Home

Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

This is a discussion on Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #57
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Good thought, but you're actually incorrect here. What you don't realize is that WE DID the exact same thing that you are requesting. We scrapped physics, rendering, AI, and animation engines (as well as all sound systems) when we moved to 360, and lo and behold Madden 06 is actually the fruit of that labor. We ran out of time on physics and much of AI rewrites, so a lot of that stuff got ported in like the final few weeks of the project. And all the complaints on all the missing game modes and features? That's what happens when you scrap everything. NBA 2k and games of that nature just improved in bits and pieces...which is a much better approach when you're dealing with games of our magnitude. Backbreaker is starting from one thing - a physics demo. I have no idea whether they'll deliver good audio or any game modes or online play or any of the other major things expected to create a AAA title nowadays. I actually hope they do...I like competition.
Well think of it this way Ian, when the new generation of Consoles comes out, EA will have have a leg up on 2K because by then, 2K will have to have a new engine. And since EA has the newer engine, they can port it over like 2k did on the 360.

Oh and I will bet anyone $100 That backbreaker will be a a Arcade game similar to Blitz. From the Demo i saw, Every single hit was a WWE Tackle. Im sure at some point when the BB engine will be capable of playing a good game of football but we are pretty far away from that right now.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 8

Just one question if you can answer. Why can't your Giants let us win one?

Seriously, could you talk about the decision to go to 60 fps. I think most of us understand the effects in animation but is there anything that doing the game in 60 fps prevents you from doing?

I ask because as far as the players and scale I think things looked better. I actually thought there was more control even though it wasn't as tight as it is now.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Well think of it this way Ian, when the new generation of Consoles comes out, EA will have have a leg up on 2K because by then, 2K will have to have a new engine. And since EA has the newer engine, they can port it over like 2k did on the 360.
2K's engine is already near perfect, they just need to tweak it. Madden just needs to start from scratch again. They say it was new for Madden 06 for next gen...yet it still looks and plays 90% the same as it did in Madden 2005 on PS2 and XBOX. They might have remade the engine...but they remade it the same way it was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Oh and I will bet anyone $100 That backbreaker will be a a Arcade game similar to Blitz. From the Demo i saw, Every single hit was a WWE Tackle. Im sure at some point when the BB engine will be capable of playing a good game of football but we are pretty far away from that right now.
Gee ya think? Nobody can make an NFL game except EA...The people who like competition. Yet has none because they own the license. BB still looks bada** for what it will be though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
...I like competition.

Last edited by ImagiNationFreak; 11-30-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagiNationFreak
2K's engine is already near perfect, they just need to tweak it. Madden just needs to start from scratch again. They say it was new for Madden 06 for next gen...yet it still looks and plays 90% the same as it did in Madden 2005 on PS2 and XBOX. They might have remade the engine...but they remade it the same way it was before.
Please go read my latest blog post.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #61
Banned

WOW good one.

I just call it an "engine" because that's what they call it in IGN reviews and Gamespot reviews and so forth.

Who cares what it is called...It's broken, fix it!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
Just one question if you can answer. Why can't your Giants let us win one?

Seriously, could you talk about the decision to go to 60 fps. I think most of us understand the effects in animation but is there anything that doing the game in 60 fps prevents you from doing?

I ask because as far as the players and scale I think things looked better. I actually thought there was more control even though it wasn't as tight as it is now.
The main thing that 60fps limits is graphical details / bells & whistles. For every frame that is drawn, by going from 30 to 60 you only have half the 'milliseconds' to draw stuff. All those crazy details like the stitching on the jerseys and the flake on the helmets and the fire extinguishers in the stadiums were all pared back or removed to make the jump.

The trade-off is better player control (input responding more often - 60 times per second instead of 30) and just overall a smoother feel to the game.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagiNationFreak
WOW good one.

I just called it an "engine" because that's what they call it in IGN reviews and Gamespot reviews and so forth.

Who cares what it is called...It's broken, Fix it!!!!!!!!!!
Again...the blog makes the point about specifics...I really have no clue what you mean when you say "fix the engine".
Old 11-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #64
Banned

Actually I said..."Who cares what it is called...It's broken, fix it!!!!!!!!"

Your Gameplay "System" needs fixed, better???????

Everyone has to refer to it as whatever you think it is or it will be overlooked.

Ian right, everyone else wrong.

Last edited by ImagiNationFreak; 11-30-2008 at 03:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »