Home

Do you like the direction EA is going?

This is a discussion on Do you like the direction EA is going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #33
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Do you like the direction EA is going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
Sure thing CowerPower.. The Steelers have 2 ints and a recovered fumble in the 1st half. There have actually been 5 total fumbles in the 1st half. Let's petition the NFL and make them patch it.
Dude....seriously,you need to give it up.Now you're making it out to be EA knew that the turnovers would be this way.....wow,and all of this during only the FIRST week.
I guess EA/Tiburon has the crystal ball and seen this coming,I guess I should give them props now....right?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #34
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I like the direction EA is going, most definitely. This year's football games are killer.
Yea killer in the fact that they KILL your desire to play it anymore.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:14 PM   #35
Rookie

muktownballer33's Arena

OVR: 5

I love the direction the game is headed. They made a ton of improvements on last years game. Now if they can clean up all the glitches in this game it will be the best madden I've ever played. The direction I love, just clean up all the bugs....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2007, 07:45 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

I HATE the direction that EA is going with their "next gen" (now current gen!) football games. 3 years going now, and the 360/ps3 versions STILL do not have better gameplay (IMO) than their ps2/xbox counterparts...this is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE, especially with the extra $10 premium we have to pay for the "flagship" versions.

Sigh, sorry for the rant but I'm just frustrated not to have a 360 nfl game AGAIN for the start of the season (2nd year in a row that I've returned it for the ps2 version before the end of preseason)...they were sooo CLOSE this year to, considering all they needed to do was actually PLAYTEST the thing (I knew by day 2 of owning this game that it was broke).

Oh well, "maybe next year" right? (although I'm not optimistic as long as Ortiz et al are still there).
Old 09-09-2007, 08:04 PM   #37
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

Honestly, I don't like the direction they're going...which is this - strip all the features from last gen and rebuild them from the ground up and try to sell it as a next gen game. People can say the gameplay is better and there's parts that I like....however, where's the hot routes, swtiching defenders to guard against the other team's best receiver? In franchise, where's the solid player progression? Free agents? Restricted and Franchise tags? How do you get them into last gen and after 3 years, can't include these features...not to mention the turnover bugs and stat bugs that are rampant in this game. Is the game fun? Sure it is for some...but it really should be better than it is
Old 09-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #38
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

I think they are getting closer to what we all want but unfortunately they will never get close enough.
We here at OS are more hardcore than the general gamer that they make the game for. So it will never be sim enough and will always have something in the game that is over the top.
If the cpu turnover issue was'nt a problem I would be enjoying the game even if it was a little short in some other areas but to me it's a game killer so I'm playing other games instead.
It's sad when the real football season just started and some of us already have to look to next years game to have a fun game of football.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toper
I HATE the direction that EA is going with their "next gen" (now current gen!) football games. 3 years going now, and the 360/ps3 versions STILL do not have better gameplay (IMO) than their ps2/xbox counterparts...this is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE, especially with the extra $10 premium we have to pay for the "flagship" versions.

Sigh, sorry for the rant but I'm just frustrated not to have a 360 nfl game AGAIN for the start of the season (2nd year in a row that I've returned it for the ps2 version before the end of preseason)...they were sooo CLOSE this year to, considering all they needed to do was actually PLAYTEST the thing (I knew by day 2 of owning this game that it was broke).

Oh well, "maybe next year" right? (although I'm not optimistic as long as Ortiz et al are still there).
Keep in mind that the current gen versions have taken years and years of refinement to get to the point they're at now. These new games are new engines and it will take time to get the optimum performance out of them. It was no different on the last console cycle and it will be no different with this one (and every cycle that comes after). Pop in the PS2 version of Madden 2001 and then pop in the PS2 Madden 2008. See a difference? Of course we do. It takes time to build an engine to its peak. I don't think many people want a last gen port for a 2nd console cycle. As time moves forward the technology will be pushed to its limit and this next gen round of games will reach its own peak.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Keep in mind that the current gen versions have taken years and years of refinement to get to the point they're at now. These new games are new engines and it will take time to get the optimum performance out of them. It was no different on the last console cycle and it will be no different with this one (and every cycle that comes after). Pop in the PS2 version of Madden 2001 and then pop in the PS2 Madden 2008. See a difference? Of course we do. It takes time to build an engine to its peak. I don't think many people want a last gen port for a 2nd console cycle. As time moves forward the technology will be pushed to its limit and this next gen round of games will reach its own peak.

The next generation Madden does not really have a new game play engine, but the graphics are better. The old generation and new generation have way too much in common to be considered a new engine built from the ground up. They did refine some things like the animations, but the game play logic is very similar to the XBOX and PS2 versions. When EA said new engine they probably meant new graphics engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »