Home

Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

This is a discussion on Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2009, 03:08 AM   #337
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Honestly, Madden 09 the game that's sucked the enthusiasm out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
^Yes...surely you know more about the "suits" at EA than Ian does...thanks for sharing this inside knowledge with us.
Instead of being rude,take a serious look at his points.
He does make some very VALID comments.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 01-28-2009, 03:18 AM   #338
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
^Yes...surely you know more about the "suits" at EA than Ian does...thanks for sharing this inside knowledge with us.
Yup thats exactly what I said... lol how about you don't put words in my mouth. But if you are going to then at least make them some what intelligent. Of course he knows more about them then any of us... WHAT A CONCEPT! Someone who works there knows more about their co workers then someone who doesn't!
But lets say this was true and EA didn't provide the Madden team with the type of money and resources they do all their other sports franchises? Do you think that Ian would come out and say "Look guys I know you want all this new stuff but I am sorry. You see my idiot boss' just don't care what you want! They said that they bought Madden so they wouldn't have to put out all this money to compete with other games. I mean we would love to bring you more commentators and all the other good stuff you have been begging use for but these morons I work for won't put out the money." I am pretty sure that Ian is a bit smarter then that.
What have you seen from Madden in the last 5 years that made you go WOW? Not to bash Ian and the guys but whenever I get Madden and my friends ask how the new one is I always find myself explaining how accurate the roster update was from the year before... But you look at games like NBA with their training facility, MLB with the custom fan chants, FIFA with multiple announce teams and even Tigger Woods with the face thing to make the player look like you. What does Madden have? Madden IQ? Come on now... Don't get me wrong I love the idea behind IQ but it is no where near as good as some of these other things. So why is it that we haven't seen anything like this for Madden? If it's not that EA just doesn't care then it must be that Ian and the guys just don't care right? I mean I would find that hard to believe seeing as Ian and Phil are on here several times a day asking for our thoughts and feedback on stuff.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 AM   #339

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Instead of being rude,take a serious look at his points.
He does make some very VALID comments.
I did and his argument for and reasons to support his argument hold no validity. He says if Ian went to his bosses and wanted to use euphoria, something that costs money to get the licensing for, they would turn him down. Based on Ian's blog about engines and other conversations, it appears that this was an illogical argument anyway but that it beyond the point.

The other improvement he mentions don't require money, just more time, again meaning what he was arguing makes no sense.

After claiming EA won't spend more money on Madden, he then goes on to compare what other games have done to compete with direct competition. With the exception of Fifa paying for an extra commentary team (something I was unaware of and I think is pretty cool), none of the other things he listed cost extra money as they are game features.

So in short, the point he was trying to make was that the "suits" at EA wouldn't spend more money, but in truth, pretty much all of the examples he gave have nothing to do with the "suits" and money, but creativity which has nothing to do with the executives.

And I may have been rude with the way I came across, for that I apologize to him, but I hate it when people presume to know what goes on behind the doors at EA. Many people here work within corporations, but few work in gaming corporations. Maybe he does, but unless it is EA he has no idea what happens behind closed doors there.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:37 AM   #340

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Additonally...And this is something that I am guessing many will disagree with me on, I assume that Madden, just like any other EA game, works with a fixed budget, and the team decided where to allocate the money.

And my guess is Madden's budget is the highest of any of their titles based on the revenue the game brings in. Obviously this is just my opinion and is where many will disagree with me because they have no competition in football gaming.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:45 AM   #341
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
I did and his argument for and reasons to support his argument hold no validity. He says if Ian went to his bosses and wanted to use euphoria, something that costs money to get the licensing for, they would turn him down. Based on Ian's blog about engines and other conversations, it appears that this was an illogical argument anyway but that it beyond the point.

The other improvement he mentions don't require money, just more time, again meaning what he was arguing makes no sense.

After claiming EA won't spend more money on Madden, he then goes on to compare what other games have done to compete with direct competition. With the exception of Fifa paying for an extra commentary team (something I was unaware of and I think is pretty cool), none of the other things he listed cost extra money as they are game features.

So in short, the point he was trying to make was that the "suits" at EA wouldn't spend more money, but in truth, pretty much all of the examples he gave have nothing to do with the "suits" and money, but creativity which has nothing to do with the executives.

And I may have been rude with the way I came across, for that I apologize to him, but I hate it when people presume to know what goes on behind the doors at EA. Many people here work within corporations, but few work in gaming corporations. Maybe he does, but unless it is EA he has no idea what happens behind closed doors there.
None of that new technology costs money? Really? You think all that stuff came free to EA? Come on man nothing in life is free. It costs money to build a training facility. Whatever new technology was used to make it cost them money. The extra programers cost them money. If they were to put in 3 different announce crews a pregame, halftime and postgame show they would have to pay all the different tv personalities. Everything cost money my friend. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 togeather... EA buys the NFL wrights after 2k came out with probably the best football game ever. Since then Madden has not made any strides what so ever!
I don't understand... We have been asking Madden to give us better game play, more announce crews, updated franchise along with a TON of other things for about 5 years now and the list is only getting longer! Explain to me why none of this has happened if they truly do care what we want? Explain to me how all this would be free for EA? I just don't understand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 03:48 AM   #342
Rookie

Quote:
Additonally...And this is something that I am guessing many will disagree with me on, I assume that Madden, just like any other EA game, works with a fixed budget, and the team decided where to allocate the money.

And my guess is Madden's budget is the highest of any of their titles based on the revenue the game brings in. Obviously this is just my opinion and is where many will disagree with me because they have no competition in football gaming.
If thats true then Ian is pocketing all that money! lol... All the other EA games seem to take large strides and have new inovations every year but we can't even get an upgraded Franchise or Superstar mode... lol
Old 01-28-2009, 04:15 AM   #343
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTown
If thats true then Ian is pocketing all that money! lol... All the other EA games seem to take large strides and have new inovations every year but we can't even get an upgraded Franchise or Superstar mode... lol
Upgraded FRanchise and Superstar mode????...Are you on crack???...Don't you realize that none of that matters when the CORE game is in shambles?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:50 AM   #344
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Just as a quick aside...the point about multiple announcing crews is a different animal when speaking of FIFA. They are various international crews made available as this game is internationally popular. The multiple crews people have asked for would be a different money and availablity issue than what they dealt with in FIFA.

Anyway, back to the regulary scheduled argument

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »