Home

Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2011, 02:00 AM   #73
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

As I continue to edit and add to Post #66 found on page 7, any feed back is welcome. Do you like the format I am using with spoiler tags in an attempt to "clean up" the guide?

Once I am done I plan on moving the "final guide" to the first post just like you find with Slider threads.

For the rest of the night [Tuesday Feb 8th] I I plan on simulating a franchise for several years. I am at the end of year 3 right now.

I am looking for retirement ages, how A and b potential players progress and how others decline.

So far everything appears to be working like I thought it would. A potential players with core skill sets are progressing their "experience" based attributes and becoming the best in the league [Awareness, play recognition, man and zone coverage, route running, etc.] At the same time, players who already have those skill sets are not really going to progress their physical skills, so they don't improve their OVR as much.

At the beginning of year 4 of the franchise, for example, Bradford and Stafford have become some of the NFL's best passers with ratings around 95 OVR. Tim Tebow and Jimmy Clausen are both 85OVR right now. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco both stabilized around 90 and 91 for their careers it would appear. Mark Sanchez joined them and is a 90 as well.

EDIT: Going into the 5th year though, Aaron Rodgers, and Philip Rivers have both fallen. Rodgers down from 98 to 94 and Rivers from 95 to 90. Tebow, who started his rookie year did not play a down after that and went from his 85 OVR down to 81. I assume if he got his job back and played well, he may stay there or go up a little more. Jimmy Clausen never lost his job, but like Rivers and Rodgers "randomly" went down as well. He has solid numbers but went from his 85 down to 79. Brady and Manning are still 99 and 98 OVR players. Odd...

Last edited by PGaither84; 02-09-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #74
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

Javid Best & Legarret Blount are really great late round gems.
I use Best as KR/PR & he killed almost every special team he went up against.
I had CJ, Best, Blount as my 1st FD using ur guide!!!

As for TE's:
I picked up Hernandez up from the PAT since he was on the block.
I think he got to 90 in years 3(or 2).
Small in height but his attributes are crazy for a TE.
Great speed for a TE, & very reliable hands, 99 in year 3.
He was one of the only stars in my pass game in the "hurting years"
After a few good drafts my team is now a winner.
(My current Bills chise. relocated to my home town . Had to gut the team because of holdouts too.)
Old 02-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 11

They can call Hernandez a TE all they want, he's really a very physical slot receiver and therefore of course perfect for a game like Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #76
Rookie

DaMenace18's Arena

OVR: 0

Great job with the guide so far. I look forward to the rest!

Your take on Defense should be interesting.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #77
Rookie

DaMenace18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

EDIT: Going into the 5th year though, Aaron Rodgers, and Philip Rivers have both fallen. Rodgers down from 98 to 94 and Rivers from 95 to 90. Tebow, who started his rookie year did not play a down after that and went from his 85 OVR down to 81. I assume if he got his job back and played well, he may stay there or go up a little more. Jimmy Clausen never lost his job, but like Rivers and Rodgers "randomly" went down as well. He has solid numbers but went from his 85 down to 79. Brady and Manning are still 99 and 98 OVR players. Odd...
What about Drew Brees and Big Ben. Do their ratings stay also?

It makes me think twice about selecting Aaron Rodgers in the first round of my online franchise.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #78
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMenace18
What about Drew Brees and Big Ben. Do their ratings stay also?

It makes me think twice about selecting Aaron Rodgers in the first round of my online franchise.
Ben and Brees have stayed about the same and dropped a few points as they got older which was fine to me. I still think user controlled Aaron Rodgers or Rivers could get enough stats to keep them going, but it appears they need top end stats to keep from falling. I will make a note of that in the guide though.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #79
Rookie

DaMenace18's Arena

Here's some feedback:

If you have any time available you can always make an online franchise draft guide.

You can talk about what kind of players are important to draft when it comes to playing a User instead of a CPU.

For Ex: A scrambling QB IMO is very important because many users (strong users) tend to play a ton of zone coverage and also put their d-line in coverage in order to eliminate any passing lanes.

Another Ex: Drafting a beyond average TE or WR because users tend to control the MLB often and you need someone that has a huge frame and is quick.

Just a suggestion thats all.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im doing a new fran and can't decide on what I want to build it around offense defense or a little bit of both? Anyone have any ideas on which to do and top players to draft in those situations?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »