Home

Why Can't We Trade Kickers and Punters?

This is a discussion on Why Can't We Trade Kickers and Punters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Why Can't We Trade Kickers and Punters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldogabd
if someone buys they game with their hard earned money do they not have the right to trade a 95 punter for a 85 cornerback if the system allows it and they feel like being completely unrealistic?(assuming its not an online dynasty deal like ncaa)

also i think its a cop out(barring proof) to say that they couldnt "encode" a fair trade system and just ruled out punters and kickers

just my opinion tho
If you allow something like that which will never happen in real life, you might as well add robots and aliens as players too. We are already allowed to create a player with no limits on their attribute points and add in HOF players, that is the unrealistic part for ya. You have to stop somewhere. We are talking about punters and kickers here, if you are really needing a great punter or kicker there are other issues with your gameplay. Im not the greatest player but I don't see how a kicker can change my game from good to great.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #34

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboii30
If you allow something like that which will never happen in real life, you might as well add robots and aliens as players too. We are already allowed to create a player with no limits on their attribute points and add in HOF players, that is the unrealistic part for ya. You have to stop somewhere. We are talking about punters and kickers here, if you are really needing a great punter or kicker there are other issues with your gameplay. Im not the greatest player but I don't see how a kicker can change my game from good to great.
why does it matter to you how others choose to play their game?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 39

EA please don't read this thread...Please send your time more wisely on needed features and enhancements unlike...kicker and punter fair trade logic.

Oh I almost forgot...just my 2cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
why does it matter to you how others choose to play their game?
Its doesn't matter the point and question is why you can't make a trade with kickers and punters. I showed with my link it has happened in real life, but the game give you so many things that are in fact unrealistic. I believe that EA wanted the game to be somewhat sim so they chose to prevent things that would change that. I guess I'm saying if they add it cool but we should be pushing for the game to be more realistic than latter. To each his own
Old 01-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #37

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Its doesn't matter the point and question is why you can't make a trade with kickers and punters. I showed with my link it has happened in real life, but the game give you so many things that are in fact unrealistic. I believe that EA wanted the game to be somewhat sim so they chose to prevent things that would change that. I guess I'm saying if they add it cool but we should be pushing for the game to be more realistic than latter. To each his own
ohhh i thought you were saying it was a dumb idea to even put in the game because it wasn't realistic...my bad

i personally don't care about the matter. But I am all for giving users all options possible to make the game more enjoyable for themselves.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

I want it implemented because I use the Bills in Franchise mode and Lindell has a weak leg. In a dome setting a few times I attempted a 47, 48 and 50 yd fg and each one was shot except for the 47 with hit the cross bar and bounced back. At first I didn't know this trade wasn't allowed so I offered Lindell, 1st round pick next year and Lynch for a rookie kicker with much better power and just a couple points less accuracy than Lindell but its not allowed. All the kickers on the FA list are worse than Lindell so I'm without a kicker with power. Guess I'll never get the 60 yd fg achievement
Old 08-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #39
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
"People will abuse it" has been an excuse for too many things for too long imho.
*Cough*

The Wildcat

*Cough*

I agree.

[Oh and people still abuse it anyway]

Quote:

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-14-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #40
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Why is everyone focused on this? In Madden, 2 CPU controlled teams can't execute a trade with each other. This is the first thing that needs to be fixed!!! Otherwise trading is a way to have an unfair advantage in a user controlled offline dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »