Home

What Are You Guys Thoughts On The Maddenation Interview?

This is a discussion on What Are You Guys Thoughts On The Maddenation Interview? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2005, 01:55 PM   #73
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What Are You Guys Thoughts On The Maddenation Interview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
Oh my goodness. I feel sorry for you. Maybe take a girl over or something and to base players of EA is really mind boggling. That must really suck when you start talking to them and they start off "IN madden they..." i think you know what i mean. Good luck with those 3.

Its all they know. For instance, when I'm checking out the paper reading up on Sundays football games, I'd say something like: I wonder who'll win between the Vikings and the Bears this week? They'll spout off talking about speed, Break tackle and catching ratings like they know what they're talking about. I'll interrupt them like "Ummm, playerX has been injured for about 3 weeks already, he may be out for the season". You should see the looks on their faces when I do that. Its even worse with basketball. They just told me yesterday that they expect the Suns to make it to the finals. "Ummm, Amare Stoudlmier is out for at least 4 months". They shut up and they go adjust rosters or something.

I'm cursed I tell you. I'm the only person in my house that has a passion for sports and I'm stuck with 3 gutterball EA fans. I cant help but judge alot of EA fans under this light since they set such a perfect example. I came to this site years ago to find ppl with similar taste cause I could'nt take the blind loyalty that my real friends have.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #74
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHelix
Yeah....that.....

OR, it might just be possible that expectations for EA are always way too high. Maybe people need to take a look at other videogames on the market and see how close to real life they are and THEN judge Madden on it's technological mishaps, rather than assuming that Madden should nail down every single aspect and part of real life.

In the end...it's just a videogame and always will be.

Why should'nt they be high. IMO, if one company raises the bar in one aspect of they're game, its only appropriate to assume other companies will follow suit. EA goes to the beat of its own drum and tunes out any and every competitor around them like they never exsisted. Nza put it better than I could in his first post about what they could of done with the current gen hardware. For instance, Splinter Cell raised the bar in terms of a spy action game so did the Metal Gear team ignore the advancments and stick to its roots? No, they anted up and made sure that the next installment was with new innovations. It happens all the time in gaming, EA listens and follows no one. Cant blame them though, they're numbers do nothing but increase.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #75
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Post this interview, I will probably cancel my pre-order.

No created players + no gang-tackling will make me take a wait and see approach and buy this game later.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2005, 02:31 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 15

Im sorry but i see not just the lack of "pile on tackles" but the lack of gang tackles as a whole as a tell tale sign that we will be playing a ported version. Maybe not a true port, but so far aside from the graphics there is nothing "BETTER" about this madden they took out owner and superstar mode which i can deal with, no create a player or editor, not so much. But to add 400 new animations or whatever the number is and not add gang tackles or "pile ons" which is something that even 989 was doing a few years ago is just weak. so yes its a totally new game, but its going to be worse than this gens gameplay and feature wise. WTF!!!! Not too mention that they DIDNT EVEN CHANGE THE RATINGS SYSTEM. WHAT ABOUT THIS GAME IS NEW? i just knew that that would be the first thing if they were "building it from the ground up"

That for me was the onlything that i truly wanted out of this next gen game but i guess ill be waiting for next year.

Last edited by feeq14; 11-04-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:36 PM   #77
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Why should'nt they be high. IMO, if one company raises the bar in one aspect of they're game, its only appropriate to assume other companies will follow suit. EA goes to the beat of its own drum and tunes out any and every competitor around them like they never exsisted. Nza put it better than I could in his first post about what they could of done with the current gen hardware. For instance, Splinter Cell raised the bar in terms of a spy action game so did the Metal Gear team ignore the advancments and stick to its roots? No, they anted up and made sure that the next installment was with new innovations. It happens all the time in gaming, EA listens and follows no one. Cant blame them though, they're numbers do nothing but increase.

You know what you have a very good point. Splinter cell series killed MGS IMO. B/c it raised the bar. But we will still play either one just b/c they are good games. I think EA put themselves in their own grave. Buying the license was a smart busniess move but who's gonna benefit? Im not going into that but my point is competition is what drives companies to be better.

Yes you are right about EA listens and follows no one. Its true, they built themselves up and now Live might start to fall but no one knows for sure. My point is they are gonna let greed get the best of them. I think if NCAA kills madden in animation again, I hope EA changes the dev. team.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:38 PM   #78
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Im sorry but i see not just the lack of "pile on tackles" but the lack of gang tackles as a whole as a tell tale sign that we will be playing a ported version. Maybe not a true port, but so far aside from the graphics there is nothing "BETTER" about this madden they took out owner and superstar mode which i can deal with, no create a player or editor, not so much. But to add 400 new animations or whatever the number is and not add gang tackles or "pile ons" which is something that even 989 was doing a few years ago is just weak. so yes its a totally new game, but its going to be worse than this gens gameplay and feature wise. WTF!!!! Not too mention that they DIDNT EVEN CHANGE THE RATINGS SYSTEM. WHAT ABOUT THIS GAME IS NEW? i just knew that that would be the first thing if they were "building it from the ground up"

That for me was the onlything that i truly wanted out of this next gen game but i guess ill be waiting for next year.
I think your taking it too extreme IMO. The reason y i say that is b/c we haven't played the game yet. Yes we are all tired of hearing that but its the truth.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:01 PM   #79
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
Why does everyone continue to gush over the stupid National Motion BS? Like JS said, it's a tech demo, and sure, you can spend a year making 3 different plays look nice, but how are you going to implement that into an entire football game? Until a game actually uses the technology, I refuse to think of Madden 06 or 07 as lacking, simply because it doesn't have the Endorphin engine in it. In principle, it looks great, but how do the players control? Are they flying all over the field? It's easy to make something look great in a controlled environment like a demo, but put it in the hands of the game player, and see if it turns out good. So far, it hasn't been in ANYONE'S hands, so why do people still care about it?
I doubt anyone is concerned with the name brand. We just want real-time, ragdoll physics. Who develops it is irrelevant. People say NaturalMotion because they have the technology.

One of the features promised(In general. Not by EA) when next gen systems were announced was real-time, ragdoll physics. Poor animations are what turned me away from Madden a few years ago. We all gush as you say, over NaturalMotion because it would fix a major flaw in the game. Now, not only is there no gang tackling, there are no 2-man tackles either.

EA has been known to sit on an engine for years. It's tough to believe they will re-write the game to include real-time, ragdoll physics anytime soon. They haven't been able to mo-cap gang tackles, or even break animations to allow for secondary contact. I'm glad you can live with it, but it bothers some of us that defensive players will have to stand around and watch until ball carriers either break a tackle or go down.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:16 PM   #80
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
You know what you have a very good point. Splinter cell series killed MGS IMO. B/c it raised the bar. But we will still play either one just b/c they are good games. I think EA put themselves in their own grave. Buying the license was a smart busniess move but who's gonna benefit? Im not going into that but my point is competition is what drives companies to be better.

Yes you are right about EA listens and follows no one. Its true, they built themselves up and now Live might start to fall but no one knows for sure. My point is they are gonna let greed get the best of them. I think if NCAA kills madden in animation again, I hope EA changes the dev. team.

EA only seems to shift gears with a game when the numbers fall. IE: Triple Play and Knock Out Kings. Thats when someone steps up and breaths new life into a series. Its happened before but in the newest issue of EGM, Madden leads in all consoles(XBOX, PS2 and GC) for sales as well as rentals. I dont see any indication of the series declining which is a shame. A MVPesq rehaul would definitely make things better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »