Home

RE: The First NCAA Image

This is a discussion on RE: The First NCAA Image within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: The First NCAA Image

Why wait until then? Mid-March is quite a while. Is Ncaa really that far ahead in terms of development?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Why wait until then? Mid-March is quite a while. Is Ncaa really that far ahead in terms of development?
I could've sworn I heard from a dev once that NCAA closes up production sometime in May, which would mean that they're about to enter the home stretch shortly.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #43
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Wow? Mid-March is just a little over a month away. That's not too long bud.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #44
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I could've sworn I heard from a dev once that NCAA closes up production sometime in May, which would mean that they're about to enter the home stretch shortly.
That's probably accurate considering that Madden goes gold about 2 months prior to release. If NCAA follows the same schedule, and the game releases in July, May sounds about right for completion.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 27

I've been reading some stuff in different place where people are calling the photo out saying it's a CG concept drawing. I personally don't think so... I'm sure EA learned their lesson on what that can do to public perception after the "Madden Next Gen" video.

I bet the game will look like this up close when you zoom in during a replay... but I'm still curious as to whether they will have these scenes appear in the game finally. Whether it be during cutscenes or auto-replays, shots like that would be a game-changer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
If you haven't seen it

Now while the Graphics look very nice. One thing annoys me that took away from Madden 09 as well for me. And that one thing is the white "glow" around the players. Makes them look almost photoshopped in to the field. I knwo it is supposed to be reflection from the sun and lights but it just looks unnatural and out of place.
Thats because it is "photoshopped". You wont see that "in-game". Its about as real as the EA Sports "NEXT GEN" video teaser years back.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:51 AM   #47
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolmaddenfanz27
Thats because it is "photoshopped". You wont see that "in-game". Its about as real as the EA Sports "NEXT GEN" video teaser years back.
You would know since you work for ea.

As far as I'm concerned its a real shot. You do not released a photoshop shot like that, it evades all marketing strategy.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:38 AM   #48
All Star

OVR: 33

To quote OMT, ncaa football designer "If anyone is wondering if that has been touched up in Photoshop, I suspected it at first... but then I went into instant replay on my build and zoomed in on a similar shot... that is a straight up screenshot, guys. No Shopping necessary."

And to quote Raczilla who is Ea's community manager "OMT is correct. It definitely hasn't been touched up. Promise."

and from Michael Young, Art Director of Madden and NCAA "
Hey gang,

I'm Mike Young AD of NCAA and Madden. This is the real deal. No photoshop. I am actually not stoked that this image was sent out, since the materials in the scene are not tuned at all. No fear the players will not look like plastic and the helmet reflections will be more realistic then ever."

From the NCAA forums on OS.

Last edited by Exonerated; 02-14-2009 at 08:41 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »