Home

The OS all madden slider project

This is a discussion on The OS all madden slider project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2004, 10:27 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: The OS all madden slider project

I have been playing around with ALL the all-madden sliders. But on all-madden you really need to committ to stopping the pass. That's doubling their best receiver or having your #2 CB get help from a safety. A cover 2 is okay but only if you have decent DBs. I have Champ Bailey and he shuts down most people. I just played a Broncos/Riader game and Champ had a tough time with Rice mostly because Rice was so good at getting open. Most games I just leave Bailey out on an island and he does fine. So as you can tell I'm a little suprised how well Madden does this year replicating the NFL. Plus I'm finding the CPU QBs will stay away from your top CBs. I really like that part of Madden. Its not perfect and its not going to be that way with any slider combination.

To add a note, one thing I like about these sliders is that you have choices to make with Player's abilities and how you call a game. Carolina has a DL with mostly 80-90 players. They shut down the Broncos running game. Agains the Raiders I couldn't pass but I could run. Bailey will shut down speed WRs and WRs with great hands. WRs with great awareness are the best as they run really sharp routes. Lastly I am beggining to see a difference between a LB like Al Wilson and a Donnie Spragan or DJ Williams. Wilson and Lynch seem to get in on a lot of plays. I would like to see the Safeties become more active in stopping the run but its not that big of a deal.

So its really comes down to choices. If you are playing on all-madden with sliders similar to these you have to make choices. And sometimes calling a good game isn't going to help because you just don't have the personal to do a damn thing.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:52 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I have been playing around with ALL the all-madden sliders. But on all-madden you really need to committ to stopping the pass. That's doubling their best receiver or having your #2 CB get help from a safety. A cover 2 is okay but only if you have decent DBs. I have Champ Bailey and he shuts down most people. I just played a Broncos/Riader game and Champ had a tough time with Rice mostly because Rice was so good at getting open. Most games I just leave Bailey out on an island and he does fine. So as you can tell I'm a little suprised how well Madden does this year replicating the NFL. Plus I'm finding the CPU QBs will stay away from your top CBs. I really like that part of Madden. Its not perfect and its not going to be that way with any slider combination.

To add a note, one thing I like about these sliders is that you have choices to make with Player's abilities and how you call a game. Carolina has a DL with mostly 80-90 players. They shut down the Broncos running game. Agains the Raiders I couldn't pass but I could run. Bailey will shut down speed WRs and WRs with great hands. WRs with great awareness are the best as they run really sharp routes. Lastly I am beggining to see a difference between a LB like Al Wilson and a Donnie Spragan or DJ Williams. Wilson and Lynch seem to get in on a lot of plays. I would like to see the Safeties become more active in stopping the run but its not that big of a deal.

So its really comes down to choices. If you are playing on all-madden with sliders similar to these you have to make choices. And sometimes calling a good game isn't going to help because you just don't have the personal to do a damn thing.
Great post, sliders work out better in a franchise because you really can focus on your team and your teams strengths/ weaknesses. Every game you should have a different strategy. I was just providing a generic basis to get you on the right track.

An important factor in many games is how you gameplan to stop the opposing teams best player. Also compensating for the holes you may provide for the other players on the team. Its a delicate balance, and you have to have good personel.

The sliders are not yet done and I really would love some more feedback. Thanks a ton to everyone so far in helping in the madden experience.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:27 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Great post, sliders work out better in a franchise because you really can focus on your team and your teams strengths/ weaknesses. Every game you should have a different strategy. I was just providing a generic basis to get you on the right track.

An important factor in many games is how you gameplan to stop the opposing teams best player. Also compensating for the holes you may provide for the other players on the team. Its a delicate balance, and you have to have good personel.

The sliders are not yet done and I really would love some more feedback. Thanks a ton to everyone so far in helping in the madden experience.
One thing I would like to see is a little less power out of the CPU running game. Now I know that on default its a bit esay to stop. But in this game where Run Block slider really means "PUSH" you have to be careful. I'm seeing a lot of plays where the line will push 5 yards. That's great but I see it too often with these sliders against good run stopping teams. I think a perfect slider set is impossible to it might be on of those were you have to sacrifice realism or it looking real to it playing realisticly.

My only real suggestions is more "tuning" of the run sliders. Maybe I need to look at the Broncos ratings again, but I feel that with these sliders the CPU is a bit too strong on the ground. I should probably test with another team but I'm having such a blast in my franchise I want to keep going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2004, 01:36 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Wow, playing a crazy defensive game right now. Chiefs (me) vs Ravens. 10min quarters, these sliders. So far with about 4 min left in the third quarter. Ravens have the ball on their 34.

Chiefs, total offense 81 yards. 78 passing 3 rushing. Ravens, 111 total yards. 68 passing, 43 rushing. T.O.P. Chiefs 12:50, Ravnes, 12:27. Trent Green is 7/14, 78 yards for a rating of 67.6. Kyle Boller is 6/11, 78 yards, for a rating of 77.1.

I haven't been able to get Preist going at all. He has 3 yards on 15 carries for a .2ypc avg. Jamal isn't doing to terrible with 43 yards on 12 carries for a 3.3ypc avg.

I'll update with finals stats later when I get done with the game.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:32 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Wow, playing a crazy defensive game right now. Chiefs (me) vs Ravens. 10min quarters, these sliders. So far with about 4 min left in the third quarter. Ravens have the ball on their 34.

Chiefs, total offense 81 yards. 78 passing 3 rushing. Ravens, 111 total yards. 68 passing, 43 rushing. T.O.P. Chiefs 12:50, Ravnes, 12:27. Trent Green is 7/14, 78 yards for a rating of 67.6. Kyle Boller is 6/11, 78 yards, for a rating of 77.1.

I haven't been able to get Preist going at all. He has 3 yards on 15 carries for a .2ypc avg. Jamal isn't doing to terrible with 43 yards on 12 carries for a 3.3ypc avg.

I'll update with finals stats later when I get done with the game.
The other thing I would like to see is great CBs be able to stop their WRs. I feel players like McAllister and Bailey aren't as good as they should be. I turned down the QB accuracy for both and that has helped. But I'm really having a tough time stopping the pass. Zones seem automatic for the AI and man coverage leaves to many players on one-on-one covarage.

don't know if there's a fix for this.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:36 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 6

Ok guys try these.

Max out Knockdowns and INT for hum

Lower CPU tack 1.

Here are some considerations I am making.

-1 to CPU run
+1 to CPU ABL.

I have experimented with the first things, but not my considerations. I hope you guys can try them all and give me feed back. I played 3 games with the Knock and INT maxed and it felt pretty dang good. I gave up a few big plays because I would change players and accidently take them out of position when they were going to make a tackle.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:54 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

First off great info on the board here. I am new to this board and have been long looking for sliders to make the Madden a more realistic game. I tried your sliders and got some pretty good results.

I am playing the season with the bears and Grossman was out for four weeks leaving me with Quin. I felt the QB Acc was too high at 12 because I was completing a very high percentage of my passes. I lowered it to 9 and still have been over 60% for most of my games but I also run a short pass offense.

I played a three games with the rest of the sliders as you started them and here is what I noticed.
1. Almost no broken tackles for either team. I have T. Jones who has a 89 break tackle and I played against a few very good backs and they were getting 1-3 broken tackles a game. I lowered the tackles for both human and computer by three and played a few more games. Fred Taylor had 9 broken tackles and the game after a lesser back had like 6. T. Jones is still only getting 4-5 a game but that is still much better then zero. This also helped balanced out the rushing average. Before the change the computer and myself were averaging 2.8 yards a carry. With the change I am in the mid 3s against good defenses and 4+ against the weak defenses (Usually depends on if I can crack a 20 yard run much like real football.) The computer still has had some games right around 2.8 yards a carry but good backs have also had some big games averaging over 5 yards a carry.
2. I really like the passing for myself with lowering the pass acc to 9. The game has a good flow to it and screen passes and play action actually work now sometimes. The computer was still lighting up my guys and throwing 80% completion and able to throw deep a lot. I lowered the pass blocking down a few for the computer and this really helped solve the passing. The problem before was I would get almost no pressure and the QB would sit back and pick my zone apart or eventually I guy would get open in the man to man. I am still only getting a sack or two a game but I get pressure to the qb which makes him move around a bit and not hold the ball forever which allows zones to work.

I like that the computer actually tries to run the ball now and can do it effectively. Before I could sit in nickel and just focus on the pass completely. Now if I am in straight pass defense they kill me with the run as it should be.

Overall great work on the sliders. I did not change the WR catch to 10 yet. Not sure if that is going to be needed or not yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »