Home

The OS all madden slider project

This is a discussion on The OS all madden slider project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2004, 04:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
The OS all madden slider project

Hey guys,

I loved what we were able to accomplish on All-pro, and now I think for we should try All-Madden. I don't think All madden is broken, and I think we can get ratings VERY realistic, but there will be a slight boost. I dont want this to be like every other slider set. We should try to stay as close to default as possible.

I picked 7 as our default level because it will lower the All Madden ratings boost just a slight bit.

I have been testing in practice mode just for a little bit and think these are obvious starting points.

Hum/Cpu
All Madden
12 minute accelerated clock.

QB accuracy: 9/7
Pass block: 7/7
WR catch: 8/8
RB Abil:7/7
RB block:7/7

AWR: 7/7
Knock: 7/2
Int: 7/7
BB: 7/7
Tack: 7/7

If you could please try these out for a few games and post a good report of your game.
A few key points
- Play like REAL football coaches would play. This is crucial to not giving up huge plays.
- Try to let the CPU control your defensive players move for a split second so that that players AWR can make the first play.
- Play a few games to make your decision if you would like to change something.

Please don't post any changes until several people can confirm it. These will need some work but I think can be a great set eventually.

Thanks in advance to all those who can get on board!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2004, 05:08 PM   #2
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The OS all madden slider project

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Hey guys,

I loved what we were able to accomplish on All-pro, and now I think for we should try All-Madden. I don't think All madden is broken, and I think we can get ratings VERY realistic, but there will be a slight boost. I dont want this to be like every other slider set. We should try to stay as close to default as possible.

I picked 7 as our default level because it will lower the All Madden ratings boost just a slight bit.

I have been testing in practice mode just for a little bit and think these are obvious starting points.

Hum/Cpu
All Madden

WR catch: 8/8
RB Abil:7/7
RB block:7/7

AWR: 7/7
Knock: 7/2
Int: 7/7
BB: 7/7
Tack: 7/7

If you could please try these out for a few games and post a good report of your game.
A few key points
- Play like REAL football coaches would play. This is crucial to not giving up huge plays.
- Try to let the CPU control your defensive players move for a split second so that that players AWR can make the first play.
- Play a few games to make your decision if you would like to change something.

Please don't post any changes until several people can confirm it. These will need some work but I think can be a great set eventually.

Thanks in advance to all those who can get on board!
I was hoping someone would start this thread. I've always believed that many heads are better than one when testing and creating sliders. One thing about your defaults, i liked how you took into account the "boost" but the boost is only applicable for the cpu, the human ratings actually take a hit. So just a suggestion, in my opinion the "default sliders" should probably be 9 for human, and 7 for cpu.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:07 PM   #3
MVP

I thank you for your input Pro, your sliders are why I decided to start this. I really liked how yours felt but don't like when sliders get boosted up a lot. Surprisingly, these I haven't been getting passed all over or anything. And the computer run game is pretty damn good for being at 7.

I will definitly put things at 9. Break block may come down because I have been getting pressure on the run and pass with it at 7.

Thanks for your input and home you try these.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:24 PM   #4
MVP

Alright guys here are some stats of my last game. This is using the Hum at 9 for everything

Vikings (me) 12 vs. Bengals 10 in Snow

I will give a quick run throught of the stats i wrote down.

Culpepper was 28%
Palmer was 26%

This is clearly an area I will have to change.

Onterio Smith: 23 rush 69 yds. 1btk
Rudi Johnson 28 rush 148 yds. 1td 9btk

I really liked how this felt. Smith isn't the best back and I think that is right on for his numbers. Rudi was dominanting with a 49 yd td run after their FB absolutly blew up Chris Claiborne. It was a thing of beauty.

Randy Moss 6 rec 68 yds. 6 drops. Yikes this was a problem but may have been the snow

Their recievers combined for 5 drops also.

Defensively each team had 4 sacks. I had 2 int one was a tip ball that just flew straight up in the air. I also had a Fumble return TD and a safety.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

So from all of this I can see some areas we will need to look at. I am going to play 1 or 2 more games to see if the concern areas were just by luck of the day.

The sliders felt really good and it was an awesome game. Just look at the score.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
I thank you for your input Pro, your sliders are why I decided to start this. I really liked how yours felt but don't like when sliders get boosted up a lot. Surprisingly, these I haven't been getting passed all over or anything. And the computer run game is pretty damn good for being at 7.

I will definitly put things at 9. Break block may come down because I have been getting pressure on the run and pass with it at 7.

Thanks for your input and home you try these.
Not a problem. I'm glad to help anyway i can.

Just a few things, before i created my set, i took in to account a lot of different variables. I then created formulas for what i believed the sliders might affect. For example, break block affects both pass and run blocking, but it also indirectly affects a number of other things as well. I'm not saying we need to do what i did and be that detailed. But everyone should remember EA's sliders are a not as easy to use as other's are. *cough, espn cough* So i just wanted to remind everyone of that.

Second, I totally agree with what you said in my slider thread lhsballa11. Offensive and defensive line play is soooooooooooo important. The one thing i've been doing for the past few weeks, was trying analyze the line play. Was one of the reasons i haven't updated my sliders yet.

So, as the old cliche goes, it all starts in the trenchs. i was hoping if people were interested, that for this slider set, maybe we could focus on the line play first and worked outward. If anyone's up for it let me know. Maybe we can come up with a good method for this!

Anyway, just my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2004, 08:48 PM   #6
MVP

Pro, I am more then willing to tag team with you. Just pick up these sliders and test and play games. Right now the line plays are pretty accurate. I went to look for some real NFL stats to see if D linemen get a lot of tackles and no they dont. I watched football today and they DO however, create tackles. Especially for the middle linebacker. They create holes where several players can make a gang tackle.

Here are my stats for the past game

Houston 25 vs Lions(me) 14

Harrington:16-34-197 1td 2int
Carr:18-34-241

Jones: 21-127 6.5avg 1td. Long of 85 and it was AMAZING run
Hollings: 22-106 2.8 avg 1td long of 24
Davis: 9-14 1.5

Williams: 4-122 td long of 79 *corner blitz and pumped to middle of field to draw safety. WIDE open walked in the final 40 yards.
Bradford: 5-91 long of 31

LB for me combined for 23 tackles.

I noticed the Qb's played MUCH better this game. It feel very good with passing. Jones had that one long run where he just made some amazing cuts.
Hollings came in the 2nd quarter for Davis and did well. Davis is a fast runner and that goes really well with the Lions D because they are fast. Hollings is a bit more physical and he was bruising my LB's.

NOW to the all important D line. Detroit has one of the best tackel tandems in the league. They got a good push and opened tackling lanes for me really well. I think this could still be tweaked but i am not sure. Really need more feedback/stats.

The houston D line is not very good. They run a 3-4 and are a balanced group or size and speed. They were busting up a few runs just as I did.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:49 PM   #7
MVP

Hum/Cpu
All Madden

WR catch: 9/8
RB Abil:9/7
RB block:9/7

AWR: 9/7
Knock: 5/2
Int: 9/7
BB: 9/7
Tack: 9/7

This are my revisions. Notice the Knockdown for human has been lowered. I still need more feedback on ther running games and Line play.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:07 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

I was just about to post my most recent sliders for all madden and the stats are pretty nice.

Here are stats from the game I just watched with my version 2 all-madden sliders.

Bengals vs Ravens
The final score was Ravens 27 and the Bengals 11 this was on 9 minute quarters so 8 is probably the best but the score is very close to the actual game score.

Game stats.

Bengals
Rushing 43yds
passing 199yds
comp% 50
First downs 14
sacked 3
int 0
tot plays 69
drop passes 8
Broken tackles 3
time of possession 15:44

Ravens
Rushing 88yds
Passing 277yds
comp% 67
First downs 15
sacked 2
int 0
tot plays 66
drop passes 4
Broken tackles 7
time of possession 20:16

Boller 25-37 288yds 1td
Lewis 97yds 2tds 4.2avg
Taylor 7rec 88yds 1td
Lewis 11tkls 4Tfls

Palmer 21-42 213yds 1td
Johnson 44yds 1.8avg
Warrick 5rec 62yds 1td
Webster 9tkls

Based off of these stats I may see what wr catch back at 10 rb ability at 15 and int at 5 would look like.

Give them a look if you get a chance we are pretty close in what we have for the most part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »