Home

Creating yourself: Do you or not?

This is a discussion on Creating yourself: Do you or not? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Creating yourself: Do you or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
Oh yeah. Every single year, since Madden and NCAA '99.

I'm 6'1", and in my playing days was 225 (god, to be that weight now ). I create myself as a QB, back story and everything. Sick.

This year, to get ready for Madden, I'm playing NCAA '09 on the PS2, for one season--my senior year. For Mizzou.

Okay--told you this was sick--then KC gets involved in a three-way trade with Chicago. Cassel actually goes to Denver, Orton to KC. And the Chiefs draft me in Round 2, after trading with their 2010 Gonzalez pick to move back into Round 2 this year. Got it all figured out--I'm hitting the highlights here. I sent my 4th round pick and 2010's 2nd rounder (the Tony G. one) to Chicago to get their 2nd round pick, and they gave me Orton as part of the three-way trade.

Then drafted me. Yup. Sick. I figure Kyle Orton will hold the fort until I'm ready. I'll learn the Chiefs new playbook (ala Todd Haley), then throw myself in mid-season.

Did I mention sick?
Gotta hand it to you, that's quite the scenario! So tell me, what do you mean by creating the whole back story? Is there actually a means to create a back story within the Madden game? As you can tell I've never messed with "create a player".
Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #58
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I always create myself in year 15 cause by then all the current players are retired. Or until my running back declines. I usually look for one in the draft but there are never any white running backs in the draft lol. So I create one. But madden 09 didn't have create a player in franchise mode.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't, but my friend creates our entire high school football team (I'm CB) for use in NCAA. He already made our NCAA 10 Teambuilder team, and then we each get that and some of us upload it to Madden (I do)
Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 21

All 155 lbs of me? Lol, no. I like to keep the game realistic, so I just stick to actual current players and real draft classes.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 07-03-2009, 01:41 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
What the heck version did you play? There were hardly any logos to pick from and you couldn't even put an outline on your numbers. That doesn't equal good create-a-team to me.
well whateva they had in the game thats what i had to work with and i made it work ! I didnt sit back and say "theres not many logos" or "i cant edit the outline of the jersey numbers"...I made magic with what was offered in madden 09 and it worked out for me. haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 01:52 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've never created myself in Madden. But if the announcer said my name then I would really consider it.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #63
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Gotta hand it to you, that's quite the scenario! So tell me, what do you mean by creating the whole back story? Is there actually a means to create a back story within the Madden game? As you can tell I've never messed with "create a player".
No way to do it within the Madden game--I take care of the back story online, by writing it myself. To add to my goofiness with it, this year I'm going to create a Madden 10 Chiefs blog. And I HAVE to have a realistic scenario--you know, "what if the Chiefs really drafted me? Where would I go, based on my NCAA performance, but with reservations about the hybrid offense I ran, and my height concerns (6'1" is, of course, considered a bit short for an NFL QB--the standard is 6'3", and some GM's/HC's have a real thing about height in a QB). So I figured 2nd round for my created player.

Chiefs didn't have a pick in the 2nd round because of the Cassel trade, but what if the Cassel trade didn't go down the way it did? What if the Chiefs wanted to draft me , but then also wanted a seasoned signal-caller to run the offense while I'm adjusting to the pro game? So I came up with the three-way, Denver-Chicago-Kansas City idea.

OR--I'm considering bringing Drew Bledsoe out of retirement. After two years, he'll be rusty, but what if Scott Pioli was able to talk him into coming back, and tutoring the young kid? The Pats had a habit of doing that--Testeverde, Doug Flutie come to mind--but maybe that idea's a bit far-fetched. Would the Chiefs have signed Gus Frerotte, maybe? Pioli likes grizzled veterans as backups--at least before the Cassel era as the Pats' backup. So I'm still considering the details. Don't know if I like the idea of moving Orton out of Denver.

Even though I'm creating myself as a QB, I try to make my stats realistic. I like to have some mobility and "throw on the run" ability, but since I use a hybrid, option/WCO playbook of my own creation in NCAA '09 PS2, I lower my Madden rookie QB's awareness--like he'll have to have some time--a year or two--adjusting to the pro game. I figure to make him about 77 or 78--barely even with or a notch below the ratings for Sanchez and Stafford, but slightly better than Pat White. Those three players will give me a good base to set the ratings for my QB.

Okay--it bears repeating--I know, sick.

Last edited by SalemChief; 07-03-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #64
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I've done it on every game I've had, save Madden. I'm gonna do it this year. I've actually kinda gotten away from myself so much, now it's more create-a-son. Maybe I'll just retire my virtual ego and make my two boys as create a players!
That's a dad there man. I have created myself 16 strait seasons on Madden and have kept track of all my stats in an Excel spreadsheet. This is my last go around as myself in my one year contract with the Jets ( I know a little Farveish) after that my hopeful son (due in January don't know what we are having.) will carry my video game torch.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »