Home

The OS all madden slider project

This is a discussion on The OS all madden slider project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2004, 07:22 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The OS all madden slider project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Very good results so far, just the CPU Run game needs a SMALL tweak (maybe to RB Ability or Human Tackling).

Human offense is very tough, going to take some getting used to, but all of the reaction times seem to be good.

Lineplay goes by the ratings, so far, as well.
See, I'm having the opposite problem. The human offense is too easy, but my pass defense is also terrible. I don't think I can get sliders like I need. I need the CPU defense to be better, but if I crank it up a little bit, my QB stats go down the toilet.

I hate sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2004, 07:26 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 6

Guys, these are getting really really good. Here is my latest game.

I played the game with CPU run abl at 8.

Bucs 20 vs. Bears (me) 23

Grossman: 14-31 149 1td 1int 3sack
Johnson: 18-38 325 2td 3int 3 sack

T.Jones: 30-67 4 btk
Garner: 21-50 3btk

Terrell: 6-68
Dilger: 8-121
Galloway: 4-118

Urlacher: 10 tack, 1 sack, 1 int, 1 FF, 1 Fumble recov, 5 dfl, 1TD (WOW)

This game was awesome. Johnson should've had only about 245, I gave up a 93 yd TD PASS!!! Taught me a valuable lesson. I was running cover 3, which means the wide out to the right is essentially single covered. They ran PA on 3rd and 3, Joey Galloway was gone after Tillman bit so hard. I am fine with that big play because as you can tell simply stupid play calling. Other than that one play I called a really great offensive game.

Both running games were held in check, both teams have good run D's. CPU may need another bump but I am going to play a good HB against a bad run D and see what happens.

Each D line got great pressure all day, they were hitting the QB's at least once on every drive. Ogunleye is so sweeeet. He must have had about 7 QB hurries by himself, also 1 sack and a FF.

Keep testing and posting guys, we are getting a real good game experience.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:27 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock
See, I'm having the opposite problem. The human offense is too easy, but my pass defense is also terrible. I don't think I can get sliders like I need. I need the CPU defense to be better, but if I crank it up a little bit, my QB stats go down the toilet.

I hate sliders

I apologize for not being able to get your sliders. I hope you can find some but these don't sound like they are for you.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:43 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
I apologize for not being able to get your sliders. I hope you can find some but these don't sound like they are for you.

No, it's like with all the sliders I try. It's not specific to this set at all.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:32 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ok I just played a game with the updated sliders with 12 min acc clock on. I also changed the cpu run ability to 8 any way it was a great game me Giants vs CPU 49's. They scored 24 points on me in the 1st half and only 7 in the 2nd half. I scored 14 on both halfs. any way here are some stats...

PASSING
K.Warner 19-33 57% 187yds
T. Rattay 24-40 60% 381yds (I think the percentage is realistic but not the yards)

RUSHING
T.Barber 25/80yds
R.Dayne 4/22yds
K.Barlow 18/83yds (his longest run was only 15 so i thought the rush game for cpu was pretty realistic 4.6 ypc, also my team had 0 broken tackles and Barlow had 3)

RECEIVING
The cpu had 6 drop passes but every one of them was realistic. I only had 3 and they were all realistic.

DEFENSE
My MLB was the leader with 8 tacks, and I had 2 cb's with 6. I think the int's are realistic. As far as o-line d-line goes I had 0 sacks the cpu had 2. (Michael Strahan (98 ovl) didnt even get close to getting a sack once, he was going up against Scott Gragg (86 ovl) so i wont name any numbers but i think something should be done about pass blocking for the cpu, imo it is just too good, the cpu has all day to throw)

I will test another game and get back to u... Oh yeah 1 more thing the only passes I was really able to complete were curl routes and the occasional drag route. ok im done now...lol
Old 10-03-2004, 12:01 AM   #30
MVP

Thanks for the stats... whats weird is i love how the pass blocking is. I am getting consisitent pressure with good lines. Whats wierd is often if I have 1 stud on the line then they will double team him. it is usually a DT and that makes sense.

Also try and be a team with good corners... say Miami and play a bad passing team like Ravens. I am curious to know what the stats would be then. Thanks
Old 10-03-2004, 01:05 AM   #31
Rookie

I just played a game on my franchise Me Steelers CPU Redskins. The game was pretty close. I was down 11 in the fourth with like 6 mins left. I am on my own 2 yrd line and I attempt a pass and my QB fumbled it and WHAM its a 18 point ball game. Any way the feel of the game is pretty damn awesome I think. Again the cpu had over 300 yrds passing (308). Portis had 62 yrds on 23 att (2.6 avg). The steeler run defense is very good though imo. I averaged 3 yds a carry which I am very happy with because I have to fight for every yard. There is no blowing out the cpu every game. My leading tackler was Joey Porter with 10 tacks. Also I lowered the pass blocking for the comp by 1 (so i think it was at 5) and i still didnt get any sacks, he still had all day to throw. I'm not going to try a game with miami but instead I am going to do a game between the Panthers against the Cardinals and I will see how that plays out. Unless I suck horibly lmao I should win... we will see
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2004, 01:12 AM   #32
Rookie

ok scratch that I am going to do a game me miami cpu ravens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »