Home

Pitbull's All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Pitbull's All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2004, 08:58 PM   #9
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pitbull's All-Madden Sliders

Alright listen. Firstly I never meant to offend you and if I did then I'm sorry ok. I fully intended to test your sliders for 3 or 4 games but there really didn't seem any point. I 'm sure your sliders are good, but for me they were bad. I'm quite happy to admit that it might be because I'm not good enough to appreciate them. I am entitled to an opinion though.

I only named you in this thread because you basically told me if I didn't like it I should make one of my own. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said they were popular. The idea was that you have yours which most people really like, but I'd like to see if I can make ones that suit me. It was never a case of "I know it all, I'll make much better sliders than you".

I think you've just taken me the wrong way and I've pushed your buttons without meaning to. I can see how you could have taken it like that though. My opinion of the sliders is just what I've experienced. I don't think I know it all, at all. Remember that the whole point of me doing this was that I'm probably not good enough at the game for your sliders. That's hardly an arrogant thing to say.

At no point has my tone ever been aggresive towards you, in fact I think I've been very restrained. Even when you did the pretty tacky act of trying to incite people to come on here and slag me off. There is really not a lot of point getting upset with someone who isn't trying to upset you. Sometimes it helps to have a bit of tolerance of others.

It would be great if I found your sliders to be the best I'd ever used. As a peace offering I am quite prepared to play 4 games with your sliders and let you know if things are any different, just out of respect for the hard work you've put in. I wish I'd done that in the first place now.

There is no harm in me trying out my own ideas. If they're crap then no harm done, if they're good then everyone benefits. At the very least some new piece of info might get brought to light. Anyway I'll carry on with this and if you want to give some advice or criticism then great, feel free. the more viewpoints the better as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:06 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull
Alright listen. Firstly I never meant to offend you and if I did then I'm sorry ok. I fully intended to test your sliders for 3 or 4 games but there really didn't seem any point. I 'm sure your sliders are good, but for me they were bad. I'm quite happy to admit that it might be because I'm not good enough to appreciate them. I am entitled to an opinion though.

I only named you in this thread because you basically told me if I didn't like it I should make one of my own. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said they were popular. The idea was that you have yours which most people really like, but I'd like to see if I can make ones that suit me. It was never a case of "I know it all, I'll make much better sliders than you".

I think you've just taken me the wrong way and I've pushed your buttons without meaning to. I can see how you could have taken it like that though. My opinion of the sliders is just what I've experienced. I don't think I know it all, at all. Remember that the whole point of me doing this was that I'm probably not good enough at the game for your sliders. That's hardly an arrogant thing to say.

At no point has my tone ever been aggresive towards you, in fact I think I've been very restrained. Even when you did the pretty tacky act of trying to incite people to come on here and slag me off. There is really not a lot of point getting upset with someone who isn't trying to upset you. Sometimes it helps to have a bit of tolerance of others.

It would be great if I found your sliders to be the best I'd ever used. As a peace offering I am quite prepared to play 4 games with your sliders and let you know if things are any different, just out of respect for the hard work you've put in. I wish I'd done that in the first place now.

There is no harm in me trying out my own ideas. If they're crap then no harm done, if they're good then everyone benefits. At the very least some new piece of info might get brought to light. Anyway I'll carry on with this and if you want to give some advice or criticism then great, feel free. the more viewpoints the better as far as I'm concerned.
Ya see, this is all I wanted you to do man. Try the newest version with the CPU Pass Block at 9, and the CPU RB Ability at 17. Play it for 3 or 4 solid games. If you have anyone real slow, try to upgrade but I think you said your SS was an 86 so that'd be OK. Just give them an honest try, then if you are still having problems we can get to the root of them.

You just ticked me off because you didn't give them the honest try that I ask for. If you do it, great and no harm, no foul.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:09 PM   #11
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Icon14 Re: Pitbull's All-Madden Sliders

Okay, I definitely will play 4 games over the next few days and give my honest opinion. I hope I was wrong and I love them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2004, 01:10 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I posted in Jay's thread. For the record, I'm a slider tester. I just give feedback. I played a game with your set and this is what I noticed. Steelers (me) vs Raiders. The run game was somewhat non-existent. Turns out when I went to check the settings I had CPU offense at Default, so this may not come out right. Anyway, I noticed the reason why your pass game was rough. The CPU AWR is actually a tad beefed. The WRs didn't get separation from the DBs at all. Which is actually realistic because if the ball isn't released when it's supposed to be gone, they catch up. Every corner is beat for the first few seconds of any route, so I found this to be realistic. Recovery speed is an unbelievable attribute and Woodson and Buchanon have great recovery speed. I ended up 10/29 in the air for 111. The final was Oakland 23 - Pitt 9. They scored off 4 turnovers (1 on downs) and without those scores it's Oakland 6 - Pitt 9. I noticed that I got the CPU to fumble without using the hit stick which I thought was a great thing. It was just a solid tackle. Running though as I said was tough to come by. With CPU O at 10 they couldn't develop a ground game (could be because blocking was so low compared to your setting). Human RB Block was something that I noticed to be low as well. Combined, each team ran for 80 some yards. it was like a 2.something avg. Gannon ate me up, but like I stated before it was default. However, the deep ball wasn't involved. Which I found satisfying. Each team tried to sustain drives. I had a few 15 play drives that stalled out or I just couldn't get them into the paint. I even had one TD called back because of clipping. I'll give you another game sometime this weekend, and I'll change the CPU settings on Offense, but I just couldn't get a good feel for the ground game on my behalf. Yardage wise. I ended up with like 156 total offense and the Raiders ended up with like 276 or so. So I wasn't blownout. 4 extra possesions will give you a discrepancy in yardage. I'll get back to you on tihs later. So far I liked the defensive feel of the game. And I prefer defensive games. Kendrell Bell led all tacklers with 9. I did have 5 sacks though which in my opinion is a tad too high. Wheatley ran 21 times for 52 yards.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:12 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ok played another test game

Redskins vs Falcons

I figured that this game should be somewhat close. But I ended up winning 24-0. Once I post the stats, you should know who I was controlling.

Stats
Total Offense: WAS 273 - ATL 177
Rushing Yards: WAS 138 - ATL 60
Passing Yards: WAS 135 - ATL 117
1st Downs: WAS 17 - ATL 8
T.O.P.: WAS 31:57 - ATL 16:03

Portis had 110 yards, but it took him 41 carries. Vick threw 34 times and only completed 12 (and was sacked 6 times). ATL completely didn't run the football and that was disappointing. The human run game got 138 on 52 carries 2.6 avg. I also didn't like the disparity in plays from scrimmage ran. WAS 79 - ATL 44. The stats would've been better had they managed the game right. Also, Vick had many passes called incomplete because he'd wait forever to throw the ball. There was like 6 passes that weren't completed because he'd wait forever to throw. Other than that, CPU pass block must be upped. I really think that RB Ability for the CPU should be at least default because then they have confidence in running the ball. Dunn avg. 5.5/carry and they were only down 10-0 heading into the 4th quarter. And he hadn't ran in almost a whole quarter. They ran 19 plays by the half.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:25 PM   #14
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Thanks for the imput GR8ONe, I did a bit more testing and took on board a couple of things that you and Jay said.

After changing the sliders a few times I was getting decent QB stats but there were too many ATT and therefore yards so I dropped the clock to 11 minutes and changed some of the other sliders to promote the running game. You were right that it wasn't good. I boosted the human RBA and Blocking and also the Cpu QB accuracy and made a slight increase in their RB ability. (I still believe that the computer cannot differentiate between players, and whoever is carrying the ball is thought of as a RB. Therefore I didn't put this up too high as I didn't want WR's sprinting the length of the field.)

Defensively I changed a couple of things also. I thought the CPU awareness was having too much of a negative effect on the passing game so I dropped it. Also after a few different tests I think that the knockdowns slider could well apply to every member of the defence, not just linemen as many people think. It definitely seemed to effect the DB's and LB's abilities. I also dropped the human break blocking slightly and the CPU's by a lot to avoid excess pressure and sacks. Other than that, I dropped the tackling a bit and Human punt length by 1.

After tinkering with the sliders and reading your first post I played another game with the new sliders. They, and stats are as follows.

Quarter Length........11 minutes Acc clock
Skill Level...............All-Madden
Coach mode............Off
Injuries...................On
Pre Injuries..............On
Fatigue...................On
Madden Challenge.....Off
Weather..................On

Player Lock..............Off
Auto Subs...............On
Sub Out..................77
Sub In....................83
Passing..................Quick
Auto Avoid..............Off
Auto Strafe.............On
Off Catch Assist.......On
Def Catch Assist.......On

All Penalties Maxed out (for what it's worth)

Slider.......................Human................ CPU
QB Accuracy.............19......................8
Pass Blocking............20......................11
WR Catching.............14......................9
RB Ability..................12......................1 0
Run Blocking.............15.......................20

Awareness...............20......................5
Knockdowns..............7.......................5
INT.........................9..................... ..6
Break Blocking...........8.......................1
Tackling...................19..................... 16

FG Length.................11.....................8
FG Accuracy..............2......................0
Punt Length...............8.....................20
Punt Accuracy...........20....................20
Kick0ff Length............11....................12

........................Jets (me)................Redskins.........NFL Average per team
Score.................17.......................... 34...............20.83
Total Offense......353........................477....... ........318.3
Rushing Yards......56.........................143......... ......117.9
Passing Yards......297........................334......... ......200.4
Pass attempts.....38.........................33........ .........32.2
Rush attempts.....24.........................22........ .........28.3
Completion %......60.........................57.............. ...58.8
1st Downs..........19.........................14...... ...........18.3
3rd Down conv....36%.......................30%............. .38.35%
penalties............4...........................1 ...................6.6
penalty yards......26..........................5.......... .......54.7
possession..........24:29.....................19:2 0
Sacks.................0..........................3 ..................2.1
INT....................2.......................... 3..................1.05
Punts.................5..........................3 ...................4.98
Gross average.....46.6......................47.3........ .........41
Net Average.......44.2......................40.3...... .........34.8
Yards p/return.....0..........................4.3......... .........9.5

Scoring:.....Jets..........0....17....0....0
................Redskins...10...14....0...10

Main Performances:

Pennington..62.6, 321 yards, 1 td, 3 INT, 23/38, 60%, 3 sack, 30 long
Brunell........87.1, 334 yards, 2 td, 2 INT, 19/33, 57%. 0 sacks, 93 long

Martin......46 yards, 1 td, 21 att, 2.1 Avg, 0 fmbl, 0 Btk, 13 AFH, 10 long
Portis......131 yards, 2 td, 18 att, 7.2 Avg, 0 fmbl, 6 Btk, 107 AFH, 78 long

Chrebert......5 rec, 99 yards, 19.8 AVg, 0 td, 30 Yac, 0 drops, 30 long
Moss...........4 rec, 38 yards, 9.5 Avg, 0 td, 8 Yac, 0 drops, 16 long
McCareins....4 rec, 45 yards, 11.2 Avg, 1 td, 9 Yac, 0 drops, 19 long
Gardner.......7 rec, 60 yards, 8.5 Avg, 0 td, 21 Yac, 4 drops, 21 long
Rasby..........4 rec, 56 yards, 14.0 Avg, 0 td, 14 Yac, 0 drops, 21 long
Portis..........3 rec, 97 yards, 32.3 Avg, 1 td, 79 Yac, 0 drop, 93 long

Pancake leaders were McKenzie 8, and Cartwright 5

Cowart.........9 tackles...1 TFL, 0 sacks, 0 INT
McGraw........3 tackles...0 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 INT
Springs.........7 tackles...1 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 INT
Arrington.......7 tackles..4 TFL, 1 sacks, 0 INT

Brien......1/1 FG, 29 long
Hall........2/3 FG, 52 long

Last edited by BritPitbull; 09-19-2004 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:51 PM   #15
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

In the last game there were good and bad points. I chose the two teams as they were rated fairly evenly. Jets Off 87 Def 86 OVR 86/Skins Off 90, Def 86, OVR 82.

It felt like a good even game throughout, even though I got beat quite badly in the end it never felt like one team was just scoring at will and ultimately it was mistakes that cost me. I threw 1 INT in the endzone and the other 2 were over ambitious passes at best.

Brunell's stats were inflated due to two large pass plays. One of 73 yards to Coles where I dived my CB by accident as the ball was thrown. He also had a 93 yard rec by Portis where I really blitzed for the safety and Portis was hit on the screen leaving only my safety to beat. I missed with the hitstick and he was gone. Also my starting corner Barrett was injured in the 1st quarter, out for the game.

Portis also had one long run of 78 yards but that was because I'd called an inappropriate defense and Portis blasted through the middle of it, he broke a couple of tackles and that was that. Even though I gave up 3 large plays, these were each down to silly mistakes and it never felt as if the CPU had simply decided to score now and there was nothing I could do about it.

A lot of the stats were pretty good, there were 120 offensive plays in total 65 Jets/55 skins. My passing game was fine without being ridiculously good and the CPU running game was okay. There was quite a lot of scoring which may be a concern, but when you make mistakes on defense and throw INT's for TD returns what do you expect? The human running game still needs work, and maybe the human team doesn't pressure the QB enough now.

Why don't you try these new settings and see what other comments you have whilst I try to think of some improvements.

Last edited by BritPitbull; 09-19-2004 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2004, 12:25 AM   #16
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Well I just tinkered with the sliders again slightly and had probably the best game I've ever had playing Madden. It's only one game so I'm not going to get carried away that the sliders are good but still it was a good one.

On my first possession Schifino receives the ball from the kickoff and gets walloped by Brooks forcing a fumble.which is recovered and taken 9 yards by Quarles for a TD. This was the only score of the first quarter with both teams putting decent drives together only for them to peeter out in the end.

I draw level with an 11 yard TD pass to Calico in the 2nd, but the Buccs hit back with a 6 yard pass to Jurevicius. I end the half with another good drive and a field goal.

3rd quarter was very tight again but Garner finished off a Buccs drive with a 1 yard run.

4th quarter and I'm still chasing the game. I get inside the 10 yard line and hit Calico in the endzone only for it to be ruled out of bounds. I then fail on 4th and 2. I get another chance after a Buccs punt and have to settle for a 53 yard FG from Nedney. The attempted onside kick fails but yet again the Buccs punt after running the clock down to just over a minute. One last final push and a great drive gets me in range and McNair hits Brown with a 5 yard TD pass. It's now 21-19 and a two point conversion ties it up with 46 seconds left. A good kick return from Bennett and the Buccs are starting from their 40 yard line. A couple more plays and they're in range. A last second 31 yard FG from Gramatica seals the Buccs win and means a great comeback was all for nothing. Good game though, it seemed to fly by and the stats were good too and are posted below.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »