Home

Madden signs new multi-year deal with EA

This is a discussion on Madden signs new multi-year deal with EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 07:31 PM   #17
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Madden signs new multi-year deal with EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm sure as long as the check doesn't bounce ESPN won't care one bit about an outside guy announcing in the game.
Agreed. I doubt ESPN cares about the game having to be 100% true-to-life.

ESPN, Madden, and EA Sports will be more interested in developing a game that instills it's own identity. I'm willing to bet that Madden will follow along the ESPN taglines, flashes, and graphics in Madden 2007 as if he were announcing on ESPN.

There is nothing NBC can really do about that.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 07-13-2005, 11:13 PM   #18
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

I am actually glad to see this. Yes, the commentary is bad, but it would be wrong to give Madden the boot after all of the years. It's almost like the Yankees getting new uniforms. Tradition, for better or worse, is alive and well.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:06 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
Agreed. I doubt ESPN cares about the game having to be 100% true-to-life.

ESPN, Madden, and EA Sports will be more interested in developing a game that instills it's own identity. I'm willing to bet that Madden will follow along the ESPN taglines, flashes, and graphics in Madden 2007 as if he were announcing on ESPN.

There is nothing NBC can really do about that.
honestly i dont think ESPN will have much input on the game anyway and its not like Madden is owned by NBC, he can still do whatever he wants when hes not in the booth, they will probably follow the format from ESPN2K5, have madden and whoever commentate and have chris berman and the espn guys do the pregame, halftime, and postgame shows

im kinda surprised EA paid madden again, i guess they feel the Madden name brand is too strong, the commentary doesnt get on my nerves as it seems to with a lot of you, but as a business move EA could have saved a boatload of money not signing Madden, its not like they are gonna have direct competition with their game anytime soon, people could go to the store and ask for the new nfl football game and EA would sell the same amount every year

Currently Playing
Fight Night Rd. 4 (360)
UFC Undisputed (360)
FIFA 09 (360)
MLB: The Show 09 (PS3)
Old 07-14-2005, 12:09 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

makes sense to me. The madden name helps sell the damn game imo. Everyone just knows it by heart when talking about football games. Having a name like "Touchdown football 2007" or something would really confuse the non hardcore who doesnt follow games as religously as us.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:17 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Yes he actually said that.
Now its time to make changes to the running game that hasnt been touched in 10 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 02:41 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

I'm glad to have Madden around, say what you want about him, but his commentary is the best of any NFL game I ever played.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:22 AM   #23
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
I'm glad to have Madden around, say what you want about him, but his commentary is the best of any NFL game I ever played.
You're kidding, right? The ESPN series, even before it became ESPN, had better commentary than Madden. He sounds nothing like he does on a real broadcast in the game. He's just one announcer you can't take sound bites from and throw them into a game. His biggest selling point is the tagents he goes off on during a broadcast.

Old 07-14-2005, 12:40 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
I am actually glad to see this. Yes, the commentary is bad, but it would be wrong to give Madden the boot after all of the years. It's almost like the Yankees getting new uniforms. Tradition, for better or worse, is alive and well.

You can have the game called Madden without using him to the extent that they have in the past. Like I said, I just want him out of the commentary box OR just have him talk when you choose the "ask madden" when youre playcalling. I dont care about tradition...its also tradition that some traditions are broken. (deep eh? lol). Like I said, you can put him back on the cover and plaster him all over the game, I dont care Im just tired of listening to his 1992 commentary lol. Give me Bommer, Tom Jackson, and Michael "the U" Irving and I would be good to go...then again things could turn for the worse if they had someone like Troy Aikman and Chris (i talk through my nose) Collinsworth doing the commentary... OH GOD NO!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »