Home

Madden 11: Changing teams in franchise mode

This is a discussion on Madden 11: Changing teams in franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Madden 11: Changing teams in franchise mode

If you guys are up for controlling all 32 teams (not that difficult), you can switch teams. What I did was set all 31 other teams to mostly CPU control in their settings, except my Bills. Then every year I'd give myself some easy goals and if I didn't make them I'd be fired. I'd also manually fire other coaches around the league if they weren't doing well. And then if I was fired, or if I wanted to move on, I'd just take a spot that was open due to that team firing their coach. And then I'd set the Bills to CPU control in their settings, and what ever team I was using to User control in their settings.

Also, with controlling all 30 teams I had a lot of fun shaping other teams. Even though they were in my division, I always had fun having the Patriots sign all the big free agents (they were like the Yankees). They had Asomugha, Patrick Willis, Mayo, Peppers, Sproles, and Portis. Every year it made it so hard to beat them, but made it fun for me. Ofcourse, you could also have them sign free agents themselves by setting it to CPU.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I wouldn't mind doing a 32 team franchise like that if I didn't have to control trading. Not that the CPU did trade a lot last year, but I think if EA would allow us to set trading to CPU control, then starting a 32 team franchise would be exactly what I would do.

― Plato
Old 07-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #19
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I wouldn't mind doing a 32 team franchise like that if I didn't have to control trading. Not that the CPU did trade a lot last year, but I think if EA would allow us to set trading to CPU control, then starting a 32 team franchise would be exactly what I would do.
This is biggest issue with controlling all 32 teams...I like to trade and part of the fun is trying to figure out who you can deal and for what. For example I use the Patriots and last year I would try and get younger and better, but no one would take Fred Taylor off my hands. If I control all 32 teams I could easily swap him for Chris Johnson and a 1st (that would seem fair IMO), but no way would the Titans ever do this...I guess I would have a hard time keeping everything "real" if I controlled all 32 teams

Plus I like to draft, but I dont want to draft for all the teams in the league
Old 07-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
This is biggest issue with controlling all 32 teams...I like to trade and part of the fun is trying to figure out who you can deal and for what. For example I use the Patriots and last year I would try and get younger and better, but no one would take Fred Taylor off my hands. If I control all 32 teams I could easily swap him for Chris Johnson and a 1st (that would seem fair IMO), but no way would the Titans ever do this...I guess I would have a hard time keeping everything "real" if I controlled all 32 teams

I agree on all other points though. I shouldn't have to NEED to do all that extra work to have a realistic experience.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31

Maybe we can make a Rate My Trade thread like we do for NBA 2K10, in which you can tell us of your trade and we will say whether it is fair or not.

And for the draft you can sim all the computers pick, until you get to yours.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #22
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

I tried th32 team control and didnt like it.The draft took way to long.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #23
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Maybe we can make a Rate My Trade thread like we do for NBA 2K10, in which you can tell us of your trade and we will say whether it is fair or not.

And for the draft you can sim all the computers pick, until you get to yours.
How do you similar the other picks if they are all human. I didn't think you could. Thanks
Old 07-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

You could sim each draft pick last year.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »