Home

Why Can't We Trade Kickers and Punters?

This is a discussion on Why Can't We Trade Kickers and Punters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Why Can't We Trade Kickers and Punters?

Holy old thread Batman!

The real reason you can't trade kickers and punters is because EA couldn't find a way to program in the stick of gum and four baseball card that you would get in return

Last edited by One of U; 08-14-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #42
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by One of U
Holy old thread Batman!

The real reason you can't trade kickers and punters is because EA couldn't find a way to program in the stick of gum and four baseball card that you would get in return
You mean baseball bats. You heard of the baseball player that was traded for bats? Long story short, he was traded away in exchange for Baseball bats. A number of years latter, and I heard this on an AM talk radio sports show, it turns out he supposedly [and I say this because it is hearsay on the radio] offed himself. Likely because he had no family and he would go down in history for being traded for baseball bats.

BASEBALL BATS!
Old 08-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 1

Yeah I know about the trade, there was cash involved, like 30K but still to be traded for a dozen bats. That is the ultimate insult. I never heard about the last part though.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #44
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

There was also a minor league hockey player that was traded for a sack of pucks and something like 5 sticks. I'd trade Alex Smith for some new shoes and visors if I could in this...the other team would be getting ripped off.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 11

Probably so that people don't exploit CPU trade logic by trading 80, 90 rated kickers / punters for franchise QB's and shiz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 9

People will reach for anything to bring a game down, but to bash it because you cannot trade Kickers & Punters, now thats just ridiculous.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #47
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Probably so that people don't exploit CPU trade logic by trading 80, 90 rated kickers / punters for franchise QB's and shiz.
Exactly, trade logic is already kinda off. The last thing I want to see is the Chargers trading Phillip Rivers for Sebastian Janikowski
Old 08-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 12

I would assume that they don't want you to be able to trade K/P because they're afraid it would lead to a lot of unbalanced trading, allowing user teams to stack up on talent. Since the Kick Accuracy rating for a kicker doesn't really matter (I nailed 55-60 yard FGs all day with David Buehler who has KAC in the 60's, but 98 KPW), you could trade away a K/P who is rated in the 90's for young skill position players who are not rated as highly but have A potential (rookies/1-year vets) or high draft picks, and then go pick up a FA K/P and be no worse off.

Basically, they don't want you trading away Shane Lechler or Nate Kaeding (the highest rated P and K) and getting Ndamukong Suh and a 1st round pick from the Lions. This seems like an easy thing to solve in my mind. Just change the CPU trade logic for trading K/P. Only have the CPU accept trades that are K/P for K/P, or for a 5th round draft pick or later (for the elite K/P, mediocre K/P only get 6th-7th rounders).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »