Home

Jay's Sliders - Final Release

This is a discussion on Jay's Sliders - Final Release within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2004, 08:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Jay's Sliders - Final Release

Jay's Realism Sliders for "Madden 2005" All-Madden Difficulty
All-Madden - 12 Minute Accelerated Quarters
Auto Avoid OFF - All Other Assists ON

All Sliders will be marked HUMAN/CPU with 1-20 being from the left start position to the right.

QB Accuracy - 14/7
Pass Blocking - 20/10
WR Catching - 12/8
RB Ability - 10/20
Run Blocking - 7/20

Awareness - 19/7
Knockdowns - 20/0 (YES ZERO)
Interceptions - 7/6
Break Block - 4/3
Tackling - 8/4

FG Length - 11/8
FG Accuracy - 2/0
Punt Length - 9/20
Punt Accuracy - 20/20
Kickoff Length - 11/12

TIPS FOR MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS:

These sliders should be considered for ADVANCED players. If you are not at least an experienced Madden player, odds are these sliders will eat your lunch.

For best substitutions I am using SUB OUT/IN % at 83%-90%.

If you are a great player and you are finding it too easy to either run or stop the run, only touch the break block slider, and only by one point at a time. Nothing else will help, it will only destroy the blocking. Either way, I don't see a need to change anything to do with the running sliders. If you're that good, you shouldn't need my sliders.

These are marked as a final release, but obviously feel welcome to change sliders on your own end. Sliders might have to be different for everyone, I feel these will provide the absolute best base for Madden 2005. I'll post the stats from my last testing game for you in the next post.

THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO ENJOY YOURSELF!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Jay's Sliders - Final Release

Seahawks (CPU) 38 - Patriots (1P) 31

Seattle:

Hasselbeck 20-37 311 yds 3 TD 2 INT 2 SACK

Alexander 21-157 2 TD 1 FMB 7.4 AVG - Included a 54 yard TD where he absolutely broke Ty Law.

Jackson 6-69 2TD
Robinson 5-118
Stevens 5-61 1 TD
Engram 3-56
Strong 1-7

------------

New England:

Brady 24-40 204 yds 3 TD 1 INT 3 SACK

Dillon 23-97 4.2 AVG
Faulk 4-7
Brady 1-1

Branch 11-60 2 TD
Fauria 3-28
Givens 2-24
Pass 2-10
Faulk 2-26
Patten 1-12
Johnson 1-20
Brown 1-5
Dillon 1-19 1 TD

-----------------------------------

Was a truly great game, Brady and Hasselbeck had what I considered their usual numbers and it was insane because of the torrential downpour the game was played in. I expect Brady to spread the ball around and he did, whereas Hasselbeck has more defined targets.

The long run Alexander had was to win the game, he spun out of a tackle at the line, the tight end got a seal block on Bruschi freeing him to the outside, and the stiff arm he put on Law to get to daylight was the stuff of legend.

Other than that, everything seemed HUGELY realistic. Dillon ran hard, breaking and highstepping some tackles at the line - it just feels real now. Even if it needs a few minor tweaks, its definitely good enough to say that All-Madden is no doubt where it's at.

If you have any comments on the sliders, please wait till you play at least 3 games. Statistics are fine, but please allow 3 games before commenting for changing the sliders. The exceptional performance is still very much out there with these sliders so if one game is a little crazy, don't consider it bad.

Good luck to everyone and lets see how it goes.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjackson

All Sliders will be marked HUMAN/CPU with 1-20 being from the left start position to the right.

QB Accuracy - 14/7
Pass Blocking - 20/10
WR Catching - 12/8
RB Ability - 10/20
Run Blocking - 7/20

Awareness - 19/7
Interceptions - 7/6
Break Block - 4/3
Tackling - 8/4

FG Length - 11/8
FG Accuracy - 2/0
Punt Length - 9/20
Punt Accuracy - 20/20
Kickoff Length - 11/12

TIPS FOR MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS:

These sliders should be considered for ADVANCED players. If you are not at least an experienced Madden player, odds are these sliders will eat your lunch.

For best substitutions I am using SUB OUT/IN % at 83%-90%.

If you are a great player and you are finding it too easy to either run or stop the run, only touch the break block slider, and only by one point at a time. Nothing else will help, it will only destroy the blocking. Either way, I don't see a need to change anything to do with the running sliders. If you're that good, you shouldn't need my sliders.

These are marked as a final release, but obviously feel welcome to change sliders on your own end. Sliders might have to be different for everyone, I feel these will provide the absolute best base for Madden 2005. I'll post the stats from my last testing game for you in the next post.

THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO ENJOY YOURSELF!
Looks pretty decent Jay....one question. How are your stats lining up. Is the CPU even attempting to run? I'm pretty close on a set of sliders, but I'm always trying to find the most realistic. I ask about CPU running because with Human AWR so high, that's one of the key cogs in shutting down the CPU run game despite maxing out their running sliders.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:26 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ONe
Looks pretty decent Jay....one question. How are your stats lining up. Is the CPU even attempting to run? I'm pretty close on a set of sliders, but I'm always trying to find the most realistic. I ask about CPU running because with Human AWR so high, that's one of the key cogs in shutting down the CPU run game despite maxing out their running sliders.

Nevermind this post. He was posting stats as I was posting this.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:27 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Awareness has absolutely nothing to do with the running game. Nothing.

It's strictly for pass coverage. The main thing is having break block/run blocking/tackling all jive and work well together. You could honestly play the game with the awareness on 0 and it wouldn't affect the CPU Run one bit. You'd get murdered in the air so they wouldn't get to run that much, but they'd still run.

Edit: I take it back, awareness does have a *tiny* bit more to do with the running game than I let on, but it's mostly on how the CPU defends YOUR run. It has "very little" instead of "nothing" to do with the CPU running the ball.

Last edited by jayjackson; 09-13-2004 at 08:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2004, 08:29 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Nevermind this post. He was posting stats as I was posting this.
So you see that the running does indeed work for the CPU.

Honestly - you will see games where you will shut down the run (2.5/3yd average) and games where the cpu back will put up the nice 125-150 yard performance. I find that it seems to balance out around the generally wanted 4 yards per carry and that's what I'd hoped for.

I honestly imagine we'll see people coming back asking how the hell I can win or even compete with the running set like this. If you don't play good run defense you get eaten alive.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:47 PM   #7
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjackson

QB Accuracy - 14/7
Pass Blocking - 20/10
WR Catching - 12/8
RB Ability - 10/20
Run Blocking - 7/20

Awareness - 19/7
Interceptions - 7/6
Break Block - 4/3
Tackling - 8/4

FG Length - 11/8
FG Accuracy - 2/0
Punt Length - 9/20
Punt Accuracy - 20/20
Kickoff Length - 11/12

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one still trying to see if i can get all-madden difficulty level to "work". I'm going to give your sliders a shot in a bit here, but a few comments before i do that.

First, glancing at them, they're very similar to what i think the sliders should be. I totally agree with you about the knockdown thing. Not only does it help with the nba-esque jumping, in general i think madden has way too many pass deflected. But in my opinion, this is how EA makes up for the fact that the cpu doesn't overthrow or underthrow the ball at all! But that's another discussion for a different thread.

Anyway, thanks for sharing 'em. Keep up the tweaking.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:54 PM   #8
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8

i read somewhere if you use the left joystick when throwing this leads the receiver, also leading to overthrows. i dont if this is true or not anybody try this? btw Jay thank you for your sliders and all your hard work, it is greatly appreciated...............sjj2xs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »