Home

Option to have CPU kick FG's

This is a discussion on Option to have CPU kick FG's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Option to have CPU kick FG's

this one's tough, but I wouldn't mind an option to be able to let the cpu auto-kick. I do think kicking is waaaay too easy. just point down and slam it and it's in every time. even 53 yard FGs feel easy.

the idea to choose the holder is AWESOME! i dont know how the button/stick motion would work, but i'm sure we could figure something out for that. let us do the holding or the kick, or both, whatever, but that would be pretty cool. you never see a bad hold in madden. that would be hilarious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 9

why not just pause, [super-sim next play] or change of possession if you hate doing kick offs too. that's pretty much what you want right? maybe they can add[ed] [watch next play] ???
Old 04-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
why not just pause, [super-sim next play] or change of possession if you hate doing kick offs too. that's pretty much what you want right? maybe they can add[ed] [watch next play] ???
The bigger issue is the fact as a human Madden's kicking system is almost impossible to miss with. Why should we be forced to sim a play just to get realistic gameplay? At least the CPU does miss kicks so I would be for letting them do it.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:00 PM   #28
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
If you could watch it then it would work out but you can only sim it I think.

I love this idea though. Hopefully they implement it in 2011 unless there is still time.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #29
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

But how would a kicker then progress past his current rating, if he can only kick as well as his ratings indicate? If I put Rhys Lloyd as my kicker after John Kasay retires, I would miss 70% of my FGs because of his accuracy (he has a leg on him though!)...so he would never get any better because he would have REALLy bad statistics...but if I kick with him, with a revamped kicking system, I could make some that he would miss, but also miss sometimes.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
But how would a kicker then progress past his current rating, if he can only kick as well as his ratings indicate? If I put Rhys Lloyd as my kicker after John Kasay retires, I would miss 70% of my FGs because of his accuracy (he has a leg on him though!)...so he would never get any better because he would have REALLy bad statistics...but if I kick with him, with a revamped kicking system, I could make some that he would miss, but also miss sometimes.
You just made the arguement about progression stats right there...One side of the ball says players put up numbers then they get better...The other side says they already had the ablity to perform at that level so they shouldnt get better just because they put up good numbers(they get better from coaching,training ect ect)

Hence why if we let madden play itself and let players get better from production it is a broken system. Because they already had the stats to produce the way they did...Makes you think huh?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #31
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Chicken or the egg? Did they rush for 1000+ yards because they had the talent, or did they have the talent because they rushed for 1000+ yards...

I hate chicken or egg scenarios.

But in all reality, I don't mind letting the CPU kick, as long as they are smarter than CPU punters...nothing would make me more irrate than missing a chip shot because the player has a low accuracy...ANY kicker in the NFL makes a chip shot (with the exception of Scott Norwood...and maybe Vanderjagt)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 39

No i want to be able to kick field goals....it just needs more difficulty added based on ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »