Home

Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

This is a discussion on Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2006, 07:46 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Is this the most negative reaction to a madden ever?

I like it..have alot of fun online with people I know. Don't play much offlline.Could it be better..of course...will i buy it next year..probably.If 2k released a game i would get that also...love football!!
Old 10-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #34
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Everyone is right....so please people stop arguing...

yes this game is broken in so many ways Next-Gen..
but compared to previous Madden games, it is the best one available...

also truthful TJ is right and so are the guys who say the game sucks....

HOW???

Well first of all compared to Madden games of the past, its better graphically and play wise, with more control over the RB....

How does it suck?

Well compared to previous football games, its behind and still mediocre, especially when it comes to that other series, that beat them in 2004-2005.
That cause them to buy that license.....

But only thing that makes it the best Madden is the fact, they are copying all the previous features from old football games like Gameday PS2, Fever (Xbox), and 2k Football...

And they are taking those ideas and brushing them up, to make the Madden series feel brand new, instead of an old rehash roster update...
Old 10-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #35
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

I have never in my twenty years of video football gaming, played a game that was touted as being revolutionary and groundbreaking as madden '07 for the 360 and have it be so far from the truth. Today, I traded it in, also something that was never done before late winter or early spring. Will not buy another version of madden until the consensus on future versions are near flawless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows2
Everyone is right....so please people stop arguing...

yes this game is broken in so many ways Next-Gen..
but compared to previous Madden games, it is the best one available...

also truthful TJ is right and so are the guys who say the game sucks....

HOW???

Well first of all compared to Madden games of the past, its better graphically and play wise, with more control over the RB....

How does it suck?

Well compared to previous football games, its behind and still mediocre, especially when it comes to that other series, that beat them in 2004-2005.
That cause them to buy that license.....

But only thing that makes it the best Madden is the fact, they are copying all the previous features from old football games like Gameday PS2, Fever (Xbox), and 2k Football...

And they are taking those ideas and brushing them up, to make the Madden series feel brand new, instead of an old rehash roster update...
Bingo. Well said.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDoctor
I have never in my twenty years of video football gaming, played a game that was touted as being revolutionary and groundbreaking as madden '07 for the 360 and have it be so far from the truth. Today, I traded it in, also something that was never done before late winter or early spring. Will not buy another version of madden until the consensus on future versions are near flawless.
I did the same, traded it 2 weeks ago for NHL 07 which I give EA high praise.I never traded a Madden in this early.For me it seems like a cut scene festival and you really dont feel "into" the game.It may be shallow but I miss the refs on the field stretching chains,different camera angels,and alot of the little things from the old madden. Im amazed at NHL07,how it feels and has the sounds of an arena like your there.I will miss my football gaming this year but at $60 per game I just wont purchase anything unless its got what I want.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:00 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I've said it before and I'll say it again...for me, this is the best Madden I've ever played. I think you're seeing a lot of negative criticism towards it because people love to knock the king of mountain down. It's the "cool thing to do".

It's called the vocal minority...and that's what we have here. The people who like this game world wide FAR outweighs those of you who are unhappy with it.
Nah it's not called the vocal minority it's called the truth. And the majority isn't always right especially when alot of the people who buy the game are just casual gamers.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:07 AM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Nah it's not called the vocal minority it's called the truth. And the majority isn't always right especially when alot of the people who buy the game are just casual gamers.
How can someone's opinion of a game be right or wrong?
Old 10-08-2006, 01:14 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
How can someone's opinion of a game be right or wrong?
You should ask him the same question, and ask the reviewers of madden next gen 07 to. It's not the best madden ever cause it does little to use the next gen power other then graphics and it strips some of the most liked features in the series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »