Home

Will every completed pass still require a tackle...

This is a discussion on Will every completed pass still require a tackle... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Will every completed pass still require a tackle...

I'd really like to see some "tackle" animations where the ball carrier goes down to avoid the big hit when they are surrounded.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 12:27 AM   #26
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
get rid of that dumb shoestring tackle
Well shoe string tackles ain't all that bad. It's just to overdone. Just like the lame duck hit and throw with the QB. That is overdone some to aswell. They need to work on it inn the coming months. But I am sure they will get it right in this year madden hopefully.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #27
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm on the other side of the fence with the accuracy issue. Check out this pass from my online franchise. Watch Clayton beat the jam and make his way across the field and watch this dumb a$$ pass. The thing is Flacco does it EVERY game in my online franchise. I will have guys wide open and he will always and I mean always overthrow them. To me, that's stupid. I can understand once or twice, but if you can't make that pass to a wide open guy and there is no pressure, what are you doing in the nfl? Anyways, here it is,

http://www.easports.com/static/110.1...ediaplayer.swf flashvars="height=360&width=640&file=http://cdn.content.easports.com/media2/madden10/110250/792A0001_2_FLV_VIDEO_DZA.flv&link=http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16693440&linkfromdisplay=true&linktarget=_top&image=" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent">EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight
Yea LB I agree to LB. I played as Manning of the colts sometime. It seems manning misses alot of throws he can make in real life down field. If you should go to CD this year. Mention to Ian and the crew about this kind of stuff. We don't want pinpoint passing all the time. But great QBs like manning missing easy crosing routes does not happen like that all the time. Mention this them and see if they can work on this and tune it up some.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #28
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Lol...not only are they dumb, but they yield the same exact results every time, their's absolutely no variety in it and to boot, ....we have to hear a car crashing shoulder pad crunching sound effect associated to it, which makes no sense whatsoever

On another note,

LBzrule actually touched on a deep underlying problem in this game when he mentions that Flacco will almost routinely, on cue, throw that errent pass over the middle that is no where near the receiver. I dont think this is a result of just Flacco, but I think every QB will throw that same exact errent pass, the same exact way but with just different percentages.

One of the main problems with the Madden engine (and this seems to be the same problem thru all of EA's sports titles, NHL and NBA Live as well) is that the animations feel too scripted to trigger certain events at certain times. Rather than using real algorithms based on positioning, physics, trajectories and ratings, it seems like the action is simply using basic formulas to do "X" this many times and do "Y" this many times

If Offensive Lineman XXXXXXXX has a rating of YY and Defensive Lineman XXXXXX has a rating of YY then trigger successful spin 26% of the time if player spins

While Im sure this isnt the exact way the formula is designed, it just seems like its this simplified. That is why Madden becomes such a routine and bleh game after you have played several games. It no longer feels fresh and new each time. Every team you play with, regardless of the different player ratings, you start to see the same exact plays unfold when running plays.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen the same exact shoe string stumbling tackle made by the Middle LB covering the TE running a crossing route over the middle or the split end that gets upended in this overly dramatic flip to lose the ball when running a 15 yard crossing pattern.

Or the infamous DT or blitzing LB that defies all physics, ratings and odds to make a charging B-Line to the QB to force him to either get that ragdoll swinging sack or that overly rediculously scripted 3 yard wabble pass to the ground.

Come on guys, you know what Im talking about. Just throw a post route or a sideline fly patter just once or twice and you'll see how every single deep play ends up one of 2 ways....Usually with the safety converging on the ball at exactly the right time to end up with this colliding car crash sound effect break up of the play

Ian, needs to get his animation team and designers in a room together and simpy rework the engine to take more physics, trajectories, and real ratings into account to determine results rather than running these simple If-Then Triggered events

Gameplay is becoming very stale and lacks immersiveness and an organic dynamic feel.

2K Sports may have some of the stiffest robot like animations in sports BUT their use of incorporating better physics and ratings into their gameplay far exceeds EA. NBA 2K, NFL 2K and NHL games all are superior in creating a more immersive and dynamic experience that requires real strategies to succeed.

I want Madden to take their gameplay to that level
Well Ian getting his crew together and reworking the game engine is not going to be that sinple. That would take time and money. Which we already know and Ian has already they will stick with the engine they have. But if Backbreak should make a big splash in may and tons of football fans love the graphics and all. NFL rights are no NFL rights. After that big splash. EA and madden crew might have to rethink their plans. Because if alot of madden fans enjoy BB graphics and engine. Then EA for future maddens might be in big trouble. But for now Ian and his will stick with the same old engine no matter what the fans say are want.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:09 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
It shouldn't be totally in the hands of the user either. I mean if a user can "compensate" for an inaccurate QB - thus making him no longer be inaccurate, how is it then reflecting the fact the QB is inaccurate if he can be "user-ed" into throwing like Drew Brees.

If the real life QB could "compensate" like the user controlled QB could...he wouldn't be inaccurate in the first place.

If they would make a QBs qualities innate instead of making it a percentage based triggered bad pass event the problem would take care of itself. Even with the user being able to make some adjustments to the ball, it STILL would take consistency from the user to pull off a better throw and also there would STILL be throws the QB could not make by him innately NOT being able to.

There are other things that need to be considered also beyond everyones perception of they see a real NFL QB do. All of a QBs stats are not a direct result of HIS skill set. WRs drop balls, run wrong routes, alligator arm passes, etc. Dont matter that it was the WR's fault, the QB's stats take the hit, so stats are not the whole story as the "SIMS" on this board all seem to think.

We all can debate how they should implement QB accuracy, but I would never advocate a system that makes your Qb throw a bad pass based off a percentage. In a game that already has warping defenders and pass speed/trajectory issues this is just another thing the user has to deal with thats frustrating.

Also, The Madden Game is NOT the NFL. Its a game that has players that are suppose to mimic the NFL PLAYERS, NOT the NFL GAMES. If this was so then NO ONE should be beating anyone with the Lions, but we all know people do because if a user knows how to call plays and maximise the strengths of the team and hide its weakness, he can win against a stronger team. YOU are the coach/coordinator of team X not Sean Peyton or Wade Phillups.

No one here calls plays like they do, How in the hell do they expect to get the results they see in the NFL when the NFL aint playing the game....YOU ARE ??!?!?
Old 02-11-2010, 01:30 AM   #30
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
I'd really like to see some "tackle" animations where the ball carrier goes down to avoid the big hit when they are surrounded.
Do you realize how much complaining would accompany that one?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:25 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 2

Madden need euriphia so when you bump into WR he stumbles or slips or fall when go in air for a catch

Plus alot of WR stretch for a catch and ball their body up to take a hit or some fall to ground
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #32
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennepetal
Do you realize how much complaining would accompany that one?
it would it need to be a button combo to do perform like square and L1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »