (84)Streater (81)Criner (69)
TEAusberry (74)Rivera (75)
LTVeldheer (91)Nix (68)
LGBarnes (85)Bergstrom (76)Mady (62)
CWisniewski (92)Condo (61)
RGAsamoah (96)Brisiel (81)
RTWatson (76)Robinson (74)
WRWatkins (81, R)Williams (74)Butler (75)
QBCassel (74)McGloin (70)Garoppolo (66, R)
FBReece (95)
HBJennings (78)Murray (66)Williams (63, R)
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDELewis (82)Edwards (83)
LDTHouston (88)Ferguson (75, R)
RDTMcGee (80)McDaniel (77)
RDEPhillips (87)Ealy (72, R)
WLBBorland (78, R)Burris (75)Maiava (74)
MLBMoore (77)Roach (77)
SLBBurnett (88)Attaochu (75, R)
CBArenas (82)Jennings (87)Chekwa (76)
SSBranch (88)Bell (77)
FSWoodson (85)Young (73)
CBHayden (77)Adams (76)Jones (71)
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KJanikowski (94)
PWagner (72, R)
HMcGloin (70)
PRJones (68)
KRJones (72)Williams (68)
LSCondo (61)
Old 03-27-2014, 06:46 AM   #6365
MVP

JG80's Arena

Does anybody know what's happened to WTBB?

Sent from Nawlins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2014, 06:52 AM   #6366
MVP

nml11287's Arena

OVR: 1

No clue, though I hope he's aright.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #6367
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Yeah, no word from him in a long while. He usually never disappears without letting us know and it's been about two weeks now. Hope the guys okay :\
Old 03-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #6368
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
No he's not lol. The only glitched players in Madden are Darren McFadden & CJ Spiller.

well if thats the case then mccoy doesnt like redheads cuz everytime i play him lol he runs for 200 yds

okay browns or jags i want to take a bad team and turn it around in owner mode some help with the 2 lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »