Home

Can madden break your 360 ?

This is a discussion on Can madden break your 360 ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #17
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Can madden break your 360 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
I'm not sure if this is serious or a joke. I hope it's a joke!

If a game as intensive as Call of Duty 3 or Gears of War doesn't "break" a 360, I don't think anything will (when I say intensive I mean a game that is trying to access the DVD drive often).
No I'm not joking!
I was told by Microsoft that the Launch 360's are burning out from the 2nd wave of games that are now out.
And if thats not enough me and my friend bought ours the same day and his died 2 weeks after mine! Now thats spooky....and the god honest truth.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamz
No I'm not joking!
I was told by Microsoft that the Launch 360's are burning out from the 2nd wave of games that are now out.
And if thats not enough me and my friend bought ours the same day and his died 2 weeks after mine! Now thats spooky....and the god honest truth.
Ehhh, I'm not sure I believe what MS is saying. I have a launch 360 with no problems at all and I've played a bunch of different games (same with 2 of my friends). I think it's coincidence and that some early 360's died for different reasons (user error, lesser quality drive perhaps?).

From a coding and computer perspective (2 things I do everyday and know very well) I can't see how games could have such a drastic effect on the 360. A game is a game and they're all played on the same medium. There isn't a game out today that's pushing the 360 beyond it's limits and there's a chance it won't happen during the 360's life cycle (same with the original Xbox).

Sounds like a PR move by MS to try to push some blame onto the games.

Last edited by mjb2124; 12-12-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #19
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Launch console with many games played including Madden 07 and no problems.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #20
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Ehhh, I'm not sure I believe what MS is saying. I have a launch 360 with no problems at all and I've played a bunch of different games (same with 2 of my friends). I think it's coincidence and that some early 360's died for different reasons (user error, lesser quality drive perhaps?).

From a coding and computer perspective (2 things I do everyday and know very well) I can't see how games could have such a drastic effect on the 360. A game is a game and they're all played on the same medium. There isn't a game out today that's pushing the 360 beyond it's limits and there's a chance it won't happen during the 360's life cycle (same with the original Xbox).

Sounds like a PR move by MS to try to push some blame onto the games.
I dont know they said the newer titles make the disk spin faster or something like that...what ever the case mine broke but it's better now.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamz
I dont know they said the newer titles make the disk spin faster or something like that...what ever the case mine broke but it's better now.
Then they're definitely full of it as the speed of the disk spinning is a function of the DVD reader in the 360. The actual disk has nothing to do with it. An original Xbox game and a brand new 360 game will spin at the same speed (albeit a 360 game would be accessed by the DVD reader at a higher rate).

Games just don't ruin consoles. Faulty hardware will and unfortunately almost every console released will have some hardware issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #22
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8

^^^^
cosign what mjb said. that line ms is feeding people is to shift the blame. i've had problems with the 360 (two different ones since launch), and madden isn't the only game that has taxed the 360's dvd reader/drive. they know they've got some crap floating around out there and are trying to put positive spin on it. put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig. i'm out.

pete
Old 12-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #23
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

so its the 360?...The only game I have a problem with is madden,and it just started to happen in the past month or so... maybe it will just die so i can get a new one or however MS does it..cuz till football is over I have to play some football,and dont really like play 2 quarters at a time....
Old 12-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

if you believe EA's Madden is breaking consoles then go after EA and make them buy you a new console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »