Home

RE: The First NCAA Image

This is a discussion on RE: The First NCAA Image within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #33
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The First NCAA Image

Motion and how it actually looks at a proper camera angle are obviously more important, yes. Level of Detail as the camera view commands more polygons is the key, balanced with frame rate of course. Great looking player models at close range offers no real indication as to how great the players will look when the camera view isn't allowing for 99% of visible polygons to be dedicated to the player model.

If I were to be completely honest, I think the last thing that needs improving in Madden is technical aspects to the graphics. Improve the model realism respective to human beings, the animations, etc, but I wouldn't cry if 10 didn't touch the lighting, the poly count, or the textures at all (even if some could use being higher res) as long as AI and gameplay improved a lot.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #34
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I have liked the Graphics for the past few years, If you guys would have kept last years graphics I would have been fine with that just as long as the Presentation/Atmosphere improve.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:38 AM   #35
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

That looks great. I'm really anticipating the first Madden 2010 screen since Ian said Madden looks better (which is probably true since Madden has always looked better than NCAA... but man... how much better could it possibly be lol?).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 01:03 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
And I know it doesn't need to be said again but with the player looking more real than ever it would be a crime if they still animate like robots.
Yes it does need to be said again and I agree completely.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:08 AM   #37
All Star

OVR: 33

If the graphics can get better each year, then damn the devs should work on graphics.

I want eventually photorealistic graphics yeah.

The game doesn't have to focus 100% of its resource into gameplay and online.

I'm sure those dudes in the art department have no idea how to program an animation.

Have you seen these guys veins when they are straining? Its not all that unrealistic.

When tense and stressed, these veins are friggin popping out of the players. Although it may be a bit overdone, you can still see veins on some players.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #38
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Great graphics......but there are soooooo many more things that need to be addressed in NCAA. NCAA 09 from a gameplay perspective was complete joke.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz

It's still early, but I'd like to know if we'll actually get SCENES like this during the game. The one thing that has frustrated me since Tiburon decided to cut out cutscenes, is that you never see shots like this in the game. Hopefully they've figured out that it was a bad idea to cut these sorts of things since it helped to destroy presentation, and we'll actually see shots like this in the live game and not just in photos.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #40
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Peter Moore will likely be revealing the first Madden screenshot. And if I had to guess, one might expect this screenshot some time around mid-March.

Phil

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »