Home

Do you like the direction EA is going?

This is a discussion on Do you like the direction EA is going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Do you like the direction EA is going?

I do not like the direction EA is going in at all. They are buying the rights to the sports licenses so they have no competition. By doing this EA proves they do not care about the consumer on bit. Competition is the best thing possible for the consumer since both companies will try to out-do one another. EA is just a bunch of lazy A**-holes that only want money and do not want to put out a quality product.
MLB: New York Yankees
CFL: BC Lions - I want my Rough Riders back!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #18
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Seriously, guys, if you want to make a statement stop posting crap on this board and start NOT buying Madden on day 1 or day 2 like a bunch of Pavlovian puppets....

OS would be a great place for frustrated fans to organize a "We will not buy until X (say, 30) days after release, and then only if it is positively reviewed by a select group in our community" sort of thing...NOT a boycott, just a patient and intelligent, yet aggressive approach...

I have not bought a Madden since 05, thought I would this year until reading what you guys have said over the past several months...if anything, i will go get a used copy of 05...
Old 09-08-2007, 08:11 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
Seriously, guys, if you want to make a statement stop posting crap on this board and start NOT buying Madden on day 1 or day 2 like a bunch of Pavlovian puppets....

OS would be a great place for frustrated fans to organize a "We will not buy until X (say, 30) days after release, and then only if it is positively reviewed by a select group in our community" sort of thing...NOT a boycott, just a patient and intelligent, yet aggressive approach...

I have not bought a Madden since 05, thought I would this year until reading what you guys have said over the past several months...if anything, i will go get a used copy of 05...
Good post.

The only thing they will listen to is sales. If you're not happy with the game, STOP BUYING IT and then complaining about it. I didn't buy it this year. It kind of sucks not having an NFL game to play, but if I'm really jonesing, I can play the damn demo and remember why I didn't buy it.

If you keep buying the game you're really wasting your time complaining because you've already spoken with your wallet and said what they want to hear - "Here's my $60."
Old 09-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #20
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
Good post.

The only thing they will listen to is sales. If you're not happy with the game, STOP BUYING IT and then complaining about it. I didn't buy it this year. It kind of sucks not having an NFL game to play, but if I'm really jonesing, I can play the damn demo and remember why I didn't buy it.

If you keep buying the game you're really wasting your time complaining because you've already spoken with your wallet and said what they want to hear - "Here's my $60."

How are we supposed to know if the game is good or not if no one buys the game?

Renting the game wouldn't have worked for me this year because I didn't discover all of the franchise killing bugs until I had invested two-weeks of gaming time into the game (and I'm not going to rent it twice only to possibly buy it later, that's like spending $80 on a game).

I'm not the type of person to come onto forums and take another persons word when it comes to video games; what bothers one guy might not be a big deal for me, so -I- have to play the game for myself and come to -my- own conclusion.

The $60 is worth the risk because if all else fails I just trade it in for the PS2 version and I'm good, but that doesn't mean I won't express my distaste when someone asks me my opinion.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 09-08-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
How are we supposed to know if the game is good or not if no one buys the game?

Renting the game wouldn't have worked for me this year because I didn't discover all of the franchise killing bugs until I had invested two-weeks of gaming time into the game (and I'm not going to rent it twice only to possibly buy it later, that's like spending $80 on a game).

I'm not the type of person to come onto forums and take another persons word when it comes to video games; what bothers one guy might not be a big deal for me, so -I- have to play the game for myself and come to -my- own conclusion.

The $60 is worth the risk because if all else fails I just trade it in for the PS2 version and I'm good, but that doesn't mean I won't express my distaste when someone asks me my opinion.
You could play the free demo and watch videos, read reviews, etc. That's all I had to do to see I wasn't impressed and that not enough had been improved from 07 for me to want it. The demo was great for getting some hands on with it (and being disappointed).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2007, 08:32 PM   #22
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
You could play the free demo and watch videos, read reviews, etc. That's all I had to do to see I wasn't impressed and that not enough had been improved from 07 for me to want it. The demo was great for getting some hands on with it (and being disappointed).
Re-read my post sir...No demo will ever allow me to play through the franchise mode and no reviewer ever goes in-depth into franchise mode when they review the game.

That's something I have to go through for myself and determine whether or not it is acceptable for me. And now that I think about it, even if I would have rented the game first I still would have bought it because for the first week-and-a-half I thought the game was great, but if you're a franchise geek (like me ) it takes a little more time before the bugs start to reveal themselves.

Bottomline is I don't see how not buying the game helps us at all, because without the hardcore community buying the game the folks reading this forum would have no idea if the full game was worth it or not; unless everyone is comfortable with relying on the casual gamer and magazine publications for impressions.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 09-08-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 17

I should clarify that not only have i NOT purchased Madden 08, I haven't even played it. I have NCAA 08 but I got it used after trading in some games to Gamestop. Got both of last year's games used as well, EA has seen none of my cash since Madden 05 (except Fight Night 3). What seems to be a common thread among just about any EA discussion is their general half-a$$ appraoch to delivering a total experience despite the company's vast resources. ESPN integration, presentation, post season presentation, comprehensive alt unis at launch, gameplay bugs (suction blocking), etc. Every year the same thing with regard to things like this and simply put there's no excuse for it. And the point of the thread is that not only does Peter Moore seem absolutely clueless about things like this, he doesn't seem particularly inclined to refine the brand......but rather just to ride the coattails of the EA shield adorning the company's products and the sales that go with it.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I should clarify that not only have i NOT purchased Madden 08, I haven't even played it. I have NCAA 08 but I got it used after trading in some games to Gamestop. Got both of last year's games used as well, EA has seen none of my cash since Madden 05 (except Fight Night 3). What seems to be a common thread among just about any EA discussion is their general half-a$$ appraoch to delivering a total experience despite the company's vast resources. ESPN integration, presentation, post season presentation, comprehensive alt unis at launch, gameplay bugs (suction blocking), etc. Every year the same thing with regard to things like this and simply put there's no excuse for it. And the point of the thread is that not only does Peter Moore seem absolutely clueless about things like this, he doesn't seem particularly inclined to refine the brand......but rather just to ride the coattails of the EA shield adorning the company's products and the sales that go with it.
You most DEFINITELY deserve a cookie. Here you go. Hard fought cookie.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »