Home

Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

*facepalms* Yeah I of course I missed that last roster update, stuped me ignore everything I'm saying lol
Old 02-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #90
MVP

So I drafted my first team with the final roster and with your guide and boy did I get an offense...

QB - Bradford
HB - Peterson
FB - Conner
WR - Megatron, Bryant, Tate, Shipley
TE - Finley, Gronkowski
T - Oher, Okung
G - Iupati, Vasquez
C - Mack

Usually would've gone for Thomas and Keller instead of Gronk and Tate, but I thought as I'm playing the Pats I could at least try to get some "home team playes" drafted And yeah, running with Peterson behind an OLine were a 23 year old A potential 81 OVR RG is considered the "weak spot" is just as scary as it sounds. Throwing to Megatron and Finley with Bradford feels almost like cheating, I mean, is there anything Megatron doesn't catch? He grabbed two Hail Marys against double coverage I threw up for grabs just to look how far Bradford could throw it in my first game...

Defense is a little bit less impressive but nonetheless

DE - Sopoaga, Devito
DT - Cody, Williams
OLB - Cushing, Weatherspoon
MLB - Mayo, Levy
CB - Davis, Jenkins, Wilson, Webb
FS - Thomas
SS - Berry

Of course Cushing had to break his collarbone in my season opener but fortunately he's only out for 4 weeks, but of course as always, depth at defense is a real issue with drafted teams. My defense sure has its weaknesses, but especially the safeties feel like beasts in coverage, coming up with two interceptions in the first game and generally not allowing any kind of deep pass.

...and in my second game, Eric Berry tore his hamstring, looks like the game tries to shut me down at least a little bit. Still, I fear that it's true, those fantasy draft teams are more suited to coach mode or sim games, it's simply too easy dominating in every aspect of the game with such a team, and I don't even want to imagine how powerful such a team will look 2-3 years down the line with some added draft gems.

Last edited by TheDelta; 02-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:52 AM   #91
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Where did you end up getting Mayo?

Yeah, you can dominate with those teams, but I also use custom sliders. However, isn't that the point of the word "fantasy?" That you get some kind of dream roster? Oh well. It's fun, no?

I am actually glad to hear of this "problem." I think that is a solid indication I did a good job with the guide.

The entire secondary is going to get nasty after one or more seasons and they start to reach 99 man coverage and top end press coverage.

Last edited by PGaither84; 02-13-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2011, 06:51 AM   #92
MVP

Took Mayo at the top of the 8th round, no problem at all with the final roster updates, your guide is spot on.

Yes, of course it's a luxury problem and I'm not really complaining, don't worry It's a ton of fun to play with this game and especially in one or two years when my CBs come into their full potential (and I beefed up the DLine with some draft gems because honestly I almost don't know what else to do with the draft, safe for getting some backups to my OLine and Defense) this will be an even more dominating team for sure.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #93
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Yes. I think with a good fantasy draft the real goal is to build up backups. It really is a shame you can't trade or trade for future draft picks. It would be nice to pull some patriots stuff by trading for future picks and piling up picks and then trading a bunch of low rounds for a few high rounds, so on and so forth.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #94
MVP

I hear you man. It's so sad EA didn't care at all about franchise in years past, I just hope they expand it significantly for 12. This mode should be the bread and butter of Madden, yet it has less features than any other comparable game mode for any other sports game, really sad.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #95
Rookie

DaMenace18's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey man. Once again great work!

Are you still going to release a youtube video?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #96
MVP

Did I get this right that there's another (final) roster update this friday? If so, this will most likely screw up the fantasy draft order again, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »