Home

What is Consecutive Tackling?

This is a discussion on What is Consecutive Tackling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #49
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What is Consecutive Tackling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
That's because it's so obvious it shouldn't need to be on a wishlist.
Obvious to who?

The consumers or the developers?

I just saw it last year with Pro-Tak.

Never saw it before because I wasn't looking for it.

Now, it bothers me.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #50
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Consecutive hit tackling has been around in "other" games for a long time. It's embarrassing that it's not in Madden. NFL Fever's last game was 2004 and it was in that game. Unfortunately, there are many folks who are not very open minded when it comes to football games. They never bothered to try the other NFL games when they were available because they were so attached to Madden. Those folks really missed out, because a lot of those games were much much better as far as on the field football.

Everyone knows we all started out playing Madden. I started playing it in 1989... However, a lot of the other developers surpassed EA. With success comes complacency, and EA Tiburon is the poster child for it. 6th iteration on the latest and greatest hardware and we are asking for multi hit tackles. This sums up my problem with EA and Madden. I have to continually ask/hope for basic things that were already done well in previous games on older hardware.
I agree. I find it interesting the way some people on here actually seem to get frustrated when others show what's wrong with Madden. If I havent been able to pinpoint exactly what's wrong, I still probably knew something seemed off. Even if I didnt, I want to be showed how things have and can be done better. Ignorance may seem blissful but knowledge of the truth will make you free.

If someone has been with a bank for 20 years and has been paying ATM fees, monthly account fees etc, it's the banking norm for them. If another person comes along and tells them other banks don't charge those fees but still offer the same services, they have given that person truthful knowledge that can free them from bank fees. It's up to them to change banks or not but the knowledge given was defintely a good thing.

I dont understand an allegiance of ignorance to EA, 2k Sports or any other company, person and thing. I like the game that most relates to what I find enjoyable and what I enjoy most in sports titles is visual realism and gameplay. I actually come on OS with a thirst for knowledge and the hopes of learning something new because I realize, I dont know everything.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #51
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36

An "obvious and serious flaw" in the game? Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't see 'consecutive tackling' or 'improved gang tackling' for that matter on many wishlists the past 2 years. But now that a video has been crafted detailing it, now it's issue #1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Never saw it before because I wasn't looking for it.

Now, it bothers me.
That seems to be (at least to me) the case with a lot viewers that watch youtube videos that point out flaws with the game.

Yeah some may have noticed the same problems with the game before the videos were made, but I'm pretty confident in saying that if it wasn't for the youtube vids, the majority of people that follow the madden-problem youtube vids wouldn't even see and/or recognize the problems. Some act as if they have been tired of Madden having the problems for years now when it's obvious that some are acting that way just because it was recently pointed out to them on youtube.

The simple fact that people use "apex buzzwords" instead of talking about problems and/or saying what they want in the game in their own words pretty much proves it.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 07-17-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #52
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
That seems to be (at least to me) the case with a lot viewers that watch youtube videos that point out flaws with the game.

Yeah some may have noticed the same problems with the game before the videos were made, but I'm pretty confident in saying that if it wasn't for the youtube vids, the majority of people that follow the madden-problem youtube vids wouldn't even see and/or recognize the problems. Some act as if they have been tired of Madden having the problems for years now when it's obvious that some are acting that way just because it was recently pointed out to them on youtube.

The simple fact that people use "apex buzzwords" instead of talking about problems and/or saying what they want in the game in their own words pretty much proves it.
Precisely my point...

Again, that's not to say there's no merit to Apex's videos.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #53
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
That's where I disagree. I think that a lot of gamers are aware of and aare frustrated by the flaws in Madden, but there really aren't any "official" terms for these problems... why would there by? key workds of coined phrases are just a simple way for people to identify what is frustrating to them with out having to describe every instance individually.

A term I used for years was "Madden Moments" long before they actually had "Madden Moments" in the game. To me, Madden Moments were the various "predicatbly unpredictable problems" you would get in Madden. A Pulling guard that is set up to block that OLB or safety and then stops and spin around and blocks some backside player who would have no impact on the play and you get tackled for a loss, or if the block was picked up, maybe you could have scored. A Madden Moment would be what Versuz called "jazz hands" where your, or the computer's linemen would let defenders in unblocked. The various known issues in Madden where players do stupid things, consistently that screw you over, are Madden Moments.

The community is going to make up thier own terms and nicknames for things, every community does. That's actaully just part of human culture. There si a reason why here in California we call a "Soda Pop" a Soda, back east I am told they call it Pop, and in the Sounth they call it a Coke [which is funny becasue a lot of them Drink RC Cola, if he asks for a Coke, don't give him a Coke-a-Cola.]

So, anyone who has a problem with this can really climb down off of their cross, use the wood to build a bridge, and get over it.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #54
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
That's where I disagree. I think that a lot of gamers are aware of and aare frustrated by the flaws in Madden, but there really aren't any "official" terms for these problems... why would there by? key workds of coined phrases are just a simple way for people to identify what is frustrating to them with out having to describe every instance individually.

A term I used for years was "Madden Moments" long before they actually had "Madden Moments" in the game. To me, Madden Moments were the various "predicatbly unpredictable problems" you would get in Madden. A Pulling guard that is set up to block that OLB or safety and then stops and spin around and blocks some backside player who would have no impact on the play and you get tackled for a loss, or if the block was picked up, maybe you could have scored. A Madden Moment would be what Versuz called "jazz hands" where your, or the computer's linemen would let defenders in unblocked. The various known issues in Madden where players do stupid things, consistently that screw you over, are Madden Moments.

The community is going to make up thier own terms and nicknames for things, every community does. That's actaully just part of human culture. There si a reason why here in California we call a "Soda Pop" a Soda, back east I am told they call it Pop, and in the Sounth they call it a Coke [which is funny becasue a lot of them Drink RC Cola, if he asks for a Coke, don't give him a Coke-a-Cola.]

So, anyone who has a problem with this can really climb down off of their cross, use the wood to build a bridge, and get over it.
There's nothing wrong with the use of nicknames... it's just that (at least to me) there's many that have never described the problems in their own words before the buzzwords/nicknames were created (and I probably should have said the word "before" in my previous post).

As Rgiles kind of pointed out, it seems that if it wasn't the case, some of the problems would have been on a good number of wishlists/requests for years now instead of them just recently popping up (by their nickname) on a good number of lists.

But maybe it's just me lol.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 07-17-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with the use of nicknames... it's just that (at least to me) there's many that have never described the problems in their own words before the buzzwords/nicknames were created (and I probably should have said the word "before" in my previous post).

As Rgiles kind of pointed out, it seems that if it wasn't the case, some of the problems would have been on a good number of wishlists/requests for years now instead of them just recently popping up (by their nickname) on a good number of lists.

But maybe it's just me lol.
why should the problems have to be pointed out to the developers?
It's an obvious flaw where ballcarriers have this forcefield around them that isn't present in other football games including those from last gen.

And there were threads up about this problem much earlier in the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
but if it is true, what is wrong with that? Doesn't that have to do with someone being enlightened?

you know, I'm not one of those who worry about specific little details like correct socks or hand towels.......not that there is nothing wrong with being vocal about it...

but what we are vocal about in this thread is VERY important and it can, imo, advance gameplay drastically....if enlightening others about this issue helps all of us gamers in the long run...I don't know why some would have a problem with it.

if we are not vocal...then nothing will get done......as well as when others downplay issues for what ever reason...... I just read some say in another thread that they don't have a problem with progressive lighting not being brought back to Madden....as a developer if you read that....if you didn't have much motivation before when deciding on an issue....comments like those will just give you the out you were looking for...

just look at the running animations, they are an embarrassment to this generation....these are expensive HIGH tech machines we payed for.....EA Sports has the resources...they have the money....but it seems who ever is in charge of Madden doesn't have the will to fix a basic issue........its a damn running animation which is essential to football, put some of those little bright balls on me and let me run around the high tech facility...I'll do it for free and I'm sure others here would as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »