Home

Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

This is a discussion on Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #105
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

I'm sure there will be some very good games once the PS3 and Windows Vista are established - just like the Xbox which seemed to hit its peak not long before the 360 was released - but I fail to see Madden improving significantly fundamentally any time before the next round of consoles. The fact they've got so much to add in the way of small features makes me believe they'll have very little time to really change anything groundbreaking, which is what it desperately needs. I find it down right sad it won't be at least until the 3rd 360 version we see a feature set and franchise mode comparable to the old version. Guess you can do that with 0 competition and a demographic who'd seemingly buy air conditioners in December with record numbers each year if told to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2006, 02:26 PM   #106
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I personally like Madden quite a bit this year. I'm sure it has to do with this being my first Madden in 3 years, but I have no complaints about the game. I have enjoyed playing every game of my franchise this year.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:50 PM   #107
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
This is getting bigger, folks. Big enough to where EA may HAVE to do something about it. I still like the game, but I agree, there are a lot of things about it that could be (and must be) better.
I'm starting to believe they don't have the talent to do anything about it other than hire better developers. Either that or they are making the game exactly how they want, minus glitches. I think it's a little of both.

Someone pointed out that EA's competition is no longer other football titles. Obvious since there are none. Their new comp comes from completely unrelated genres. When you make a football games aimed at kids that are more into action adventure or first person shooters, this is what happens. Those types of gamers are less likely to care about gang tackling, double team blocks and other football essentials. If they don't care, why should EA?

Personally, I think the game sucks pretty bad. I can see why some love it. I agree that it's the best Madden ever. Unfortunately for me, I'm not judging it against past Maddens. I'm judging it against the potential of next gen systems, my expectations and EA's claims & promises. And in that regard, the game sucks... IMO.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #108
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
buy air conditioners in December
Hell, I'd pick up an a/c unit in December, just imagine how cheap it would be.( sorry couldn't resist lol)
I do agree with every thing you said though.
But I would still pick up the a/c
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 10-13-2006, 10:11 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
IMHOP

International MY House Of Pancakes? That is selfish....IHOP is for everyone

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »