Home

Does EA Know Madden is not that great?

This is a discussion on Does EA Know Madden is not that great? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 03:45 AM   #9
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Does EA Know Madden is not that great?

Developers are told to program games how the producers see fit.

Producers answer to the executives and other bosses.

This is why a lot of the truely innovative and best games comes from companies that are run by gamers, not business men.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:27 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can't wait for the release of Madden and Ncaa. Not because I'm getting the games. Because I'm definitely not going to buy ea's crappy football games but because I can read the posts of how disappointed everyone is. I'm just going to sit back and laugh but it then again it's really not funny because there really isn't any options. Blitz????????
Old 06-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #11
Rookie

terpinheelland's Arena

OVR: 4

As long as people buy it, things will remain status quo. If you want to get there attention, don't buy the game.

If Madden is missing a lot of features that you want, don't buy the game or buy it used. This is the only way you will ever get EA's attention that something is wrong. They think Madden is great because they are looking at sales figures. If they see that sales have dropped at all, changes will be made.

But if you are ok with what you are getting, and feel it is worth $50 or $60, by all means enjoy.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:21 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

EA doesn't cater to the sim/hardcore crowd. They cater to the masses, and as a result sell millions of copies a year.

By now people should have a clear idea what they are getting when they pick up Madden every year. Being "shocked" that Madden isn't more of a simulation, tends to get old when the general product has remained unchanged for years.

It's unfortunate EA has exclusivity, but they do and that's life. Madden appeals to the average gamer/football fan, and as a result their games will never be a sim to the level the minority hardcore football gamers desire.

Why would EA retool their entire franchise in the hopes pf selling less copies, and turn off all the casual gamers that buy their game in droves from year to year?
Old 06-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
This isn't an issue of sim gamers versus casual gamers. There's no excuse for some of the things EA's producers have done with the game - no excuse whatsoever. You're trying to pin the goofy animations, hunchbacked player models, or something as simple as player intros - on so-called casual fans? That's at the feet of the developers.

sorry man, if you're focusing on "goofy animations, hunchbacked player models, or something as simple as player intros" you're not a hardcore sim guy. you're part of the problem. hardcore sim players are only focused on gameplay. hate to break it to you.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabmasterb
sorry man, if you're focusing on "goofy animations, hunchbacked player models, or something as simple as player intros" you're not a hardcore sim guy. you're part of the problem. hardcore sim players are only focused on gameplay. hate to break it to you.

Read some of his other posts and you will see he is not a part of the problem. He has focused on game play a ton, just not in that post.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
This isn't an issue of sim gamers versus casual gamers. There's no excuse for some of the things EA's producers have done with the game - no excuse whatsoever. You're trying to pin the goofy animations, hunchbacked player models, or something as simple as player intros - on so-called casual fans? That's at the feet of the developers.
Actually, that's not entirely true. The developers can't do anything about those items if the one's above them don't want them fixed or see no reason for them to be fixed. The developers are just doing as they're told.

If the producer and a high level VP want player intro's, a developer isn't going to say "No, I won't do that". If so, he'll be fired. The developer is going to do it regardless of if he thinks it's right or not.

Now initially the developers who created the goofy animations and hunchbacked player models can be blamed, but they aren't likely the same people still working on the game. There's a lot of turnover in development.

Just my .02.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2006, 10:13 AM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

why do we have a thread of this nature every year?

I know that people are upset with EA but come on, every single year? Its getting old to be honest with you all.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »