Home

People are beginning to panic...

This is a discussion on People are beginning to panic... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: People are beginning to panic...

panic....fear.....naw i dont think so.....excitement.....optimism......hope......skep ticism....maybe more along those lines imo....but we're all intitled to our own right
Old 03-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #10
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
It's business as usual here on the OS boards. You'll soon understand that a lot of these guys on here are like a pack of wolves, just waiting for the right time to make a move on their prey.

Ian and the guys are now in crunch time, they're working their butts off to get the game to beta. People need to realize that they're not going to have that much time to spend on these boards anymore. I'm ok with silence, because it reassures me that they're hard at work trying to make us a kick *** game.

I haven't sensed any panic, I'm not sure where you got that from. But then again, I've been on these boards long enough to know that people are always anxious for responses. They expect immediate answers to their every questions, if not then the devs are hiding something....It gets ridiculous after a while....

Like I said, it's business as usual.
I see what you're saying. And no, I haven't been here all that long. I'm a Madden Mania refugee. That board was much different. This board seems to have many variations of opinion, whereas Madden Mania had two deeply entrenched camps:

Pro Ea
and
Anti Ea

The Pro Ea guys were mostly the younger kids, the one's who liked scoring 100 points every game and didn't care about realism. The Anti Ea guys were the one's who kept getting beat by the cheezy little kids and wanted a more realistic game so they could get the upper hand.

Now that's a generalization, and I realize there were more opinions than that, but for the most part people over there fit into one of those two categories. Neither side ever seemed swayed one way or the other, unlike OS where the mood seems to change daily.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #11
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
What did I miss?

Where's the panic coming from? NCAA boards or Madden?
Alot of it was in all those threads that just got jacked over to the "wishlist" forum because people felt like you weren't responding to them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
What did I miss?

Where's the panic coming from? NCAA boards or Madden?
ICI Monsieur
Old 03-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 26

"Anger, fear, regret these are what lead to the Dark Side"
Old 03-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Oh yeah, and that too...
Old 03-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #15
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
I see what you're saying. And no, I haven't been here all that long. I'm a Madden Mania refugee. That board was much different. This board seems to have many variations of opinion, whereas Madden Mania had two deeply entrenched camps:

Pro Ea
and
Anti Ea

The Pro Ea guys were mostly the younger kids, the one's who liked scoring 100 points every game and didn't care about realism. The Anti Ea guys were the one's who kept getting beat by the cheezy little kids and wanted a more realistic game so they could get the upper hand.

Now that's a generalization, and I realize there were more opinions than that, but for the most part people over there fit into one of those two categories. Neither side ever seemed swayed one way or the other, unlike OS where the mood seems to change daily.
Well it's not THAT different over here.....There are a lot of users that are still anti-EA people. But most of our guys here are mature people who only care about one thing, the success of Madden 10.

You're going to notice a lot of panicking up until release. You'll get used to it.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Ahh...gotcha.

Well, IMO, I don't think it's a good idea to panic about Madden over an NCAA video. We are different teams and different games...I think it would be smart to wait to make judgment on our game until you've actually seen a Madden video.

We are sharing a lot of low level gameplay code but we're also NOT sharing a lot of stuff this year...the games feel quite different from each other right now, though I don't know how much of that will be the same when we ship. Even if pursuit logic is shared (on containing vs. attacking or what have you), that doesn't mean things don't play out totally different based on momentum, play design, turn rates, etc.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »