Home

Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

This is a discussion on Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2008, 11:00 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

I greatly appreciate that Ian is here and is listening. But there's only so much he can do between now and August. Also, Madden has not been known for groundbreaking gameplay since pre-exclusivity. So forgive some of us for not sharing in your joy. I'm hopeful, yes, but not overly excited yet. Let me see some preview screens/videos, then I'll see.

It's like trying to paint a Picasso with one hand tied behind your back----Ian is going to be limited on what he can do. But we shall see, won't we.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:08 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 25

Moegames, are you sure it isn't the thanks giving booze that is making you feel better about Madden 2010?
Old 11-28-2008, 03:16 AM   #11
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I am cautiously optimistic about madden 2010. Madden has thoroughly disappointed me on Next gen. If EA were to overhaul the presentation and make it feel like a real NFL Broadcast I will be back on board, but as of Right now, I will be going the way of Gamefly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2008, 05:02 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 11

the only thing that will make me feel good about madden 2010 is if they started from scratch with the animations, blocking and atmosphere. No amount of "branching" animation techniques will ever make up for player warping and TERRIBLE blocking.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Im feeling really good about Madden 2010 and so should you!

I agree that until madden is rebuilt from the floor up then it will never be "that game" that we've been waiting for from them. Consider this....EA has had more than a decade of online play and mass consumer feedback (starting with online play on the PC and the early community sites/forums) to use to improve the game. Wanna know what the main complaints were back in 98 when I first went online on the PC?

1.Improved franchise
2.Reduced bugs/glitches/AI exploits
3.Deeper online franchise capability(yes they had online franchises 10 years ago)
4.More realistic animations

Sound familair? If anyone thinks EA is going to just turn out some vastly improved game in 2010 then you are nothing short of foolish. This game looks alot better since the late 90s and improvements have been made to be sure, but it is still fundamentally flawed in the same areas it was 10 years ago.

But hey, we love football and Madden is the only game in town so on they march. I appreciate Ian as much as anyone but the dev team was all over the net 10 years ago too, and we all felt like if they were getting this involved with the community then the game would soon improve by leaps and bounds.

This dev team activity is nothing new and, if experience is any indication, it will be some other guy in 2-3 years posting in these or similar forums telling us how he wants to do everything better and how it's all going to change.....

blah. rinse and repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 11-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
I agree that until madden is rebuilt from the floor up then it will never be "that game" that we've been waiting for from them. Consider this....EA has had more than a decade of online play and mass consumer feedback (starting with online play on the PC and the early community sites/forums) to use to improve the game. Wanna know what the main complaints were back in 98 when I first went online on the PC?

1.Improved franchise
2.Reduced bugs/glitches/AI exploits
3.Deeper online franchise capability(yes they had online franchises 10 years ago)
4.More realistic animations

Sound familair? If anyone thinks EA is going to just turn out some vastly improved game in 2010 then you are nothing short of foolish. This game looks alot better since the late 90s and improvements have been made to be sure, but it is still fundamentally flawed in the same areas it was 10 years ago.

But hey, we love football and Madden is the only game in town so on they march. I appreciate Ian as much as anyone but the dev team was all over the net 10 years ago too, and we all felt like if they were getting this involved with the community then the game would soon improve by leaps and bounds.

This dev team activity is nothing new and, if experience is any indication, it will be some other guy in 2-3 years posting in these or similar forums telling us how he wants to do everything better and how it's all going to change.....

blah. rinse and repeat.
I didn't know that. I thought Ian's interaction with the community was something new;I just hope he makes a difference. He seems very committed to the OS community to make "the game" for 2010. He's heard our requests,he's seen our complaints, and now the ball's in his court to improve Madden.
As far as your last statement, I hope that doesn't become the case. And if it is, it would be great to respond with something like "Don't change a thing, this is the game we've been waiting for!"
Old 11-28-2008, 01:13 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 22

My point wasnt about getting a brand new engine built from scratch to be mentally satisfied, ..im aware that would be impossible at this point, although YEAH that would be awesome but that dont automatically mean we would have a better madden, surely you dont think that do ya? Actually that would be taking a step backwards at this point...What NEEDED to be done are the developers taking note of idea's, input,etc from the "real" gamers, the hardcore gamers like us in here..letting us be the testers is the ONLY way to give us a game that we want..and in a sense..we are the TESTERS or the core gamers giving feedback to improve the game.. ..giving input, idea's and suggestions directly to the developers...you can build a new engine from scratch every year and it would be nothing if they are not hearing our input and idea's...correct me if im wrong.

Two heads are always better then one..so the more people giving input idea's and the more the dev's are in here reading and talking with us sharing idea's and what not..the better the game will be, communication is the key here people... the reason why the average human being is 35% more intelligent now days is because of this thing we use daily called the "internet"... this era of the internet/communication has and will continue to make many things better because people can share idea's more rapidly and at a greater degree...correct me if im wrong. This idea of developers mingling around in message boards with the core gamers will INDEED make their product better..correct me if im wrong.... "real" game testers will be a thing of the past before too long, why? Because forums like OS in here are actually better in giving feedback, input, idea's,etc then getting a handful of game testers in a studio sitting at a desk testing a game. Some developers are just now testing the waters with this method.. like the COD4 and COD5 beta token's,etc..although very limited right now, i feel in the future more and more developers will start using this method as their way to beta test their games for bugs, flaws,etc before release date...digital distribution will be mainstream soon...for many things including beta testing pre released/alpha/beta games

I dont think some of you guys are seeing the "light" here

. All im saying is that... We (the community here) have had alot of input and suggestions shared with the developers so far "during" the development time of Madden 2010 (which is right now) that is my point...we should feel GOOD about that..that we actually are helping make madden a "better" game and not to take any credit away from Ian,Phil and the crew... because they are the people that actually implement the improvements...just the fact that we are able to give our own input and suggestions and the fact that they are listening and considering our own idea's is freaking awesome ...thats all im saying.

The fact that the members in here are actually helping make Madden better is a damn good feeling to me... if thats not the same feeling your getting, well thats fine everyone is different but this is just how im looking at it. You know, life is much much easier on you if you can keep a positive outlook on things even the little things such as videogames. So maybe my sense/peace of mind is different then some of you guys...

I feel good that we are being heard...dont you guys? Im also feeling good that i know that we are helping make Madden better...dont you guys?

Thats all im saying....I rest my case

Last edited by Moegames; 11-28-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide

blah. rinse and repeat.
Huh?

There was an EA company-wide policy stating that no one could interact on forums until Phil and I just broke that mold this year. I've worked on Madden since Madden 2001 and not once has anyone been interacting with the community.

Can you give me some examples here because I have no recollection of anyone doing this before us at EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »