Home

Changing teams to a 3-4 defense

This is a discussion on Changing teams to a 3-4 defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Changing teams to a 3-4 defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
I am telling you that Dolphins changed to 3-4 play the 3-4 with Dolphins playbook--and Dolphins are 4-3 by default.
How can they play a 3-4 with a 4-3 playbook? The 4-3 PBs don't have a 3-4 formation, so if they're playing 3-4, they're obviously not using the playbook.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
How can they play a 3-4 with a 4-3 playbook? The 4-3 PBs don't have a 3-4 formation, so if they're playing 3-4, they're obviously not using the playbook.
I changed the Dolphins from 4-3 to 3-4 and played them against the Vikings. The Dolphins had a 3-4 formation from which to choose plays, and the playbook was default Miami playbook.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
I changed the Dolphins from 4-3 to 3-4 and played them against the Vikings. The Dolphins had a 3-4 formation from which to choose plays, and the playbook was default Miami playbook.
Yes, and as has been pointed out on this thread, the default Miami playbook is a 3-4 playbook.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Ok, but the Tony Sparano playbook is 3-4, so that's what they play with by default when you play a game.

Change the Bears to 3-4 in the coaching scheme then play a game against them with their default playbook. They will be 4-3.
I just did that and the Bears, changed to 3-4, only had 4-3 to choose from. Thus, I can only surmise the changing of 4-3 to 3-4 will work for some but not all teams. Since the Bears use a 4-3, I am not interested in changing them. I will check all the teams that were changed to 3-4 by me and see how they play. Kind of amazing that Madden got all these 3-4 teams wrong.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Yes, and as has been pointed out on this thread, the default Miami playbook is a 3-4 playbook.
All I know is the default defensive coaching scheme for Dolphins is 4-3 in Madden. So why would coaching scheme show 4-3 when they play 3-4?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
All I know is the default defensive coaching scheme for Dolphins is 4-3 in Madden. So why would coaching scheme show 4-3 when they play 3-4?
How about you look to your own last post for the answer. They got it wrong.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #23
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
It's simply a mistake that they're listed as 4-3. Every team will play with whatever their default playbook has, doesn't matter what's listed at the coach's scheme page.

Also, there is the glitch that changes every scheme when you change just 1. So now that you made the Bears 3-4, every team will be listed as 3-4 at the coaching scheme page. This will only affect simmed games, not games you play.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #24
Banned

But how about all the teams that really use a 3-4? Are they all using a 3-4?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »