Home

The OS all madden slider project

This is a discussion on The OS all madden slider project within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2004, 11:30 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: The OS all madden slider project

QB accuracy: 9/7
Pass block: 9/6
WR catch: 8/8
RB Abil:7/7
RB block:7/7

AWR: 7/7
Knock: 7/2
Int: 7/7
BB: 7/7
Tack: 7/7

Steelerz, If you could test these out and give me detailed stats. I need real detailed, like most all the tackles on your team would be the most helpful to me. Also try to tell me the feel, and look for how the O and D lines played as well as Human DB's. You have to play really smart with these so i hope you are an experienced madden player with good Defensive skills.

Let me know asap, thanks a ton.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:41 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

lhsballa11, I only had time to play a quick half with those sliders you just posted. The things that did stick out at me during that half though were pretty noticable.

One, WAY to many dropped passes. I felt like I was playing NCAA for a second if you know what I mean. I'm talking wide open, perfectly thrown balls, both by the my team and the computer.

Second, the reaction by the defensive secondary seemed way to fast. They would jump on my curl and out routes right as the reciever was breaking. It was almost like they were choreographing the routes with eachother.

Those are the things I remember right now. I'll try to play a couple of games either later tonight, or tommorow when I get off work so I can tell you more. Plus give you some stats.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:52 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

alright man i am not the best at defense but pretty good I always play smart so I will give u my analysis on these sliders and post results....
Old 10-02-2004, 03:08 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

ok I just played a game 10 min quarts acc clock. Me Steelers vs CPU Texans. The over all feel of the game was pretty good. I think the offense for the cpu is great running and passing wise. The cpu offense had 5 dropped passes about 3 of those were on wide open plays. My offense had 2 drops so I cant complain about that. When the cpu went deep on me they burnt me every time but that could be because of my play calling. (they dropped all the passes i got burnt on) The running game for the cpu was pretty good they had 102 yds on 28 carries with 1 40 yrd gain. (I think that is realistic) My d line couldnt really get a push on their o line at all. However I did get like 3 sacks it was all line backers. Their d line push against my o-line was realistic imo. Im pretty tired right now so i will give u some stats...

DEFENSE
K. Bell 7 tacks (MLB)
J. Porter 5 tacks (OLB)
C. Scott 5 tacks (CB)
T. Polomalu (sp?) (SS) 5 Tacks
C. Haggins (OLB) 5 tacks 1 sack
K. VonOelhoffen (RE) 4 tacks
----Those where my leaders----

My offense was horrible this game i am usually pretty good at running but I had 14 att for 37 yds (but i like the fact that i am going to have to work for my yards) passing wise it was pretty good except for some times the cpu linbackers would be playing middle zone and make a superman leap to swat the ball down when I passed it to my wr in a curl route on the outside of them (dont know if i explained that last part clear, again i am pretty tired) anyway the overall feel of my pocket presense (sp?) felt really good. Overall I think these sliders are going along pretty well, I am going to cut this short now but I will do another game tommorow and post it on here. I hope this helps.... (btw, if this means anything, I am used to playing with the "OS all-pro slider project" sliders. also tommorow I will play with 12 min acc clock)

Later man,
Rick
Old 10-02-2004, 10:21 AM   #21
MVP

Guys I appreciate the testing. For your next games I would like you to try these. I have been testing a few things. * indicates a change.
QB accuracy: 12/7*
WR catch: 9/9 *
RB block:8/7*

Knock: 7/0*
Int: 9/1*

I upped the QB accuracy because I think we need this to be high so we can actually put some air under the ball when going on posts and deep balls.

I lowered knockdowns and INT to see if that would slow down the CPU DB reaction to passes.

Last edited by GoBlue81188; 10-02-2004 at 11:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2004, 04:39 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Guys I appreciate the testing. For your next games I would like you to try these. I have been testing a few things. * indicates a change.
QB accuracy: 12/7*
WR catch: 9/9 *
RB block:8/7*

Knock: 7/0*
Int: 9/1*

I upped the QB accuracy because I think we need this to be high so we can actually put some air under the ball when going on posts and deep balls.

I lowered knockdowns and INT to see if that would slow down the CPU DB reaction to passes.

With the Human Defense Awareness that low is the Computers passing game unreal? I'm sure it helps alot with the computer running game, but I would be affraid that the computer would beable to go for 300-400 yards everygame? Let me know, you might be on to something here.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:03 PM   #23
MVP

See that is why i am currently playing with the INT slider. I think I have a really good balance right now. The CPU can pass on you but it won't destroy every single game.

These sliders are pretty good so far I suggest you try them and give me as much feedback as possible.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:15 PM   #24
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
See that is why i am currently playing with the INT slider. I think I have a really good balance right now. The CPU can pass on you but it won't destroy every single game.

These sliders are pretty good so far I suggest you try them and give me as much feedback as possible.
Very good results so far, just the CPU Run game needs a SMALL tweak (maybe to RB Ability or Human Tackling).

Human offense is very tough, going to take some getting used to, but all of the reaction times seem to be good.

Lineplay goes by the ratings, so far, as well.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »