Home

Does EA Know Madden is not that great?

This is a discussion on Does EA Know Madden is not that great? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 02:31 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Does EA Know Madden is not that great?

No it didn't really improve all of those things where gimmicks from other old football games, and far as game play it stills looks and plays the same, with no new innovation or repairing of old flaws in the game.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:32 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
No it didn't really improve all of those things where gimmicks from other old football games, and far as game play it stills looks and plays the same, with no new innovation or repairing of old flaws in the game.
Really? Can you name me the games that those "gimmicks" were taken from?
Old 06-04-2006, 03:30 AM   #51
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

DOES The 2K fans know that they will be playing NFL2K5 for another 5 years!!

I'm sorry I couldn't help it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2006, 04:21 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05

Do Madden fans know they will be playing Madden 06 for 360 for another 5 Years, with a new cover of course. Sorry I could not help it either
Old 06-04-2006, 04:29 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Oh? Madden never improved? So, adding in things like the hit stick, truck stick, Offensive Playmakers, Defensive Playmakers, Storyline Central, Superstar Mode, and the like isn't "Improvement" in your book? I'm curious...what is?
Here is the problem with all these "Improvements and Inovations", that EA does. All they do is mask what really needs improving the core engine which is @ 3-4 years outdated. Thats the problem alot of people have with EA instead of focusing on the real issues, they "Improve" thier game by adding these gimmicks.
On the other had if you look at 2k, do me a favor and play 2k3 on XBOX or the first 2k football on Dreamcast, and then go and play 2k5 even though the 2k flavor is there it is night and day as far as imrovment in gameplay. Now do the same for Madden and the results are gameplay is almost the exact same year in and year out all we get are these "gimmicks".
And to me that was my biggest gripe with the exclusive deals. 2k5 WAS FAR from being the end all be all we 2k fans make it out to be, BUT and its a big but (I'm talkin J-low big) every year they showed so much improvment that we could only imagine what 2k7 would be like hell even 2k6.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:37 AM   #54
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05

A fate (by comparison) that seems less and less painful as time goes by... from what I read 2K5 is still the (obvious) benchmark...

Moreover, (18mos ago) I really thought Madden would take this opportunity to bury 2Kfootball in the hearts and minds of sim ball gamers by giving us all they could.... My mistake, I guess in dealing with a $600mil remit... they can't give us too many previous/future innovations so soon....

from reading all the post... I ponder what threat 2K really was to Madden... by all accounts the masses ultimately don't want the simball 2K was giving anyway, much less from madden...?!?! I mean if sales are such that the Tiburon Brian trust need not heed the wishes of hardcore gamers... then why alieninate them... ???

as I think back, most of my friends purchased both 2K and madden just for a change of pace, they valued the diff.... and the ones that loved madden felt 2K was a cheap 20buck coaster...

Last edited by xrams; 06-04-2006 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #55
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
A lot of you guys don't understand that NFL 2K5 had it's fair share of problems. It was far and I mean far from a great game. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Was it playable? To a point, online the CB AI was so terrible it was exploited on pretty much every play. Offline? Great game and a lot of fun but so was Madden. I'm just saying both games are great games. I don't understand the hate for EA, because 2K hasn't done **** to make me boast about them. NBA 2K6? Fast-break fest, no defense, too easy. NHL 2K6? Much better then EA's but that isn't saying much. And don't get me started on MLB 2K6. All these game companies will have their ups and downs, that's the way it is. Look at 989/SCEA, they went from NFL Gameday 98(one the best football games ever) to NFL Gameday 2003(Worse ever).
Hey man I totally agree with you. 2k5 wasn't the flawless game afew people think it was. However, my point is that 2ksports came a long way in 5 years. I firmly believe 2k sports would have improved on the CB or AI play. They had the graphics, the presentation, the cutscenes, the halftime show, and gameplay had improved and I believe that these issues would've been addressed. Madden has had Many years of typically the same game. That was my point. 2k improved a little bit every year just like triple play series when it was changed to mvp. I will have madden because they got me. That's the only choice i have. It's not a bad game just similar every year. It's fun but getting old even to diehard madden fans. To the people who say boycott madden get over it. The deal is done. This is a small community of people. Young kids all over parents only know madden. They aren't watching the bi@#hing going on so they will pick up madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2006, 09:55 AM   #56
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Oh? Madden never improved? So, adding in things like the hit stick, truck stick, Offensive Playmakers, Defensive Playmakers, Storyline Central, Superstar Mode, and the like isn't "Improvement" in your book? I'm curious...what is?
Listening to the gamers say the running wasn't quite right and improving it. Saying the passing didn't quite work and they improve it. Thats 2K football.

How long have we been complaining about Mario running, etc. yet we still have it.
Playmaker, hitstick etc. Isn't improvements . It's additions to a flawed game.
This is my opinion of course but to me 2K tried to improve thier core game while EA just added fluff.

Maybe I'm being too critical of EA but being the only game in town now they HAVE to improve the core game for me to give it props.
Yes 2K had some problems but I always felt they listened to us and tried to improve it.

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-04-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »