Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 34
Turbo is kinda becoming obsolete..i dont mind it being gone in the least. Let a player's speed, be his speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 0
The game flow idea is good but, do not have the option to switch your playbooks. keep it football.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Turbo is kinda becoming obsolete..i dont mind it being gone in the least. Let a player's speed, be his speed.

See, when turbo comes to mind I think of a cheat!

When you say sprint, I think of a guy seeing the hole and accelerating through it - within his acceleration/spd ratings but leaving the control of the timing of when to hit that full "sprinting as fast as I can accelerate" in my hands!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:12 AM   #108
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
What if we like our games to last over an hour? I want my game to be as close to authentic as it can be, and playing a full NFL game in 30 minutes goes in the opposite direction.
If you want a true NFL experience then even one hour won't be enough. A sixty minute game that lasts three hours is what you get on Sunday's. I don't care who you are, nobody is going to be playing a game of Madden that long.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 8
That sounds great.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #110
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
i just hope they take it out of online completely, without the option to turn it back on there
Old 04-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #111
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Since players now have to plant before moving, suction blocking and lackluster AI seem to have at least been minimized when it comes to the offensive and defensive lines. During my limited amount of time playing the game, I was able to get solid pressure on the QB when it made sense. In addition, the CPU also pressured me if I attempted to hold the ball for too long in the pocket.
This part of the hands on scares me!Minimal improvements for suction blocking and A.I on O-line and D-line (the A.I will still warp when out of position).Did I read this correctly? With suction blocking still in the game it leads me to think that the gameplay is not improved at all.

If a player has to plant his feet now before moving then how is it that suction blocking is still present?During a "suction block" the player would warp/360 turn/fly/teleport to the position thus negating the foot plant. Lets just hope in madden 11 your O-line or D-line doesnt pull a madden 10 and magically let the defender by-pass them so they can tackle you.

Also,If you hold the ball to long of course the CPU will pressure thats been happening since madden 1.Thats the logic of the A.I since to follow the ball so, of course there would be pressure when holding the ball long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #112
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome_305
This part of the hands on scares me!Minimal improvements for suction blocking and A.I on O-line and D-line (the A.I will still warp when out of position).Did I read this correctly? With suction blocking still in the game it leads me to think that the gameplay is not improved at all.

If a player has to plant his feet now before moving then how is it that suction blocking is still present?During a "suction block" the player would warp/360 turn/fly/teleport to the position thus negating the foot plant. Lets just hope in madden 11 your O-line or D-line doesnt pull a madden 10 and magically let the defender by-pass them so they can tackle you.

Also,If you hold the ball to long of course the CPU will pressure thats been happening since madden 1.Thats the logic of the A.I since to follow the ball so, of course there would be pressure when holding the ball long.
Minimized in what you quoted means they don't show up as much as it did previously. They've greatly reduced it.

It doesn't mean minimal improvements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »