Home

Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

This is a discussion on Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #65
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

I am one of the "NEGATIVE" people with this madden 360 game this year.
Lack of Stat overlays.
annimations totally stink (IMO)
No cutscenes
No presentations
one man commentary (What game that you watch on tv has one announcer)
Terrible running game as far as when you run up the middle push up on the stick and hold it there. You can breakthrough by holding up.
No refs on the field.

However, This may be a better madden but to me the game was frustrating because of the stuff mentioned above. Truthfully if they can fix the in game annimations, Add a color man to the booth, and add some sort of stat overlays and stat talk by the color I would be ok with this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I'm not just talking about message boards. I also know people in real life who have given up on madden and other ea games.
EXACTLY!
Old 10-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Lack of Stat overlays.

Yeah... this puzzles me. They were in last year (albeit very little) so why aren't they in this year?
Old 10-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #68
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhennes
Yeah... this puzzles me. They were in last year (albeit very little) so why aren't they in this year?
Madden displays stats after every play on the black bar.

It reminds me of the sports tickers that the broadcast networks use. I love it. After a big tackle I like to see how many tackles Brian Urlacher has.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have to agree with most who say Madden is disappointing this year. A lot of the gameplay and presentation issues have been discussed at great length already, and I agree with what's been said about it, so I won't rehash.

However, let me just add how disappointed I am at EA for nickel and diming us on things like alternate and classic uniforms. This may sound silly, but I really enjoy having things like that available in my franchise. I'm a Bears fan, and when I play the Pack in my franchise, I love turning back the clock and having some classic uni's to use to celebrate the rich tradition of the Bears/Packers rilvary. I know, it may sound corny, but I enjoy it. Unfortunately, I can't do that because of EA's decision about alt/classic uniforms. I can understand it if EA has taken the same approach with all of their games, but if you look at NBA Live 07 and NHL 07, alt uniforms are included. Heck, they even included the St. Patrick's day (green) jerseys for my Bulls in NBA Live, so why not just include these things in Madden (and NCAA FB for that matter) since it's always been there.

It's been said before, but EA needs competition in football. If 2K was still in the game, EA would not be pulling this s!@# with its consumers - that you can bank on.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 4

ppppffffff!!! bah hum bug..cry's from the very people who praise this crappy hole and supported this garbage back in 04.....

nah u a-holes enjoy and make shure next year you still give ea your 60 bucks to keep this exclusive license till your kids are 30......

shhhhhh!! man crap to the world sports games are dead!!...to nba 2k7 i say!!! the real next-gen sports game.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #71
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
one man commentary (What game that you watch on tv has one announcer)

Vin Scully,the voice of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
He's the only one calling the game. just a fyi
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 2

Madden's only negative to the longtime 2k fans who had to conform to it. Obviously there not going to like the game if they're use to something else. Especially if madden pretty much monopolized the football gaming market. Give em a couple years, 2k fans will come around. Atleast 2k still has the basketball games on lock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »