Home

Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

This is a discussion on Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2008, 03:22 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with the part I put in bold. Maybe GRAPHICALLY it looks great, but seriously, the gameplay and overall interactions suck as it is now. When people make remarks like this, I just have to think WTH.....I really don't get it.
I agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2008, 03:40 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
...just imagine what things would be like if things were 100% silent from EA still.
No offence Ian, but we have ... and it's Madden 09.
Your patch did little or nothing and we got no DLC.

So far, the only thing your input has given us is someone to biotch to and hope (albeit a leap of hope) for Madden 2010.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #43
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree with the part I put in bold. Maybe GRAPHICALLY it looks great, but seriously, the gameplay and overall interactions suck as it is now. When people make remarks like this, I just have to think WTH.....I really don't get it.

And yet you fail to tell me the better football sim. You disagree but you havent backed it up. ANY sim you mention, anyway, i will link you the forums where they cried like babies about it. Just like you guys are doing now.
Its when I see posts like this I have to say wtf!? (sound familiar?)

Ive been around alot longer than most of you and i can tell you that YOU'LL NEVER BE HAPPY. Ive seen it all before.

Savannah, GA

Last edited by OJsakila; 11-30-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #44
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

I hope we can get a franchise "purist" that will have input on this game. Franchise is and always will be Madden's bread and butter. No reason for franchise on old gen consoles being better than next gen consoles considering the price being charged for games and consoles.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:19 AM   #45
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey76
I hope we can get a franchise "purist" that will have input on this game. Franchise is and always will be Madden's bread and butter. No reason for franchise on old gen consoles being better than next gen consoles considering the price being charged for games and consoles.
agreed. Franchise mode has to become deeper to allow gamers to get lost in their own "fantasy world".

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey76

Didn't they say one of the Head Coach 09 franchise guys moved to madden. if he can get even half of the franchise options that game had into madden 10, it would be a huge addition. Franchise in that game was real deepand had some nice innovations like players had to learn playbook, free agency was more then just sign a guy I want, had to actually scout guys to know who to draft, guys overalls changed based on your schemes, etc.

Not telling you guys anything you didn't know just saying they sound like they taking right approoach. I'm taking a wait n see approach on madden, but won't hate or knock a product that isn't even close to finished.

Yeah past games weren't what we thought they were going to be, but just give the guys a chance. until Ian comes on here and promises something that isn't in the game I won't knock him. Can't blame him for the faults of guys before him, thats not his fault. Nowthe game isn't perfect and we know that, but at same time I don't think its as bad as some of you think. yeah the issues are there and they can be huge at times, but never played a game that didn't have issues. Even 2K5, which some believe is the holy grail of football gaming, had some serious issues. Preseason trade issue was horrrible. If someone said maaden 10 preseason is unplayable because there are alot of unrealistic trades in preseason people would be up in arms but 2K5 gets a pass for whatever reason.

Sorry bout the long post, just saying until you condemn the game or crown it as one of the best let it come out and judge for yourself. Everyone has likes and dislikes. there are games that were suppost to be awful I loved while others hated and vice versa. Judge for yourself and I don't look at is as $60 thrown away. I look at it as did I get entertainment and enjoyment out of it to warrant $60. If I can say that then no biggie, If I can't then its a bad investment. but not end of the world either.

Give them a chance then pass judgement
Old 11-30-2008, 11:02 AM   #47
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

i am hopeful as well for 2010 thanks to Ian's interaction here, but my main concern is still the fact that Ian/EA still need to be told the most obvious of football presentation and animation details of what we would like to see.

Up until this point they refused to copy/borrow/steal any aspects of the 2K series while knowing it is what we want. (Even last Gen Madden is closer to what we want, and they don't seen to realize that)

While I appreciate Ian here, I just get the feeling Ian is not a true football guy, otherwise he would already know what the game should look and feel like.

We should not have to tell him what a real spin looks like, or how the crowd should be involved, or how the coverage interaction on the field should look like..
This is what is concerns me the most about ever getting the game we want.

I have no doubt that Tiburon has a bunch of talented developers working on the Next-Gen Madden, but they do not appear to know how real football is supposed to look and feel.

Its like we need a few guys from this site to sit there with the programmers to make sure they get it right this time, otherwise I honestly don't have much faith, until I'm proven otherwise.

Last edited by boooey; 11-30-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:04 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila
And yet you fail to tell me the better football sim. You disagree but you havent backed it up. ANY sim you mention, anyway, i will link you the forums where they cried like babies about it. Just like you guys are doing now.
Its when I see posts like this I have to say wtf!? (sound familiar?)

Ive been around alot longer than most of you and i can tell you that YOU'LL NEVER BE HAPPY. Ive seen it all before.
I'm happy with ESPN 2K5...The better sim. I don't see anyone "crying", just a lot of pi**ed off people who are tired of playing the same thing every year. Tired of having to come on here after a month and try to explain how things need fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »