Home

What is Consecutive Tackling?

This is a discussion on What is Consecutive Tackling? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #65
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What is Consecutive Tackling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbox

After playing NCAA and noticing how much the locomotion has improved, the defenders falling off of the ballcarrier sticks out like a sore thumb.
It sure does and I agree, the difference though, is that in spite of that, people over in the NCAA forums are saying NCAA is a very good game.

If Madden plays as well as NCAA has for me, I'll be a happy camper.

Will I be upset if I see the same thing in Madden? Yes.
Does it need to be fixed? Yes
Will it be fixed for 11? No
Will there be a patch for it? Probably not.
Will I throw a tantrum and throw my controller against the wall or TV? No

It does need to be fixed, though!!!! It looks out of place!!!!!

Last edited by roadman; 07-17-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #66
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
That's where I disagree. I think that a lot of gamers are aware of and aare frustrated by the flaws in Madden, but there really aren't any "official" terms for these problems... why would there by? key workds of coined phrases are just a simple way for people to identify what is frustrating to them with out having to describe every instance individually.

A term I used for years was "Madden Moments" long before they actually had "Madden Moments" in the game. To me, Madden Moments were the various "predicatbly unpredictable problems" you would get in Madden. A Pulling guard that is set up to block that OLB or safety and then stops and spin around and blocks some backside player who would have no impact on the play and you get tackled for a loss, or if the block was picked up, maybe you could have scored. A Madden Moment would be what Versuz called "jazz hands" where your, or the computer's linemen would let defenders in unblocked. The various known issues in Madden where players do stupid things, consistently that screw you over, are Madden Moments.

The community is going to make up thier own terms and nicknames for things, every community does. That's actaully just part of human culture. There si a reason why here in California we call a "Soda Pop" a Soda, back east I am told they call it Pop, and in the Sounth they call it a Coke [which is funny becasue a lot of them Drink RC Cola, if he asks for a Coke, don't give him a Coke-a-Cola.]

So, anyone who has a problem with this can really climb down off of their cross, use the wood to build a bridge, and get over it.

For some reason, this is a very hard concept for some people to understand.

I've known about, and spoken about pretty much every issue that has been brought up in YouTube vidz, and even some that aren't, long before I watched YouTube Madden vidz. I just never posted them here before I joined obviously. I never heard of OS before someone in the Madden forums on Playstation forums told me about it. I learned about Apex, and Moody, and others from OS. Before that I never even thought to look on YouTube for Madden "gripe" vidz.

I've been posting on other sites about Madden for many, many years though. Playstation, IGN, Gamespot, etc. As hard as it may be for some to believe, these are things that have been discussed, long before Apex was a troof chaser. But let's say for argument's sake that nobody knew about any of these things before Apex brought them up. Does it make the issue any less of an issue?

Last edited by Only1LT; 07-17-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #67
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

tumbleweed?
and yet all the defenders had some kind of impact on that tackle, or lack there of. that looked more like a broken pro-tak tackle. I didn't see one texan bounce off an invisible force field around steve smith or his team mates. Also, no one dove and floped onto the ground because of that either. Even the last player trie to "hitstick" the pile, but it was too late.

In Madden, Pro-tak starts and occasionally a few players may add, but if another player tries to add on, and theyre is already a palyer at that spot he either sliders over to a new handle which is bunk or he has NO IMPACT on the pro tack and glides off.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #68
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT

I've known about, and spoken about pretty much every issue that has been brought up in YouTube vidz, long before I watched YouTube Madden vidz. I just never posted them here before I joined obviously. I never heard of OS before someone in the Madden forums on Playstation forums told me about it. I learned about Apex, and Moddy, and others from OS. BEfore that I never even thought to look on YouTube for Madden "gripe" vidz.

I've been posting on other sites about Madden for many, many years though. Playstation, IGN, Gamespot, etc. As hard as it may be for some to believe, these are things that have been discussed, long before Apex was a troof chaser.
Exactly. I only joined around Feb of 09 or something like that. Hard for me to post a wish list prior to that. Also, from what I was told, there was a "Madden Manifesto" after madden 04 came out. I never read it, but I know some of he people who put it together and they told me a lot of these issues are long standing known issues in the community. Oh well, this is all likely falling on def ears [I mean members of the community, not EA mods... and if you think I meant EA you had better rethink how you look at EA as well ]
Old 07-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #69
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

tumbleweed?

The problem with this is that, like others have said, it happens all the time in Madden. In 10, there was a Pro-tak animation where many defenders actually latch on to the runner, and the runner high steps out of a 6 man tackle and goes for an 80yd TD. What makes it worse is that not only do you break out of a 6 man gang tackle but while you are in the giddy up animation to break the tackle, any other defenders that try to tackle you will not be able to until the animation finishes. This is a HUGE problem.

I don't know if you meant the post to be a joke (probably is my guess based off of what I know of you from your posts), but this is something that Tiburon doesn't get. They look at plays like the Steve Smith play, and I know they did because they mentioned that play specifically in a blog, and they say "moments like this should be in the game". Umm... NO! This is where I don't want everything I see on Sunday. Plays like that happen once in a blue moon. I'm quite content to never see a play in a videogame where the runner comes out of a 6 man tackle and scores, because I have yet to see them be able to make these once in a lifetime plays, happen... once in a lifetime. Until they can, keep all of them out of the game.

That Pro-tak moment that I mentioned earlier where the runner giddy up's out of a 6 man tackle? No lie, I could do that at least once in just about every single game I played with Jacobs. ONCE A GAME. Jacob's is a beast, but come on now lol!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:38 AM   #70
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbox
well yeah, as they fix more things in the game going forward the problems that haven't been touched become more apparent.
I somewhat agree with that since imo it depends on who's playing the game. Using roadman (and me) as an example, there's many who don't find problems until those problems are pointed out to them.

Quote:
Not really.

FYI, I use nicknames to describe things so I definitely do know how nicknames work.

What I was saying is that from what I've seen, a good number of people who follow what the "madden youtube problem videos" say never stated the problems being brought up in the videos long before the videos were created.

And I say that because things described in these videos would have been requested to be fixed on MANY wishlists and/or be said by A LOT of people to be fixed for a good number of years now instead of them being requested recently during this gen.

Quote:
I've been posting on other sites about Madden for many, many years though. Playstation, IGN, Gamespot, etc. As hard as it may be for some to believe, these are things that have been discussed, long before Apex was a troof chaser. But let's say for argument's sake that nobody knew about any of these things before Apex brought them up. Does it make the issue any less of an issue?

I never did say that they weren't discussed before the apex videos.

Once again, all I was stating was something that seems to be the case for a good number of people based on what I've seen.

Also, I never said that because of it, the issues shouldn't be fixed and/or shouldn't be thought of as issues. Why would I when I (and I'm pretty sure everyone else here) wants the game to be better?

Last edited by Bgamer90; 07-18-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #71
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I somewhat agree with that since imo it depends on who's playing the game. Using roadman (and me) as an example, there's many who don't find problems until those problems are pointed out to them.

Not really.

FYI, I use nicknames to describe things so I definitely do know how nicknames work.

What I was saying is that from what I've seen, a good number of people who follow what the "madden youtube problem videos" say never stated the problems being brought up in the videos long before the videos were created.

And I say that because things described in these videos would have been requested to be fixed on MANY wishlists and/or be said by A LOT of people to be fixed for a good number of years now instead of them being requested recently during this gen.

I never did say that they weren't discussed before the apex videos.

Once again, all I was stating was something that seems to be the case for a good number of people based on what I've seen.

Also, I never said that because of it, the issues shouldn't be fixed and/or shouldn't be thought of as issues. Why would I when I (and I'm pretty sure everyone else here) wants the game to be better?

I hear what you are saying, but my comments weren't towards you specifically. Just commenting on something that I have observed as well.

For the record though, it did appear to me that you were in the camp that I was addressing, but if I misunderstood I apologize. But again, I wasn't talking about you specifically anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #72
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
I hear what you are saying, but my comments weren't towards you specifically. Just commenting on something that I have observed as well.

For the record though, it did appear to me that you were in the camp that I was addressing, but if I misunderstood I apologize. But again, I wasn't talking about you specifically anyway.
Okay... it just felt that it was directed towards me since I basically started the discussion about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »