Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Momentum

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Player Momentum within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Latest Madden NFL 10 blog: Player Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
User and CPU share the same model.
Cool. Did anything ever come of the idea to limit the CPU to human reaction times?
Old 03-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #90
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Yeah, I expected to see much more cutting & less turning. No way I want to be responsible for decelerating to see a cut animation. I'd prefer the deceleration be automatic when you attempt to change direction. This is not what I was hoping for.

So, for those who play Super Star mode and pick a WR, when they run their routes, they'll have to decelerate before breaks?

And ghostlight, I too want a modifier similar to FIFA or NBA 2K. Maybe when using it, a player could run more under control in preparation for cuts & such.
Nah, I actually like having to decelerate first. Seems more realistic, and overall requires more skill, IMO. It's the right kind of player input needed (for a football game). Not everything should be automatic.

Last edited by LAKE4742; 03-16-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #91
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8

Yo Ian have you ever been making one of these videos and ran too far off the grid, and gotten lost in the Green Abyss?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #92
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Nah, I actually like having to decelerate first. Seems more realistic, and overall requires more skill, IMO. It's the right kind of player input needed (for a football game). Not everything should be automatic.
Agreed. You should have to plan your cuts, breaks in advance and have to implement your strategy accordingly.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankz225
What does this have to do with Player Momentum? You've asked this 3 times in this thread already.
why beacuse it pissing me off as fan i have season tickets for the giants and they have 12th man. and the crowd plays a huge part in football games. if their not going to have crowd then why have the stadium?? in madden 10.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:51 PM   #94
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby
Yo Ian have you ever been making one of these videos and ran too far off the grid, and gotten lost in the Green Abyss?
Haha lol. Great question.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #95
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm with BeZo with having a Fifa-style gas/break setup with the triggers. I like having stuff tied to left stick waggles, but you should have to slow to a realistic speed to pull them off, based on ratings.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I honestly felt the same way when I watched the video. Something seemed a little off. It looks miles better than 09, mind you, but it could still use some tuning. Still a good addition, I couldn't stand the quick twitch nonsense turns from the previous editions.

I'm looking forward to the blog on momentum used in collisions.

Ian good stuff..

It's hard to stay positive about Madden knowing alot needs to be done within a year. But you guys seem like your headed in the right direction.. While this blog about momentum was good info, im with this guy monkeybutlerz. I'm really hoping to see momentum used in collisions! When a small RB hits a huge DT, or a big bruising RB like BJacobs hits a small CB. I want to feel the weight differences when tackling, you know what i mean? I hate how Madden 09 you can run with a Huge RB and a small safety or CB knocks the hell out of you backwards. OR a small 170 pd RB knocks over a huge 320 pd DT! I would love to see a player struggle for more yards when being hit by a defensive player as he goes for a tackle, instead of a player making a tackle and all of a sudden splat! plays done. Tackling and momentum collision system needs work too. Please would love to hear about collision momentum soon. thx.

Last edited by NYGmen56; 03-16-2009 at 08:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »