Home

Shotgun Formation in Madden 10.

This is a discussion on Shotgun Formation in Madden 10. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Shotgun Formation in Madden 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
Is pantherbeast Ian's wife or something?
It's a possibility. I doubt it though.
At least this thread isn't bashing on Ian or the devs.
Just constructive criticism for a change.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

westbrook looks like hes behind the tackle.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
Slightly = 1-2 yards off at least.
Makes a noticeable difference.
Yeah it's quite ridiculous, 1 to 2 yards can mean an unfair extra amount of time for a quarterback to make a read. Please fix this EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
westbrook looks like hes behind the tackle.
Yes, I know. That's the only one that's really accurate. That's why I showed it. I highly doubt every team in the NFL has that same Shotgun as the Eagles.

Hence why I've shown 6 different teams all with pretty much the same backfield setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zayiaf62089
Yeah it's quite ridiculous, 1 to 2 yards can mean an unfair extra amount of time for a quarterback to make a read. Please fix this EA!
I agree. This could be extremely annoying when playing the CPU, since they're nearly invincible... As of 09.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

This one does make a difference. 5 yards back is the proper depth. Two yards back in a game where the DL already doesn't take the proper angles can spell trouble for the defense. If the DL rushed wide, 7 yards back at the snap plus the usual Madden player's automatic 7 yard dropback would equal a sack. It may not work that way in this alignment.

It's too early to say what kind of an impact the depth will actually have, but it is definitely off. Seems like it'd be an easy fix, but the team is probably swamped with a million other more important things like real, legit bug squashing.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
This one does make a difference. 5 yards back is the proper depth. Two yards back in a game where the DL already doesn't take the proper angles can spell trouble for the defense. If the DL rushed wide, 7 yards back at the snap plus the usual Madden player's automatic 7 yard dropback would equal a sack. It may not work that way in this alignment.

It's too early to say what kind of an impact the depth will actually have, but it is definitely off. Seems like it'd be an easy fix, but the team is probably swamped with a million other more important things like real, legit bug squashing.
Idk, I feel like this is definitely something that would/should be addressed if it is technically wrong. EA has been on the ball with fixing all of the "wrong" things in Madden.
What baffles me is how in '09 it looked fine. But in '10 it looks bad.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

To me this is something that may not effect gameplay all that much. If it does then it should be worked on, but with the RB a foot or two off from his placement. There are also many variables to how a team can lineup in the shotgun, and the "Traditional" placement is with the back just a step in to the QB, closer to the line (if you google "shotgun formation" most of the diagrams are like that). Now, obviously, not every team runs it that way, etc.

Also, to count the yards, it seems like in most of the pics, it's either 5 yards or 6 yards from the LOS. THe one that looks like 7 with the Steelers may be because Ben looks to still be in the "approaching the line" animation, with how he is looking around.

Generally though, as long as this doesn't have a significant or noticeable effect on gameplay, I can live with the RB's being a foot or two to the right/left. Good analysis though w/ the pics and descriptions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
To me this is something that may not effect gameplay all that much. If it does then it should be worked on, but with the RB a foot or two off from his placement. There are also many variables to how a team can lineup in the shotgun, and the "Traditional" placement is with the back just a step in to the QB, closer to the line (if you google "shotgun formation" most of the diagrams are like that). Now, obviously, not every team runs it that way, etc.

Also, to count the yards, it seems like in most of the pics, it's either 5 yards or 6 yards from the LOS. THe one that looks like 7 with the Steelers may be because Ben looks to still be in the "approaching the line" animation, with how he is looking around.

Generally though, as long as this doesn't have a significant or noticeable effect on gameplay, I can live with the RB's being a foot or two to the right/left. Good analysis though w/ the pics and descriptions.
I'm aware that each team has their own variations. But as I pointed out, there's at least 6 teams with the SAME variation. That leads me to believe the rest of the league will look like that also. I'd rather the Shotgun look like it did in 09 if every team is gonna have the same "variation".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »