Home

Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

This is a discussion on Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

You know i agree that Current gen is a complete masterpiece i started this thread with the 360 version in mind, is it possible that a mod could ad a 360 notation to the tittle so it can be know that that is what were talking about here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #26
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I've said it before and I'll say it again...for me, this is the best Madden I've ever played. I think you're seeing a lot of negative criticism towards it because people love to knock the king of mountain down. It's the "cool thing to do".

It's called the vocal minority...and that's what we have here. The people who like this game world wide FAR outweighs those of you who are unhappy with it.
I agree with everything you said and comments like that help me from thinking that I am crazy for loving this game.

This is the most I have played Madden in years.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:25 PM   #27
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
You sound like exactly the type of gamer EA is gearing this game towards
Did you read his post?

"his is the only game that i can play where i dont have to worry about giving up 45 yard rushing and 350 yards passing. The cpu doesnt jump 12 yards to automatically knock down a pass. The cpu actually runs the ball down my throat on the 360 version, rather than run 10 times on all pro and when i bump it up to all madden their all juiced. I can actually complete a pass w/ one on one coverage throwing down the field. Matchups are better in this game, no longer does a linebacker w/ 75 speed keep up w/ my 3rd down receiver in the nickel formation."

Those are things "true fans" have complained about for years.

So if he is the type of fan EA is gearing the game towards, you should be happy.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:28 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAbbitt
Did you read his post?

"his is the only game that i can play where i dont have to worry about giving up 45 yard rushing and 350 yards passing. The cpu doesnt jump 12 yards to automatically knock down a pass. The cpu actually runs the ball down my throat on the 360 version, rather than run 10 times on all pro and when i bump it up to all madden their all juiced. I can actually complete a pass w/ one on one coverage throwing down the field. Matchups are better in this game, no longer does a linebacker w/ 75 speed keep up w/ my 3rd down receiver in the nickel formation."

Those are things "true fans" have complained about for years.

So if he is the type of fan EA is gearing the game towards, you should be happy.

No in all honesty i saw this line

For me, i want to make sure my game looks good first and then plays good second. I cant change the look of the game but i can modify how it plays to try and suit my tastes. I still watch the cut scenes cause they look so good.

and passed judegment. Regardless i retract my statment. Im just a very frustrated gamer right now without a franchise mode to play with. Im thinking about going back to current gen
Old 10-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #29
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
No in all honesty i saw this line

For me, i want to make sure my game looks good first and then plays good second. I cant change the look of the game but i can modify how it plays to try and suit my tastes. I still watch the cut scenes cause they look so good.

and passed judegment. Regardless i retract my statment. Im just a very frustrated gamer right now without a franchise mode to play with. Im thinking about going back to current gen
I have both Madden 360 and Madden on my PC. I really only have time to play one or the other, and that usually ends up being Madden on the 360.

But in the end, it is all about personal preference. I am not going to say that since I like the 360 version better everyone should. It just seems the negative voices tend to project themselves as the majority, when that might not necessarily be true.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #30
Banned

What I don't understand is how people praise Madden for being, "The Best Madden ever!" Dude, that is what the game is supposed be... Next years game (should) be the best Madden game because they will improve upon this years game. The next Madden after that should be the best Madden because it will be the newer most improved game. That will go on and on.

Some of you act like its some sort of an accomplishment that its the best game in the series... Were talking next-gen consoles now... not Sega Genesis.

Also, to the person who said that it is 'cool' to dislike Madden, I hope that wasn't a serious comment. I don't think people sign up here to gain confidence of saying a certain game isn't good. Most of the people just rant there problems to make them feel a little better. To be quite honest, the 'cool' thing now is liking Madden. (or should I say forcing yourself to like Madden) This is a sports game forum, so you know that dedicated/hardcore sports video game fans come here. Seeing a lot of disgruntled people here disliking Madden, and people that don't post here (or non-hardcore sports gamers) who like the game says a little something about how the game plays.

Last edited by Stevo; 10-07-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 4

the thread should be backwards..how dumm DRONES took so long to see ea's madden is trailer trash!!!!....

ea is soo wack they bought the nfl license cause 2k made them want to cry.

then they soo dumb-they bought espn & told you drones that they promise spectacular presentation wayy better then nfl2k5.

they told the drones that they would justify the nfl exclusive license but still madden falls way behind nfl2k5 an old no real old game...

1.ea where's the next gen-5 man tackle
2.pile ups
3.real physics
4.real next gen collision.
5.a real blocking and run gameplay engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #32
Pro

kenn5373's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Great analysis. I won't be upset if you spill a drink in your keyboard anytime soon.
I won't be upset either, I'll just get another one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »