Home

*OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #17
Rookie

Risin's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox)

Is there a sideline or broadcast camera angle?

Also, is there a coach mode?

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #18
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

I saw a gang tackle while covering a kick off. I was very surprised, cause I thought that wasn't in the xbox version.

Gameplay feels a lot more polished, and I wasn't expecting to be pleased. It's been nice so far. Animations seem smoother as well as gameplay. The fantasy challenge is fun to play with my son. Quick games with some new frills.

Last edited by xxzone; 08-12-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:47 PM   #19
Rookie

usmgoldeneagles's Arena

OVR: 2

Can turn off the QB vision on All-Madden?

What are the new skill drills?
Old 08-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risin
Is there a sideline or broadcast camera angle?

Also, is there a coach mode?

Thanks!

No broadcast/sideline
No coach mode (I think)

BTW, there is a custom camera. I'm not sure if it was in last year, but you can basically move the camera up & down, and tilt it as much as you want. You can't turn it to the sideline or diagonally, but at least it gives you a choice, unlike PS3/360.

Last edited by rp71284; 08-12-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #21
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Are Hall of Fame players in this version? I saw a screenshot of the fantasy challenge mode and noticed names like B.Sanders and J.Montana so im curious if HOF players are actually in the current gen version this year.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Is kicking a fg still too easy?
Old 08-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmgoldeneagles
Can turn off the QB vision on All-Madden?
No

Quote:
What are the new skill drills?
They're kinda neat, and creepy.
There is one for running, passing, defense, and play calling

All the modes are set up in 3 difficulties: easy, medium & hard. Also, each difficulty has sections set up. So you have to complete the skill 3 times to pass.

For running, you start at the goal line and there are arrows on the field and moving tackling dummies trying to take you out. Also, there is a giant tackling dummy behind you as well. You go thru each arrow & above the dummies' head is a move you have to do (hard juke, normal juke, spin). If you do the move, you break the tackle, or they miss you. If you press the wrong button, you get tackled. Also, if you go too slow, the dummy following you tackles you. On medium mode, it's the same thing, except the dummy behind you goes faster. On hard mode, it's more of a straight line, and basically a parade of dummies coming after you. Same idea though. It's not that difficult. Also, there is a time limit as well, so the idea is not to get tackled basically.

For passing on easy, you have 3 receivers to throw to. You have to complete 6 out of 10 passes. There are 2 huge dummies playing zone coverage, and 1 dummy trying to rush the QB. You have 3 OL blocking though so it's not that bad. As you complete each section, they take away 1 receiver and add 1 DL. So by the 3rd section, it's a bit difficult with 1 WR and 3 DL coming after you. On medium, you won't lose any WR this time, but they add 2 CBs playing zone, and a MLB playing zone as well. On hard, you're in trouble. You have 4 WR now, but you also have a safety playing zone, all your WR are man covered, and the big dummies are smarter.

On the defense drill, things get worse. The CPU starts at the 50 yard line. You have to push them back into the end zone. For every turn that you fail on, you will lose 5 yards, and every time you're successful, they lose 10 yards. On easy, it's you 1 on 1 with a dummy. There will be a skill above the dummy's head (strip, tackle, dive, hit stick) and that's the way you have to tackle them. Problem is, I'm almost positive the CPU picks you're 2nd CB for this. So if they can't tackle, you could be in trouble. On medium, instead of tackling, you're a CB playing defense. You have 1 CB, and you have to cover 2 WRs. There will be a QB cone so you know which WR it's going to. Again, there will be a skill above the dummy's head (either swat or catch). On hard, you have the RB and the 2 WRs. Now you have to either tackle the RB on run plays, or defend the pass on pass plays. The CPU will also throw in play action fakes as well. And this time, you don't have to do the skill above the dummy's head. You can do whatever gets the job done, but you'll only make them lose 5 yards. If you do the particular skill, then they lose 10 yards.

Here's the one I hate with a passion. On play calling, there will be a box on the top left that will tell you do call some kind of audible. You get 2 turns on offense, and 2 turns on defense. If you get it wrong 3 times, you fail. There's also a time limit as well. On easy while on offense, you usually have to hot route a receiver, call an audible, flip the play, shift the line, or call a formation shift. On defense, you have to call def hot routes, shift your DL/LBs, and move your DL around. On medium, it's more of a "Simon Says" game. The CPU will tell you to do something, and you have to do it. You have to do it 4 times successfully on offense, then 4 on defense, then 4 on offense, and 4 on defense again. Also, by the 4th turn, you will have to get 4 adjustments in a row correct.

Now this is the one I still haven't passed. On hard, instead of the box telling you what to do, they show you. When on offense, you have to remember 3 hot routes and then do them yourself. Same thing on defense. It's not bad on offense, since you just press a WR's button and call hot routes. On defense, you have to move to that particular player and do the hot routes. I get confused because they'll want me to hot route a DL in a flat zone, make my safety a QB spy, and have my MLB blitz.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:25 PM   #24
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

I'm going to go check out sideline catches in practice now, and see if they are in the XBOX version. Any of you other guys who have it notice sideline catches in? I only remember on pass to the sideline in a game to Lelie, and he jumped high for the ball with legs spread out, and was out of bounds. I'll go try it and post back, cause I pray they are in there!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »