Home

Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 03:53 AM   #97
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Did I get this right that there's another (final) roster update this friday? If so, this will most likely screw up the fantasy draft order again, right?
There probably won't be too many rating changes made to the final rosters.
I've heard it mainly to get guys off IR & make final 53 man rosters.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:06 AM   #98
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Did I get this right that there's another (final) roster update this friday? If so, this will most likely screw up the fantasy draft order again, right?
My understanding was there wasn't, but if there is, I did a lot of in-depth work this last time around. I can make edits much faster if there is a new update.

Doing that guide last week ate into all of my social time, so I have been catching up with it this week along with the birthday of a family member.

My pan right now is to get through the week, see if there is another update, and I have been planing what/how I want to do the video.

I was thinking of just doing a "Draft with me" where I film a raw draft with my live commentary. After that, I can save and start a new video about playing that franchise out. Is that something you would be interested in?

i am stil thinking on how I want to "play" the franchise. Do i want to simulate the games? Super Sim? Play but with coach mode? Full user control play? Sim but play the post-season? So many questions.

Should I play with my custom sliders [share them obviously] or with default All-pro sliders?

What would you all like to see?

When I know for sure the final update is up, I will put my finishing touches on the guide and move it to the OP. right now it can be found on Post #66 [I think] on page 7 if you don't already know.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:18 AM   #99
MVP

OVR: 11

Honestly, I'm not big on anything other than full user control. Yes, it's too easy with a "dream team" like you get from a fantasy draft, but I really don't think Madden franchise offers enough aside from the game itself to make simming games really entertaining.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #100
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

With lbzrule as my witness, I just ran a fantasy draft, used my "sim sliders" that have worked so well for me since the final patch, and my week 1 game ended 100-12.

I started off with a nice lead, then, without tryign to score i broke some big runs and got some pick 6's. Next thing I know it's like 87-12 and I think to myself, "can I get to 100 with the time left?" Sure enough, with 6 seconds left i got into FG range and hit the century mark.

Ugh... I feel so dirty.

If I end up playing each week, I only have two choices: A.) Coach mode; B.) play as both teams.

The computer could not move the ball to save it's life with Chris 2k, Big ben, Greg Jennings and a solid line. The D had talent as well, but it couldn't keep up with my speed and O-line.

Oh, and Vilma was hurt in the pre-season, so he didn't even play.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Ugh... I feel so dirty.

If I end up playing each week, I only have two choices: A.) Coach mode; B.) play as both teams.
Er how about C) use some sliders adjusted for actually playing the game instead of simming?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #102
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Er how about C) use some sliders adjusted for actually playing the game instead of simming?
The problem is the computer isn't very good at football/Madden. So you have only two options: A.) Use sliders that do not respect the ratings just to make the game more difficult, or; B.) use sliders that do their best to respect the ratings, but beat the computer down because it does a poor job of calling plays and an even worse job of executing them.

if you draft a line filled with top end run blockers and havae a fast back, how do you not run alll over the computer?

If you draft a team with talented receivers and a QB that can make all the throws, how do you not make all the throws and dominate?

if you draft a team that can stuff the run with their 90+ block shedding and elite line bacekrs, how do you not stuff the run?

If you draft corners that are lock down in man coverage, how do you not shut the passing game down and get coverage sacks and force bad throws?

If you draft a team with all of the above, how do you not destroy the computer game in and game out?

If you use sliders that negate the talent of your team, then what was the point of drafting your team?

This is what has frustrated me about playing Madden for many years, which is another topic.

So, after that rant... I am not sure how I can make a franchise video that would be fun to make and fun to watch.

If you have some great sim-style slider set, I'm all ears.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #103
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

This is how I do my chises now.
I usually just play a game or 2 of the preseaon to get a feel for my players, then just sim game by game.
If I make the playoffs I'll play them.
I like to do the off season stuff the most, I'm maily the GM of my team. :P

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not big on anything other than full user control. Yes, it's too easy with a "dream team" like you get from a fantasy draft, but I really don't think Madden franchise offers enough aside from the game itself to make simming games really entertaining.
Who says you have to pick the top guys every round?
This guide just gives you an idea of how the comp drafts.
I usually just get who I want/need, I stack my O-line on offense.
I'll get a mediocre QB so it's more of a challenge.
81-80 @ the highest but Usually I just get a QB in the high 70's.
If he works in my system , I'll keep him around a few years, if not I draft a QB & develop him.

I like to stack my D-line on defense since I like using my DT to open holes for my LB's.
I always end up weak @ CB, I just address that need in the off season thru the draft.
If I miss a a sack/blitz, I usually get worked since my CB's or usually around 78-75 & I usually just draft for speed to help with the blitz, so I don't really have any "physical corners".
Old 02-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #104
MVP

It's simple, if I do a fantasy draft, I want to draft the best team possible. It's the only reason for me to do it. If I want a team with flaws, I'll just play a regular franchise, plenty of options there. There's no motivation whatsoever for me to do a fantasy draft but trying to get the best team possible together.

Considering the sliders, I kind of understand your logic, PGaither, but I don't share it. I play the game to have fun and be challenged. When the game isn't challenging me anymore, well, I pump up the difficulty, it's as simple as that. If I notice that I'm crushing my opponent in the running game, I'll lower my Run Block a couple points and heighten the CPUs Run Def Reaction Time a little until it feels right again, why shouldn't I?

I'd love to draft a fantasy team and just sim through my games, really, I'd love it, IF Madden offered me any motivation to do so. But it doesn't. I love playing sports manager games, but Madden doesn't offer anything that I would call even a fraction of the "off field" possibilities that a manager game would, it offers less possibilities than any other mainstream sports game I know offers. There's no player progression during the season, not even a "weekly form" affecting each players ranking, barring injuries, there's no reasing whatsoever to ever change my depth chart in the course of a season. The trading system is ridiculously broken and boring, same for negotiations. So what's left to be excited about with simming games? There's scouting and the draft, true, but they didn't even get that one close to right, if I don't ridiculously limit myself it's pretty much impossible not to find all the hidden gems in the draft, while you absolutely can not plan for the draft before the first pick is made, because even though the draft projection for each player is hard coded, we don't have a single clue about that before the draft actually starts.

Once Madden offers me a game that is actually fun to play in sim mode, I'll be the first to play a sim franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »