Home

Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #81
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

So, I have finished with the Offensive Line and did Line Backers.

I plan on working on corners and safeties next. Finally I will address defensive line. once that is finished, I plan on building a draft board. After that, I will likely start work on a "draft with me" video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 11

That is some great, great work you're doing here, I'm having fun playing a Seahawks franchise right now but I think I might actually try having a kind of sim franchise with a fantasy draft once you're through here, very interesting stuff.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #83
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

Nice!!!
Can't wait to review the O-line & the LB's.
I'd be interested in the vid as well.

Thanks bro!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR BRYANNT
Im doing a new fran and can't decide on what I want to build it around offense defense or a little bit of both? Anyone have any ideas on which to do and top players to draft in those situations?
If you've been following this thread you know the answers are to be found in this thread.

U can use the guide & draft for need, or who ever is the best @ the position u desire, or read thru this thread to get an idea of who we feel are the best "in game".

IMO it's always good to go with a balanced team.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:48 AM   #84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Okay, I haven't finished my guide, but I finished [for the most part] my positional break downs.

By doing that, I have now fished out my "favorite players to draft" from the large pool of prospects. Now I can go in and make draft boards. [Sigh] This is a lot of work, but all of your thanks have made it worth it. I am glad that people are actually using and enjoying this.

Last edited by PGaither84; 02-11-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:27 AM   #85
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Okay, I haven't finished my guide, but I finished [for the most part] my positional break downs.

By doing that, I have not fished out my "favorite players to draft" from the large pool of prospects. Now I can go in and make draft boards. [Sigh] This is a lot of work, but all of your thanks have made it worth it. I am glad that people are actually using and enjoying this.
Big ups to u!!!

This guide(previous/recent) is very helpful when trying to put a team together.
It gives u an idea of who goes when so u have a chance to grab the players u want.
Whether they be proven vets, or unproven prospects this guide is something I use in my fantasy drafts on a regular basis.

Thanks again bro.

I'm just doing a sim chise I can give u a hand with rating for certain positions if u need.
I'm 3-5 years in so far.
I can also help with some of the generated rookies/hand crafted. I've been keeping notes on who I pick & what class they're from.

Cheers bro!!!

I vote for this thread to get "stickied".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #86
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Thank you D-Mac, and everyone else!

So I just ran my first fantasy draft after "finishing" this guide.

QB: Vick
HB: Hillis, Best, Shonn Greene
FB: Jon conner "The Terminator."
WR: Megatron, Crabtree, Shipley "The new Wes Welker"
TE: Vernon Davis
OT: Oher, Bulaga
OG: Iupati, Vasquez
C: Mack
DE: Suh, Devito, Odrick, Ron Brace
DT: T. Cody, Sopoaga, Dan Williams
OLB: "gems" [forgot names off hand]
MLB: Timmons + gems [see above]
CB: Finnegan, Vonte Davis, Mike Jenkins, Jarome Murphy
FS: Malcom Jenkins
SS: Eric Berry
Kicker: Rob "My" Boronas
Punter: Scifris

I swapped Suh and Sopoaga's positions. Suh is a great 3-4 end while 330lb Sopoaga works as another solid NT and back up DE as players get fatigued.

I really like that team. Filled with rare talents at QB, TE, and WR with a solid running game and a run blocking first offensive line that is only going to get better. I also really like my 3-4 line, MLB, my entire secondary [except I am not totally sold on any of the Free Safeties in the game to be honest.]

I think Friday evening I will try to finish editing the guide and start work/layout on my video.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 11

I've noticed in several fantasy drafts I've tried today, that Jerod Mayo doesn't even get close to the 8th round (and I mean seriously not getting close, I've seen him come off the board in the 5th or 6th round mostly) where you have him listed, I'm I just having some bad luck or has the CPU him listed higher by now?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #88
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
I've noticed in several fantasy drafts I've tried today, that Jerod Mayo doesn't even get close to the 8th round (and I mean seriously not getting close, I've seen him come off the board in the 5th or 6th round mostly) where you have him listed, I'm I just having some bad luck or has the CPU him listed higher by now?
i'll take your word for it, but the last two drafts I ran, he was taken in the 8th.

I do know that who the user picks can have an impact on the computer's logic. Did you possibly try to take a MLB before him in hopes of having a pair of elite MLBs? I'll keep a closer eye out for this on my next draft.

Finally, are you sure using the final roster update? Did you possibly make any changes to that roster before drafting?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »