Home

Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

Awesome thread,thanks !
Old 10-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #50
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I edited my opening post. Please read it. This afternoon when I got home to edit my video, I was told there had been a roster update. I downloaded that update and ran a few new drafts for fun. I was both surprised and not surprised in the least to find out the draft logic/order is vastly different again with this update.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #51
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

I updated my OP with this information, but here is my brand new Week 4 [after week 3] roster update draft board:

1 Any - TE, WR, OLB
2 Any - WR, CB, OLB
3 OLB, WR, CB
4 OLB
5 Tackle
6 CB - Vonte Davis
7 Tackle
8 HB
9 Guard
10 Guard
11 MLB
12 QB
13 FS
14 C, QB
15 SS
16 FB
17 TE [MLB 3-4]
18 K
19 P
20 Any [WR]
21 D. Thomas [WR]
22 K. Wilson [CB]
23 D. Williams [NT]
24 J. Edelman [WR]
25 R. Bush [HB]
26 S. Greene [HB]
27 R. Bryant [DE]
28 J. Odrick [DE]
29 I. Sopoaga [DE]
30 T. Cody [NT]
31 R. O'Calahan [RT]
32 T. Mays [SS]
33 P. Tinoisamoa {OLB]
34 J. Jerry [RG]
35 V. Ducasse [LG]
38 T. Troup [NT]
39 J. Murphy [CB]
42 A. Alabi [LT]
49 T. Bright [C]

The empty areas are for you to fill in.

Reasoning:
  • There are not a lot of talented offensive linemen in Madden, at least, not enough to go around. With 32 teams picking 4 linemen [not centers] by the end of the 10th round typically, you are going to want as much of a head start that you can get in my opinion.
  • Every position and player you draft, you will have to sacrifice not being able to select a different player and position. I am willing to sacrifice selecting defensive linemen and a stable of WRs in exchange for a solid LB core and sturdy offensive line. You still get a top end QB, a nice HB, good Safeties, and a stable of physical Corners.
  • In the NFL and in Madden, talented Corners are like talented offensive linemen. They are rare and everyone wants a lot of them. I suggest going after V. Davis [84OVR] as your 6th selection and your #1 or #2 CB because he is young and has all the tools to be elite. He has 90+ speed, acceleration, and agility along with high 80's in man and zone coverage with 96 press. As a 1 year pro with A potential, he will progress into one of the best CBs in your franchise, and is already an amazing Corner to start for you right now. My other recommendations are there for similar reasons. Physical corners that will challenge receivers up and down the field and help you in the running game and tackling someone who does break open.
  • In the 3-4, it's all about run stuffing linemen. Anyone who has high block shedding and high power moves are elite linemen and will get drafted very early. The defensive linemen I suggest are the best defensive linemen rated in the 70's. They range in the low 90's and high 80's in Block shedding, tackling and power moves, all three ratings you need for 3-4 linemen, all at lower end picks.
  • I suggest, if you draft like I do, you move J. Odrick over to LE with Sopoaga. Start Sopoaga and then use formation substitution in the play calling screen to sub Odrick in for 3-3-5 Nickle and 3-2-6 Dime packages. He is a better pass rushing end and you are less likely to need Sopoaga's run stopping ratings in those formations and situations. Next, start T. Cody and have D. Williams be the back up. With Cody as the starter, he gives you a lot of talent, but only has like 49 stamina. D. Williams will come in when Cody gets winded. I use 57 fatigue and set my players to around 755 sub out and 85% sub in. Makes fatigue more realistic to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #52
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

New rosters are out and the Fantasy Draft Board has changed again. For example, WRs are almost exclusively taken in the 3rd round of the draft. In just he last update it was an even mix of OLBs and WRs. New Draft Board coming soon.

Last edited by PGaither84; 10-08-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #53
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Oct 8th roster update:

1.) Best available.
2.) Best available.
3.) WR - 18 taken this round with a smattering of left overs from 1 & 2.
4.) OLB -18 taken, rounds ends with DE being taken.
5.) CB - WR and OLB start the round, but 19 CB are taken after that.
6.) DT - 19 taken. left over CB, WR and OLB are mixed in.
7.) MLB - A smattering of of all of the above in the first half. MLB get all the love in the 2ed half.
8.) MLB & Tackles make up almost every pick this round. A solid split between the two positions.
9.) HB - MLB and Tackles are in the 1st 1/2, HB the 2ed 1/2
10.) Guards - tackles and DE are taken in the beginning Guards make up most of the round.
11.) A smattering of Guards, CB & WR.
12.) TE - More CBs, WRs and Line backers [both kinds] until the 2ed 1/2 where it becomes TEs.
13.) FSs and TEs make up almost every selection this round.
14.) QBs and Centers - More leftovers start the round. A mix of QBs and Centers are taken shortly thereafter.
15.) The rest of the QBs and Centers are taken here.
16.) Only Guards and OLBs are taken this round. Teams looking for their #2 guys here.
17.) SS - Teams look to fill their #2 spots @ Guard, Tackle, DE, OLB, WR and CB. Final 16 picks have 14 SS.
18.) FB - Teams continue to look for their #2's. FBs get a lot of attention as well.
19.) Another round filled with teams hunting for lefts overs. Kicks see a little bit of love.
20.) Kickers almost exclusively
21.) Punters almost exclusively.

From this point forward you will be drafting your back ups. I have made up my own list of "backups" I like to look for in each draft. I then make a note of what rounds they are selected in on a draft board and keep a note of that to finish my final rounds.

Last edited by PGaither84; 10-08-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

ok so im doing an online franchise with my 2 friends and we are going to do a fantasy draft...i did my own draft with just computers in offline franchise and none of these draft guides are helpful but i think its bc of the week 6 roster update......can u please experiment some drafts and see what positions are taken in what rounds..with the latest roster update bc during this week is when we are doing the draft so i need to be ready
Old 10-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

hey man. did you post that fantasy draft video yet ? if so could you link it for me plz? im really excited and i checked out you videos for lets talk defense and they were really good and helped me alot so im sure that this on will help too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

i was wondering, are u gonna update this after the most recent roster update? or after the last one next week? or ever again? lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »