Home

What is Consecutive Tackling?

This is a discussion on What is Consecutive Tackling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: What is Consecutive Tackling?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
It's really a shame you have no interest in playing 2k football, because that is something they have done extremely well. It is also what makes the players on the field feel very alive. They captured all of the contact that happens "away" from the play very well, and it's really cool to see it happen onto where the play is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
WTF? LOL! Nothing "ever" will as long as you refuse to PLAY other football games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny77733
Okay, I dont understand how you can think that NFL 2K is a great series but yet, you've never played the game. And why would you watch it but never play it? Even though im a 2K5 fan, when I see videos of Madden, I still want to play it and see how it is.
Nothing personal guys... Call it bias or whatever, but I came to this conclusion after years of playing many other football games. There's a joy I get playing Madden against another human is UNSURPASSED by any form of electronic entertainment.

Not only can I say unequivocally that Madden is the only football video game I want to play, but I wouldn't play any other football games even if I HATED Madden. I didn't switch to 2K and APF when I stopped playing Madden due to QB Vision. I watch other games, I play Madden. I don't play other games. I don't watch Madden.

I'm not concerned about recent developments because I already know the euphoric sensation comes is exclusive to Madden. In my eyes the only way for a game to compete with Madden was to do everything BETTER, have the NFL license, 'feel' exactly like Madden, and have human competition available 24/7/365.

So while you guys may enjoy different games... I enjoy Madden. The only other football game I'll play involves an actual ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny77733
Personally, I own Madden NFL 10 for PS3 and I played a full season combined between the 49ers and Ravens and quite honestly, even though I could play several games in a row, after a while I get bored of the game (and its flaws) and find myself going back to 2K5.

The gameplay in 2K5 isnt perfect but its damn good and when you add in the presentation, it feels like you're not just watching or playing a football video game but at times, you feel like you're in the game. And thats what I care about most when playing any video game, does it feel like you're actually in the game? Video games (sports or otherwise) are meant to be a fantasy of doing something that for whatever reason you'll never do in reality and if I cant get immersed in the games im playing, whats the point of playin video games to begin with? I mine as well collect stamps.

With all that being said, you should at the very least play a full season of 2K5. Seriously, if the biggest 2K5 fanboy can buy and play Madden, then every Madden fan should at least be fair and play 2K5 for a full season before saying anything positive or negative.
You know how you find yourself going back to 2K5? For almost 10 years, I bought all the football games and soon piled them up in a closet while I played Madden. After a few years of that it was obvious that I should stop wasting money on games I wouldn't play. Not saying those games are a waste of money, per se, but they were a waste of MY MONEY because I was buying games I wasn't playing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This. This is why I have a hard time taking your opinions seriously TNT. You don't have any experience playing a 2k game and make claims like the part we put in bold. That claim is groundless, more so when you admit you have never even played other NFL games.

California is the best to ever live in. I mean, I haven't lived in other states, but why would I? It's cool that other people here like the states they live in, if they do, but those states aren't as good as California.
As I've told many people many times... I don't buy other NFL games ANYMORE. I've tried plenty of NFL games, which is why I play Madden. I wasn't playing other games when I was buying them... I'm not going to be playing them now.

Fortunately, I've been to California 3 times. I was there last week. Nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Yet you do disparage it when you say it's not worth playing, and there's no way you can be any source of record for how games feel when you have played one game, and one game only, namely Madden. I've played every single football game now (had missed NFL Fever, but played it recently) even Black College Football: The XPerience. When it comes to 'feel', they are all different. I find it ironic you talk about the feel of Madden when they haven't had locomotion right, or remotely right since 2006 or before, with games in the following years turning into ridiculous speed-fests.
I'm sorry you feel like my comments are disparaging... In my estimation my comments about APF have been consistently complimentary based on what I've seen of the game. When I mention that playing another football game isn't 'worth my time' it's only because I'm committed to playing Madden and becoming a better Madden player.

So... In summary. Some of ya'll might still play many football games. I've settled on Madden. When they stop publishing it, I MIGHT play another football game eventually...

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: What is Consecutive Tackling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madchuck4
lets not talk about Apex please.
Ditto....Alot of people "GET' what he is going for (myself included) but he is just...........IDk....He annoys the crap out of me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »