Home

Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

This is a discussion on Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2006, 11:31 AM   #81
Rookie

ameagle's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Hah, and you don't think that's the case? It's the same reason people bash Kobe Bryant, USC Football, Tiger Woods, the NY Yankees, Duke basketball, and the NE Patriots. People in general love to bash whoever is on top. It's human nature, my friend.
Interesting examples TJ. None of those people/teams are 'on top' at all (except of course Tiger).

People bash Kobe Bryant because he's an accused rapist, arrogant, me first, temper tantrum throwing prick,etc. (example: 2nd half of last years deciding Game 7 of the playoffs)

People bash USC because of run up scores (Long passes late in a 70-17 game), players who break NCAA rules, and 'student'-athletes taking ballroom dancing--only. They certainly aren't bashing them for losing to Texas are they?

The Yankees? People bash them because of $200 million payrolls, steroid abusers playing for them, $250 million dollar choke jobs, an arrogant *** for an owner who hangs his manager out to dry because they 'failed' (gee and I thought Detroit just had better pitching), complaints about no championships in the last 6 years despite being in the playoffs 12 straight (I'm sure Milwaukee and Pittsburgh feel your 200 million dollar pain).

And finally, people are bashing Madden because of all the numerous VALID reasons listed above. The game has serious flaws/features left out. You can't/haven't disputed that. We have to pay for extra stadiums/jerseys too?! The list is growing man....And just because YOU like the game doesn't mean that everyone else has to fall into lock step. You've dismissed one post after another as "worthless" or stupid. And yet I'm still waiting, as I suspect others are, for you to address the FACTUAL problems with this product. So far, all you have come up with is "This is the best Madden I've played". Well excuse me if I find that to be a particularly worthless statement as well.

I don't mean to ride your a$$ TJ, but it's just the way I see it.

Sidenote: I didn't mention Duke and NE because so far as I know there never has been widespread picking at them. And Tiger? He causes every televised tournament he's in to jump about 50 places in the ratings, and again I've never seen much picking at him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #82
Rookie

squaremarker's Arena

OVR: 4

My only plea to EA Sports is that they never again try to buy out the rights to a sport. I was an avid Madden fan, Madden 04 was great, then I started playing 2k and found that 2k5 was perfect for me.

EA, just because you cannot produce something as indepth as 2k can is no reason to eliminate the competition. Don't we have laws against attempted monopolies?

EA, steal the good from 2k and innovate, stop throwing us cheap gimmicks, broken gameplay, unresponsive gameplay, sluggish framerates, etc.. the list goes on for me.

I for one have not bought an EA Sports product since Madden 04 simply because EA has stopped trying.

EDIT: Sorry, I've purchased Tiger Woods 05... about the only series worth buying from EA at the moment.

Last edited by squaremarker; 10-11-2006 at 11:43 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 10-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #83
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Who thinks Madden 07 on the PS3 will be improved considering it was done by a different development team? Do you think some of the problems that plague the 360 version will be fixed and if so would it change your opinion of the game?
Old 10-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #84
Rookie

ameagle's Arena

Well unfortunately for me it won't, since I can't afford to pony the $700 bucks it'd take to get Madden on a PS3....
Old 10-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaremarker
EA, steal the good from 2k
Lol..get over it bruh...it's pointless. Your doomed with madden for aleast 10-15 years or something like that. Stop crying. Which game doesn't have flaws & glitches? "hint: the glitches post for every game" They give NHL 2k7 a ten for a subpar game? 2k better start coming up with so called "gimmiks" cause all there games are starting to really show age. 24/7? WTF is that. You only hear minimal discontentment for 2k's sham of a baseball game, but that sh!t was absolutely horrible. Madden isn't perfect, but obviously it'll get scrutinized, because it's EA. I can't speak for their performance on Nba Live, but as far as Madden, it's only been getting better. Face it folks NFL2k ain't comin back anytime soon!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #86
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Who thinks Madden 07 on the PS3 will be improved considering it was done by a different development team? Do you think some of the problems that plague the 360 version will be fixed and if so would it change your opinion of the game?
Unless they completely redo everything the game will be exactly the same on the ps3.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 10-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #87
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I think some of you guys are living in a box. This backlash has spilled way pass the internet or the 'vocal minorty' as some of you believe. There may be ppl who still like the game but there is are tons of ppl who were longtime Madden fans who cant stand the game anymore. Ask around, there are ppl I've talked to who dont frequent internet sites who said the game was weak. Whereas in years past, they were all thoroughly enjoying the game. The outcry is getting louder and louder by the year. Just because all we see is the usual "beat the dead horse crew" on these forums doesn't mean we are the only ones who are fed up with the series. Many have sold, traded or coastered their copy already and moved on without a peep of audible disgust.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:26 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I think some of you guys are living in a box. This backlash has spilled way pass the internet or the 'vocal minorty' as some of you believe. There may be ppl who still like the game but there is are tons of ppl who were longtime Madden fans who cant stand the game anymore. Ask around, there are ppl I've talked to who dont frequent internet sites who said the game was weak. Whereas in years past, they were all thoroughly enjoying the game. The outcry is getting louder and louder by the year. Just because all we see is the usual "beat the dead horse crew" on these forums doesn't mean we are the only ones who are fed up with the series. Many have sold, traded or coastered their copy already and moved on without a peep of audible disgust.
Graphik is right...I must stand corrected. In the latest issue of which ever gaming magazine I got the free subscription of (through EB Games, I think), there's a small little write-up about how this year's Madden seems to be taking a lot of heat and criticism.

This is getting bigger, folks. Big enough to where EA may HAVE to do something about it. I still like the game, but I agree, there are a lot of things about it that could be (and must be) better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »