Home

People are beginning to panic...

This is a discussion on People are beginning to panic... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: People are beginning to panic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Alot of it was in all those threads that just got jacked over to the "wishlist" forum because people felt like you weren't responding to them...
Maybe I should clarify officially somewhere that my presence will lessen as we try to finish the game. When I get home at night I have two options - work on the game some more or go to the forums. As we get closer to shipping I will probably vanish from here to get the game done...I think you all probably know that's the right decision to make.

Well, I guess there is also a third option, I could spend time with my wife.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:32 PM   #18
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Hey Ian, any idea what next week's blog will be about?
Old 03-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm no genius on how to make video games great but I think these guys are doing on hell of a job trying to. They're trying to fix the fundamental errors in this game, you know the part we usually complain about. Until they fix that then you make up something different to complain about. They keep giving us blogs EVERY week with new information and about all these great things when it comes to presenting football in the most realistic way yet we still complain. Not only that but there hasn't been the "major" announcements yet and there still more blogs about other details I'm sure.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Ian, this year I look forward to Madden and I am thinking about not even touching NCAA at during launch.

I probably will since I have to play me some football. But this year seems like Madden is going to be a 10/10.

― Plato
Old 03-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #21
Rookie

ryby6969's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Ahh...gotcha.

Well, IMO, I don't think it's a good idea to panic about Madden over an NCAA video. We are different teams and different games...I think it would be smart to wait to make judgment on our game until you've actually seen a Madden video.

We are sharing a lot of low level gameplay code but we're also NOT sharing a lot of stuff this year...the games feel quite different from each other right now, though I don't know how much of that will be the same when we ship. Even if pursuit logic is shared (on containing vs. attacking or what have you), that doesn't mean things don't play out totally different based on momentum, play design, turn rates, etc.
To be honest, I think most people are just concerned that even if all this is fixed, it won't matter much if the A.I. isn't fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 39

I am 10X more worried about NCAA than I am about Madden. Madden seems to be in good shape.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #23
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Ahh...gotcha.

Well, IMO, I don't think it's a good idea to panic about Madden over an NCAA video. We are different teams and different games...I think it would be smart to wait to make judgment on our game until you've actually seen a Madden video.

We are sharing a lot of low level gameplay code but we're also NOT sharing a lot of stuff this year...the games feel quite different from each other right now, though I don't know how much of that will be the same when we ship. Even if pursuit logic is shared (on containing vs. attacking or what have you), that doesn't mean things don't play out totally different based on momentum, play design, turn rates, etc.
There was a great thread about run support logic, fill/spill/force/support assignments. I know you can't jam all that in there, but it would be nice to know there are more complex defensive assignments than just "rush left, rush right, rush middle".
Old 03-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #24
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Well Im pretty sure theres no Owners involved.
I still say take everything from PS2 games and use PS3/360 graphics
and itd be great.But no Owners another year.

No fear here .Ive come to expect it from you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWFC5MXX-6E

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »