Home

Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

I usually do ne fantasy team but still have not gotten around to it. I may delve into it this weekend and draft my team!

I will post it when I do.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #34
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todem
I usually do ne fantasy team but still have not gotten around to it. I may delve into it this weekend and draft my team!

I will post it when I do.
Looking forward to it. I am thinking of doing Philly or Denver for my video/official franchise. Our friends have DnD on Tuesdays and Friday nights, so I might not make the video until Wednesday and hopefully post it be Thursday?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #35
Rookie

dixiebum18's Arena

OVR: 2

From my experience, the fantasy draft order changes drastically based on the picks you make, which cause the computer to change it's picks.

For example, I went through and made a list of the players I wanted for my franchise. Then simmed a fantasy draft to see where those players fell in the draft, and documented all this so I knew exactly what round, and pick in that round, all of those players were.

When I went back in to actually do my draft, all the picks before my first pick were still the same, but once you pick your player, the rest of the draft is kind of reset.

Now that I have messed up other teams draft order by picking a player that they would have chosen later, the draft completely changes. The OLB that I wanted to get in the 12th round, has already been picked by the 9th round. And the MLB i was going to choose in the 15th round, is gone in the 13th round.

So this draft guide really only works as a base and the drafts seem to change based on your picks as well.

Last edited by dixiebum18; 09-21-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #36
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiebum18
From my experience, the fantasy draft order changes drastically based on the picks you make, which cause the computer to change it's picks.

For example, I went through and made a list of the players I wanted for my franchise. Then simmed a fantasy draft to see where those players fell in the draft, and documented all this so I knew exactly what round, and pick in that round, all of those players were.

When I went back in to actually do my draft, all the picks before my first pick were still the same, but once you pick your player, the rest of the draft is kind of reset.

Now that I have messed up other teams draft order by picking a player that they would have chosen later, the draft completely changes. The OLB that I wanted to get in the 12th round, has already been picked by the 9th round. And the MLB i was going to choose in the 15th round, is gone in the 13th round.

So this draft guide really only works as a base and the drafts seem to change based on your picks as well.
Yes, it does. I have edited my guide to reflect this new information we are all seeing. I actually like this. I like how you can't just go in and meta game the draft all the way and take advantage of the computer. You haveto be aware of who has been selected, and willing to take a "risk" on some players. One tiem I took Crabtree [82 OVR] in round 5 thinking that a mix of WRs, CBs and DE will be taken that round only to see the 84 OVR WRs still on the board for many more rounds whiel the OLBs were taken in round 5. In that same draft in the next round I took another risk and went for N. Shu [85 OVR] while letting Vilma [90 OVR sit for another round, and it payed off. The next round DT were down to 78's OVR and the MLBs were untouched. I took that same risk again and grabed Michael Oher [LT 89 OVR] in round 7 and Vilma was still on the board in round 8, so I had to take him then.

Center, Guard, Tight End, Free Safety, Strong Safety, Punter and Kicker never appear to change. Sure, the top end player will get selceted early, but after the 90 OVR players are gone ,the computer doesn't select them in large goups until certain rounds.

Once you get past the Kickers and Punters and dip into round 21+ it's really up to you to fill in your back ups. If there are "gems" you are looking for, you'll likely get them all at this point, jsut try to write them down and draft the higher OVR gems first.

Quote:
Yes, but that isn't a bad thing. It's a guide. Even if no one here uses it, to me it is important so you know what to expect. You expect WR's, CBs, and DE to go in the first 4 rounds. You expect most FS and SS not to go until after round 12 or so. You can expect MLBs to go around 6-10 range. You know that the Kickers and Punters are taken around 19 or 20. To me, that's some good info to have.

Last edited by PGaither84; 09-21-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Are you using custom sliders?
no not currently. do you suggest them? if so which ones do you suggest?
Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #38
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ SHAKER
no not currently. do you suggest them? if so which ones do you suggest?
I use my own set. I also use Coach Mode [auto passing.] I still guide my ball carrier, or may take over the QB and scramble instead of standing still in the pocket all day long. I rarely control defenders. The game is "too easy" when you user control. I have nothing agaisnt user control for fun, but you do have a video game advantage over the computer by seeing the entire field on a play.

Note: Settings are "User/Computer"

Passing
Accuracy: 40/50 - if you still are not using coach mode. 50/50 if you are.
Pass Blocking: 45/30 - Pass Blocking is too good by default, the computer's more so.
Catching: 45/45 - Receivers catch too many passes in Madden in my opinion. Week 1 and 2 was great example of receivers dropping a lot of passes in real life.

Rushing
Broken Tackles: 45/45 - Too many broken tackles in Madden. A slight lowering keeps you and the computer from braking every other tackle.
Blocking: 45/55 Your team blocks too well, the computer not well enough by default.
Fumbles: 47/47 Unless you are using the strip button, there are not many fumbles in Madden. Adrian Peterson holds onto the ball at 50 most of the time.

Run Defense
Recognition: 40/60 - The computer HB needs help running the ball against you because it doesn't have a user to guide him. The computer defense needs help because you are controlling your back.
Block Shedding: 50/55 - Shedding is fine, in my opinion, for the user. However, the computer gets pushed around a lot on default 50.
Tackling: 55/55 - Again, too many broken tackles for my taste. You still see broken tackles with this setting, but they are not every other play anymore.

Pass Defense
Reaction Time: 50/95 - I used to have user set to 80, but they sniffed everything out and the computer could hardly pass on me even with Brees. The computer pass defense needs all the help it can get, even with Coach Mode.
Interceptions: 25/25 - With high reaction time ,the computer will pick nearly everything. Also, user picks should go down as well. The computer makes a number of bad throws right to your D. you still get picks, but are less likely to average 2-3 or more a game now.
Pass Rush: 60/60 - The pass rush needs to be more effective than it is by default. This increase with the lowered pass blocking makes the user and computer QBs feel the pressure far more often. Having "all day to throw" is far less common, like real life.

I also use Fatigue at 57, and normal game speed. I also tell players to substitute out at around 75 or so fatigue and come back in at 85 or so. Offensive linemen and QB's I tell to stay in a little longer than 75. More like 70. That way you also get a more realistic rotation and depth is needed.

These sliders work for me. When I use the Bills, I can hardly move the ball. When I have the Jets, I can run the ball really well, and am average at the pass. When I use the Colts, I can pass all day and mix in the run. I had a franchise from back when I got the game where 49ers rookies Mike Upati and Anthony Davis have progressed to 90+ OVR players, we have Joe Staley, and I drafted a RG in the first off season who is a 95 OVR stud. I also found a FB with a lot of run blocking strength and impact blocking. After exporting the team and playing exhibition games, my running game is amazing, but my passing game is still suspect, as it should be. My line plows the road for me on nearly every down. I compare that to going back and using the Bills where C.J. Spiller has to do all the work himself, and I can see and feel the difference between a good line and a bad one.

I suggest you try these out, and try many different match ups. Then replay those match ups as the other teams. After some games, make any tweaks you may feel you need.

Last edited by PGaither84; 09-23-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 18

I think the whole thrill of the draft is lost if you try to mock it.

Just do it! And see where the chips fall.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #40
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todem
I think the whole thrill of the draft is lost if you try to mock it.

Just do it! And see where the chips fall.
Different strokes for different folks. I like to draft "with" the computer to make it a little more "fair." I am also a competitive player more than I am a casual player. The idea of missed oppertunities drives me crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »